Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look like the Anzhi "project" is over

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Delighted for Denisov. Sold out for a big paycheck and he's heading back out the door a few weeks later :D.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

didnt achieve much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

They were going nowhere anytime fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He lost 375 million in a day of his 7 Billion fortune?

In the grand scale of things thats not that much for a guy worth 7 billion.

Someones going to pick up a good player in Willian when hes sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He lost 375 million in a day of his 7 Billion fortune?

In the grand scale of things thats not that much for a guy worth 7 billion.

Someones going to pick up a good player in Willian when hes sold.
    One of these day's it will be Roman pulling out of Chelsea ;)

• Advertisement

One of these day's it will be Roman pulling out of Chelsea ;)

Could be but in the short term he wont, in his 10 years hes invested more into Chelsea then the Anzhi owner and lost about 35-40% of his wealth at its highest through various ventures and such.

At his highest he was worth about 17billion hes down to about 9billion now.

Roman and Chelsea are here to stay for the foreseeable future unfortunately for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Great. Hopefully more sugar daddy owners will follow suit before the sport becomes a complete mockery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wtf is a 'project' anyway?

Really bugs me that players/managers etc of seemingly every club these days goes on and on about a 'project'.

Is it just me that's bothered by that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Moneymaker wrote: »

Really bugs me that players/managers etc of seemingly every club these days goes on and on about a 'project'.

Nah, me too. It's an incredibly daft phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Can see where you are coming from tbh. I suppose you could argue that Martino at Barcelona doesn't have a 'project', he's just there to keep the status quo whereas a club that comes from nothing but then has high hopes such as Anzhi had could be seen as more of a project...but yeah defo an annoying football cliché

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You just don't understand the philosophy of it.

Another irritating word in football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Oat23 wrote: »
    Delighted for Denisov. Sold out for a big paycheck and he's heading back out the door a few weeks later :D.

You mean he got a massive signing on fee and massive wages and if tghey do sell him he will get a massive pay off?

Looks like he's doing pretty well for himself!

Monaco, PSG, Man City, Chelsea and the rest are all going to follow suit eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seaneh wrote: »
    Monaco, PSG, Man City, Chelsea and the rest are all going to follow suit eventually.

please God:pac:

Theres a lot more money in the EPL then Ligue 1 so I wouldnt hold my breath regarding City or Chelsea.

I reckon PSG and Monaco will fall before the English clubs.

You mean he got a massive signing on fee and massive wages and if tghey do sell him he will get a massive pay off?

Looks like he's doing pretty well for himself!

He forced his way out of the club he has been at since he was a kid to go to a smaller team for more money. Now he is being kicked out of there after a few weeks and will probably sign with a team who's prospects aren't close to Anji/Zenit unless he decides to uproot his family and leave Russia.

He was already rich and a hero at Zenit. He might have enough money to buy another bentley now, but he has f*ck all else because of his actions.

Bit of a headcase too so good luck to whoever does sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Always thought it was a serious waste for someone of eto'o class playing out there. Hopefully he comes back to a main European league

Oat23 wrote: »
    He forced his way out of the club he has been at since he was a kid to go to a smaller team for more money. Now he is being kicked out of there after a few weeks and will probably sign with a team who's prospects aren't close to Anji/Zenit unless he decides to uproot his family and leave Russia.

He was already rich and a hero at Zenit. He might have enough money to buy another bentley now, but he has f*ck all else because of his actions.

Bit of a headcase too so good luck to whoever does sign him.

I find it hard to have any sympathy for Zenazi St. Petersburg to be perfectly honest...

Lacina Traoré will be a good signing for whoever picks him up.

6'8", quick feet, strong, eye for goal and not afraid to work hard.

Unplayable when he's on form to be honest.

Lacina Traoré will be a good signing for whoever picks him up.

6'8", quick feet, strong, eye for goal and not afraid to work hard.

Unplayable when he's on form to be honest.

He was my FM13 legend, agreed with ya though, wherever he ends up he'll be a good buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Always thought it was a serious waste for someone of eto'o class playing out there. Hopefully he comes back to a main European league

Yeah he wasn't that old when he moved either(30 I think?) and he was still banging them in at Inter. Could definitely do a job for someone decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

So will Berlusconi.........oh wait he already has. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Unless Abrahmovic and the Arabs are heavily leveraged into Potash the mental money will keep flowing in Western Europe.

Zico wrote: »
    Unless Abrahmovic and the Arabs are heavily leveraged into Potash the mental money will keep flowing in Western Europe.

Let the good times roll. :D

I find it hard to have any sympathy for Zenazi St. Petersburg to be perfectly honest...

We were discussing the player, not the club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sure they'll find it next to impossible to off load these lads, they're probably on huge wages for agreeing to go there in the first place. They'll obviously have a contract signed so the players won't just leave because the owner wants them too, especially not Eto'o, heard he's on over €200,000 a week :eek: No other club would pay him that much, he's there for the long haul.

GTR63 wrote: »
    So will Berlusconi.........oh wait he already has. :o

He's still loaded, he's just a tight Auld git now :-P

THFC wrote: »
    Sure they'll find it next to impossible to off load these lads, they're probably on huge wages for agreeing to go there in the first place. They'll obviously have a contract signed so the players won't just leave because the owner wants them too, especially not Eto'o, heard he's on over €200,000 a week :eek: No other club would pay him that much, he's there for the long haul.

I see China or mls in Eto'o's future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I see China or mls in Eto'o's future.
    Or the middle-east even. Can't see him back in Europe anyway! And I don't blame him in the slightest. He should take every penny he can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Scoff all we want, but this could happen to any of the sugardaddy owned teams any day. Bad ownership model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The difference between Anzhi and some other sugar daddy clubs is that they were hardly likely to gather international fans to grow their fanbase, unlikely to become much of prospect for selling merchandise and attracting visitors to the stadium etc.

It always was a project about local or regional pride, at least robbing roman had the sense to launder his money abroad, he had better sense than to try and turn Siberia FC into world beaters. The arabs are trying to project their power into Europe, clubs are merchanding and PR opportunities for them. They have to do something to make themselves appear modern, relevant and successful to counter some of the other bad press that comes out of the region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He's still loaded, he's just a tight Auld git now :-P

Tight like the women he pays for ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I am pie wrote: »
    The difference between Anzhi and some other sugar daddy clubs is that they were hardly likely to gather international fans to grow their fanbase, unlikely to become much of prospect for selling merchandise and attracting visitors to the stadium etc.

It always was a project about local or regional pride, at least robbing roman had the sense to launder his money abroad, he had better sense than to try and turn Siberia FC into world beaters. The arabs are trying to project their power into Europe, clubs are merchanding and PR opportunities for them. They have to do something to make themselves appear modern, relevant and successful to counter some of the other bad press that comes out of the region.

There probably still comes a point when it ceases to be worthwhile.

Advertisement