Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone-line is in, still waiting for broadband

Options
  • 07-08-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So my father and I moved about 3 weeks ago. We got our phone-line transferred to the new address no problem. What is a problem however is the broadband. We moved on the 12th and were told the phone-line would come in a few days. It did. We were told the broadband would come a day or two after. When it didn't we rang up and were told it was scheduled for the 31st. So we waited till the 31st. It didn't come and we rang up again on the 31st. We were then told the order failed, that someone would call us back in 24 hours. Nobody called so we rang again. The EXACT same thing, you'll get a call in 24 hours. No call. When we called again we were told that it'd be there on Tuesday (6th). When it didn't come yet again we rang up and were told we needed to talk to the engineer/technician - However when we got through to them they hung up on us before we got any information or results. At this stage working with no internet is getting extremely frustrating and we're getting no results.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Scumbum wrote: »
    So my father and I moved about 3 weeks ago. We got our phone-line transferred to the new address no problem. What is a problem however is the broadband. We moved on the 12th and were told the phone-line would come in a few days. It did. We were told the broadband would come a day or two after. When it didn't we rang up and were told it was scheduled for the 31st. So we waited till the 31st. It didn't come and we rang up again on the 31st. We were then told the order failed, that someone would call us back in 24 hours. Nobody called so we rang again. The EXACT same thing, you'll get a call in 24 hours. No call. When we called again we were told that it'd be there on Tuesday (6th). When it didn't come yet again we rang up and were told we needed to talk to the engineer/technician - However when we got through to them they hung up on us before we got any information or results. At this stage working with no internet is getting extremely frustrating and we're getting no results.
    Hi Scumbum

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scumbum

Hi Scumbum

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al
    Sent a PM

Sent a PM
    Thanks Scumbum

I've sent this to broadband operations and I'll be back in touch with you as soon as they get back to me

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scumbum

Thanks Scumbum

I've sent this to broadband operations and I'll be back in touch with you as soon as they get back to me

Al

Problem is solved now, the light went green today at last - thanks

Problem is solved now, the light went green today at last - thanks

Ok Scumbum

Thanks for letting me know

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement