Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN number question

Options
  • 07-08-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hi, recently I was asked by my parents to look into a problem they are having with their business about their meter readings. Two years ago their shop was on fire and the landlord replaced the old meter with a new one.

Now they've been sending ESB their readings but apparently for the last two years ESB have not received any of the readings. So my question is does a new meter requires a new MPRN number? Because all the bills that was sent to my parent's business has been the old MPRN and they've always used it when submitting their readings.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

I know of an instance where a new meter was supplied and a new MPRN was issued. I don't know if it happens in all cases.

Cannot understand why you are asking this since the MPRN is clearly shown on the meter. If the meter is being read then the relevant MPRN is there to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭PenguinForce

Thanks for the reply. I was asking because my parents told me that my sister changed the MRPN number to the new one however all their bills still contain the old MRPN number. So it got me wondering if a new meter is installed does it mean it use the new MRPN when submitting the readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Each meter has a serial number, this gets tied to the MPRN, ring the MRSO on 1850 20 04 06. And check the serial number againest the MPRN.

The should have updated the serial number if they kept the old MPRN

Advertisement