Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended SME Networking Events in August?

Options
  • 07-08-2013 12:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to get some recommendations for business networking events taking place in Dublin city in August (and perhaps next month). I work in online / digital marketing as a freelancer and I am looking to move away from working with clients attached to web agencies, to working directly with SMEs myself.

My goal is to take a different approach to working with clients. I am looking to move away from having a medium engagement with a number of clients to a deeper engagement with maybe 3-4 clients, bringing them on board and working with them closely to achieve great results. Then, using this as a foundation for growth on my own terms.

To achieve this, I think I just need to get out there among business owners, rather than relying on referrals, etc. I always feel like meeting someone upfront leads to a closer relationship in the long run. So if anyone has any events they would particularly recommend, let me know.

I will also be looking at Meetup.com and other websites.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

There is always a bunch of startup events posted here weekly : http://startupdigest.com/dublin/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

ifah wrote: »
    There is always a bunch of startup events posted here weekly : http://startupdigest.com/dublin/

Cheers, I do get that each week actually. I am looking for events where you will get more seasoned / established businesses, as opposed to startups where marketing budgets will likely be very small or non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Maybe something like Dublin Chamber of Commerce for the more established customers : http://www.dubchamber.ie/events/upcoming-events?id=57839

However, I wouldn't rule out the Startup community - it's not just about early stage startups - I've been to some events attended by Tech Companies that are beyond startup and are in Stage 2 financing where financing is in the realms of '000's of thousands to millions of euro.

I'm involved in a startup and we have engaged a Digital Designer from the start and are paying market rates. Most startups recognise the need for a good online presence from the outset and are factoring that into their business plans.

We don't require online marketing at present (due to nature of business) but would have no issue engaging with a good freelancer who buys into the vision and is willing to grow their engagement as the company grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭cgriffin

E-Commerce Ireland is a Meet-Up group I'm involved in. Its all about helping people to sell online more effectively.
    We got an event in MacTurcaills on Townsend St tomorrow night.
    More info here.

Maybe something like Dublin Chamber of Commerce for the more established customers : http://www.dubchamber.ie/events/upcoming-events?id=57839

However, I wouldn't rule out the Startup community - it's not just about early stage startups - I've been to some events attended by Tech Companies that are beyond startup and are in Stage 2 financing where financing is in the realms of '000's of thousands to millions of euro.

That is true actually.
    I'm involved in a startup and we have engaged a Digital Designer from the start and are paying market rates. Most startups recognise the need for a good online presence from the outset and are factoring that into their business plans.

We don't require online marketing at present (due to nature of business) but would have no issue engaging with a good freelancer who buys into the vision and is willing to grow their engagement as the company grows.

Good to hear, you would be exactly the kind of client I'd be keen to work with, so feel free to let me know if you are looking for someone at a later stage!

• Advertisement

cgriffin wrote: »
    E-Commerce Ireland is a Meet-Up group I'm involved in. Its all about helping people to sell online more effectively.
    We got an event in MacTurcaills on Townsend St tomorrow night.
    More info here.

That's right, I have known about that one for a while and would love to go, but won't be around for it. Next time.

Advertisement