Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The good jumper

• 07-08-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Oh no, oh no, his mother/brother/gf/dog will be so so angry

Forget about whatever latest multibilion lottery winner, by now ye must all be buzzin about the whereabouts of the owner of the lost good jumper from Roscommon:confused: (I dunno, think it's somewhere north of the Shannon, (a river somewhere west of Athlone (a town somewhere in the middle of Ireland)))

I can only assume it's of such shame inducing shame to admit you dont know the location of your good jumper :eek:, your second most itchy garment, that boards is admirably conspiring to protect this poor misfortunate and keep the whole sorry story hush hush until the owner can quietly retreive and closet mammys birthday present before she finds out.

I fondly remember my own thick powder-drinking-cholcolate-brown with cream zigzags woolen creation and it's warm stranglehold around my skinny neck while simultaneously providing me with hours of comfort itching about my ares.

What is it about this most colloquial of costumes that helps you spot your fellow geansai wearing paddy from afar, whether it be on Bondai beach or the depths of the Sahara.:cool:
    Do you think its a bit like a flag you can wear, with pride?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

This is all over a "good" jumper..??

Ah come on - Theres gotta be better news than that..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

wil wrote: »
    ........ from Roscommon:confused: (I dunno, think it's somewhere north of the Shannon, (a river somewhere west of Athlone (a town somewhere in the middle of Ireland)))

Such witty hilarity.

I bet you have the whole family in stitches around the dinner table every evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I just woke up and can't think of any good puns, **** it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Arkle was a good jumper.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Was it a good golfing jumper by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am kinda proud of my almost 70 yr old mum. I posted the tweet on my fb page and she commented "wheres me jumper" .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Lapin wrote: »
    Such witty hilarity.

I bet you have the whole family in stitches around the dinner table every evening.
    Sorry, didn't realise I'd touched on some delicate sensitivities. In a thread on the heady topic of jumpers, in a forum almost entirely comprising of bad jokes, I really should try to avoid any form of poor wit in case it should offend the offended. Feel free to remind me again if I transgress:).

As for the kitchen table, simple answer, no, conversation usually turns to "knitting*" or something a little less light:( (inappropriate for AH)

Anyway delighted to report some good news, the jumper found its owner, all is well again in the long lived centre of Ireland :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement