Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

missing the First week back question

• 07-08-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

soooo im going into second year and i was thinking of skipping the first week as i want to travel. im not too worried about missing lectures but is there anything that happens in the first week that i would NEED to attend, like signing something or picking modules or just something that needs to be done so i can finish the year, or is the first week mostly just first lectures and parties? anyone know?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Are we officially starting back on the 16th? Cos it adds then an extra week to our semester doesn't it? I've half got it in my head that cos the place is semesterising for first years, that we won't be starting back that week!

Also, if that is the case, then I'm off to Rome on the 16th for the week and I'm going into final year :P First week is just sorting out classes and shizz, never anything super important. If you have to miss a week, this is the week to miss. I wouldnt worry too much like :p

Could also depend on yer subjects, mine didnt require anything! What are your 2nd year subjects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Are we officially starting back on the 16th? Cos it adds then an extra week to our semester doesn't it? I've half got it in my head that cos the place is semesterising for first years, that we won't be starting back that week!

Also, if that is the case, then I'm off to Rome on the 16th for the week and I'm going into final year :P First week is just sorting out classes and shizz, never anything super important. If you have to miss a week, this is the week to miss. I wouldnt worry too much like :p

Could also depend on yer subjects, mine didnt require anything! What are your 2nd year subjects?

music and italian...musics the only one im worried about because i dont want some of the subject specific modules to fill up on me but our class rep said well be emails, so all good

thanks i<3chem, off to spain with me then! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

shane9689 wrote: »
    music and italian...musics the only one im worried about because i dont want some of the subject specific modules to fill up on me but our class rep said well be emails, so all good

thanks i<3chem, off to spain with me then! XD

All modules are done over the portal anyway so I wouldnt worry about that :)

Go, enjoy Spain! Week two is when it's time to start behaving :D

Advertisement