Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from AH.

Options
  • 07-08-2013 12:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate a review of this banning, it seems to be pretty harsh. Thanks.

From: dr.bollockoDate: 05/08/2013 | 16:06Dear gallag,You have been banned from After Hours for one month for Trolling.This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.We don't want that here.For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.dr.bollockoYour post:Quote: gallag If there were no buses how would all the lazy people lift their €188 every week?

To: dr.bollockoDate: 05/08/2013 | 19:43Thats ridiculous and I would like to appeal this decision, you know fine well it was a light hearted joke, I have made many jokes in the same vein about buses and never been banned for it. I believe my post was worthy of the light hearted nature of afterhours.

From: dr.bollockoDate: 06/08/2013 | 00:38Quote: It wasn't light hearted. It just came across as trolling. Trying to goad posters into an argument.

To: dr.bollockoDate: 06/08/2013 | 11:04Half the posts in that thread were of the same vein, its hardly a contentious subject like racism or religion, I would wager I could find several posts in bus threads that were the same/worse that did not get as much as a warning. Can I assume any making fun of buses i.e loser cruisers or peasant chariots will now receive a month ban? Or was it the €188 reference? Because that must be the most referenced running joke in AH?You say my post was trolling and looking a reaction, in a way I was, Its called banter, it was a light hearted jab and that is what AH is about. Again if it was a more contentious subject like say the Boston bombing thread then a different level of decorum would be used but do you honestly thing that thread was started in AH by cathol looking for sensible debate on the bus usage patterns of AH'ers? I could understand your reaction if my post was in the public transport forum. Is this a personal thing because even trying to be as objective as I can this has to be the most ridiculous banning I have seen in AH.

no further reply from dr B.

Regards, gallag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

6 warnings, 8 infractions and 9 forum bans tell me you are not learning how to conduct yourself on the site.

It's not us, it's you.

Cop on, or it'll be a siteban next.

Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement