Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract issues

• 07-08-2013 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I signed up to Eircom broadband a few months ago, much to my regret. From start to finish it has been a disaster. I live in Cork city centre, but the internet didn't work properly from day 1. In any given day intermittent broadband was all I could hope for. I obviously contacted Eircom 'technical support.' They sent out one engineer after another. I had roughly six visits from different engineers. In the end two technicians were sent out with these devices that would pick up interference and disturbance to the signal. They were unable to rectify the problem. After many phone calls, during which I had to endure listening to music, while on hold, the broadband was cancelled. Eircom admitted there was nothing they could do to provide a proper internet service. Now I am faced with the prospect of ending my landline contract, with Eircom demanding 600 euro for terminating the contract. As well as this, I have bills for the Eicom landline service, which I only installed so that I could avail of their internet service. When I ring Eircom's customer service line, I am directed and redirected from person to person, in various departments. It seems like they don't want to listen to me, or deal with my issues.

Advertisement