Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Email

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I got some info to say I should access www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie but no luck when I try to log in. It won't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mine works:D
    try putting in your username with @studentmail.ul.ie rather than just the ID Number

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

seachto7 wrote: »
    I got some info to say I should access www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie but no luck when I try to log in. It won't let me.

Mine either...it works periodically and then goes on the blink for no reason. I keep entering the correct details and they don't enter - the credentials screen just keeps appearing back and won't let me go any further. Crappy system, so frustrating! :mad: I've tried it on Chrome and on Internet Explorer. Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was told there are problems on Chrome, and to try Firefox, but still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

• Advertisement

I have an email written but I cant figure out what to press to send it.
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I have an email written but I cant figure out what to press to send it.
    Anyone know?

There are action buttons above the 'To' field

Send | Discard | Insert

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

i cant seem to do anything with my email bar read them. like when i click new mail nothing happens. cannot reply or forward either. What could be the issue here i can log in and open them fine.

Niall09 wrote: »
    There are action buttons above the 'To' field

Send | Discard | Insert
    Not on mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pipkin12

Can log in on campus when i click the my mail button but once outside of the library I cant do anything!! massively frustrating. Also cant log into sulis? Wont take my passwords in all their forms, but wont recognise my email address to reset it.......:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Still having the same issue with chrome, accepts my login fine on firefox but chrome just stonewalls every time. Massively irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I can log into the SIS but not my email - is it a different password? I was sure it was the same (like in every other college I have been to!). Very confused, and just want to access me email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Still the same for me. Have to use Expat Shield to log in while on campus. Absolute pain in the hole. I'm really surprised ITD have said f*ck all about this, given that so many people seem to be having the problem.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Still the same for me. Have to use Expat Shield to log in while on campus. Absolute pain in the hole. I'm really surprised ITD have said f*ck all about this, given that so many people seem to be having the problem.
    ITD give 0 fúcks about a problem unless you have exhausted every way possible to fix it yourself. If it involved everyone working off one dial up modem in the middle of the river Shannon they would rather you do that than them spend time working on something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I cant log in on campus on laptop or computer using the college internet.

When I click on mail link I get a popup looking for log in details that doesnt work.

I can login in CSIS PCs if I use IE and put ul\ before my ID number. No joy on Chrome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Why are there still problems with the emails. I can access my emails via Chrome but it ****s its brick when I log out of them. Sometimes it just ****s itself for no reason. Its week four FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Chrome is sh*te on campus. It freezes way too many times.

So...

I can log in in IE both on and off campus.
    I can log in in Chrome off campus.
    I can log in in Chrome on campus if I hide my IP address.
    I can't view attachments in IE, can in Chrome.
    I can't send mail in IE, can in Chrome.

This upgrade is great!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So...

I can log in in IE both on and off campus.
    I can log in in Chrome off campus.
    I can log in in Chrome on campus if I hide my IP address.
    I can't view attachments in IE, can in Chrome.
    I can't send mail in IE, can in Chrome.

This upgrade is great!
    Only way i can log is either firefox off campus or IE on. Even still to write and send an email, I have to write it, save it to drafts then go into drafts to make the send email button appear

Meanwhile ITD, still ignoring the problem, have now suggested either sacrificing your 2nd born, trying hot yoga or moving on to a no carb diet, anything at all bar them addressing the problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

freyners wrote: »
    Only way i can log is either firefox off campus or IE on. Even still to write and send an email, I have to write it, save it to drafts then go into drafts to make the send email button appear

Meanwhile ITD, still ignoring the problem, have now suggested either sacrificing your 2nd born, trying hot yoga or moving on to a no carb diet, anything at all bar them addressing the problem

I thought I was the only person having a problem with the send button appearing and disappearing! There a way you can get it to appear but you have to click certain stuff I can't remember! I was getting so frustrated trying to send an email yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Lads easiest way outta it I found is to use the Microsoft Outlook software that comes in the Office package if you have it. There is no hassle with it at all and you can actually SEND emails on it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 johntylol

Savior for the outlook software shout works fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Got this when I tried to log in today
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.LiveTransientHRESULTException: LiveId authentication code has returned error 0x80049234 PP_E_RPS_REASON_POST_TICKET_TIMEWINDOW_EXPIRED, indicating that there's a temporary problem with the remote server. Please check the Application event log for detailed information and retry the operation later. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80049234): Post ticket time window expired. Ticket could be reposted. at Microsoft.Passport.RPS.Native.IRPSHttpAuth.AuthenticateRawHttp(String siteName, String httpVerb, String path, String QS, String httpVersion, Boolean bHTTPs, String httpHeaders, String httpBody, Object pAuthResultsBag) at Microsoft.Passport.RPS.RPSHttpAuth.Authenticate(String siteName, HttpRequest request, RPSPropBag propBag) at Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.LiveIdAuthentication.Authenticate(HttpContext httpContext, String siteName, String[] memberNameIgnorePrefixes, String& puid, String& orgIdPuid, String& cid, String& membername, UInt32& issueTime, String& responseHeaders, RPSTicket& rpsTicket, Boolean& hasAcceptedAccrual, UInt32& rpsAuthState, Boolean& isConsumerIdentity) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.LiveIdErrorHandler.ThrowRPSException(COMException e) at Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.LiveIdAuthentication.Authenticate(HttpContext httpContext, String siteName, String[] memberNameIgnorePrefixes, String& puid, String& orgIdPuid, String& cid, String& membername, UInt32& issueTime, String& responseHeaders, RPSTicket& rpsTicket, Boolean& hasAcceptedAccrual, UInt32& rpsAuthState, Boolean& isConsumerIdentity) at Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Security.LiveIdAuthenticationModule.OnAuthenticateRequest(Object source, EventArgs e)

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

yeah I'm still having issues as well. Thankfully I'm not stuck for it at the moment being abroad but it is some joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Anyone else's email down again?

The Bogman wrote: »
    Anyone else's email down again?

That question would imply it ever got sorted in the first place, try using outlook if you have it, best work around I've found

Working fine for me (well, by "working" I mean it only works in IE on campus)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

In the library, need to get into my emails fairly urgently. Nothing working for me. Tried chrome, IE, everything. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Bogman wrote: »
    In the library, need to get into my emails fairly urgently. Nothing working for me. Tried chrome, IE, everything. :mad:

Do you use gmail? You can set studentmail up as a folder in your gmail if so.

Advertisement