Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

If she is half the man her father was, she will be twice the man Ryan tubridy is.
    I like her they should give her the late late show we are well over due a female presenter

Please be trolling :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Lottie isn't the worst, to be fair.

If she is half the man her father was, she will be twice the man Ryan tubridy is.
    I like her they should give her the late late show we are well over due a female presenter
    Think mother of 18 is lined up for that job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Think mother of 18 is lined up for that job.

No she is getting Maura and dathis day time slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The accent is absolutely unbearable.

It's like someone taking the mick out of D4 heads and doing a really exaggerated version of a stereotypical southside "rindibite" accent.

exhibit A: 55seconds in she's going for a "mao-sey ariand" (mosie around?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5S5_pPYnqM&t=342s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I would rather her over jen getting her own show on 2fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Ahwell

It would appear that the listening figures disprove your research.

When Lottie presented the early-morning weekend show on 2fm she had the grand total of 1000 listeners. For that stellar performance she was inexplicably promoted to the Breakfast Republic. Any listeners that show has are despite Lottie, not because of her.

She inherited Gerry's superstar agent and has been handed a career by RTE out of some sense of obligation to her late father. The whole thing stinks. This level of nepotism is something a national broadcaster should be exposing, not something it should be guilty of itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Gerry Ryan is 9 years dead this week. That's a long time for any perceived "guilt" from RTE to be kept going. We all know RTE is nepotism central but if the relative is good at what they do, it's not so bad. I wasn't the biggest fan of her father's but he was a talented broadcaster who had a good radio voice and didn't possess an accent that grated on people. She doesn't have those attributes and wouldn't get a job on local radio if it wasn't for that connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Guys ye need to get over it.

Ahwell wrote: »
    It would appear that the listening figures disprove your research.

When Lottie presented the early-morning weekend on show 2fm she had the grand total of 1000 listeners. For that stellar performance she was inexplicably promoted to the Breakfast Republic. Any listeners that show has are despite Lottie, not because of her.

She inherited her Gerry's superstar agent and has been handed a career by RTE out of some sense of obligation to her late father. The whole thing stinks. This level of nepotism is something a national broadcaster should be exposing. not something it should be guilty of itself.
    Who is the agent ??

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I used to listed to the breakfast show in the morning and she was on it more and more, so I don't listen to it anymore and never will again till she is gone!

Can't stand her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

galwayllm wrote: »
    I used to listed to the breakfast show in the morning and she was on it more and more, so I don't listen to it anymore and never will again till she is gone!

Can't stand her!

Always listened to it. Put up with her for the maternity leave but now she's a permanent fixture I've switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scrawnyass

She is painful to anyone outside of D4.I have nothing against her personally.Had to listen to her at work,but its got to the stage where I cant listen to her anymore.Shes a morph of D4 and California. Inane conversations about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Actually don't mind her anymore ,there's alot worse on 2fm. She is probably the least annoying of the 3 on the breakfast programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scrawnyass

Jamemid wrote: »
    Actually don't mind her anymore ,there's alot worse on 2fm. She is probably the least annoying of the 3 on the breakfast programme.
    To be honest Id prefer if it was all music with small intervals for the likes of noni on today fm. Theres too much ****e being spouted by presenters on radio these days. Theyre all talking scutter at the end of the day.Kim kardashian etc?? Who wants to listen to that?When Im in the car I have my playlist but when Im at work I've to listen to these **** talking out of their h***.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Ffs. Says it all. I understand quite a lot now after looking through that list. Thanks.

He has all the "Stars"
    No twink though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ffs. Says it all. I understand quite a lot now after looking through that list. Thanks.

Ha ha that explains so much.
    Baz is on RTE today talking about how Gerry Ryan took him under his wing.
    Keeping it all tightly knit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flos1964

Ffs....what a shower of ...Jesus Christ this celebrity thing is out of control....except for the vet...lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

razorblunt wrote:
    Ha ha that explains so much. Baz is on RTE today talking about how Gerry Ryan took him under his wing. Keeping it all tightly knit together.

A genuine question. Was the use if illegal drugs by Ryan ever mentioned.

• Advertisement

TCM wrote: »

Yes after two drug dealers were shot in clontarf after a Phil Collins concert, he came on the radio and blasted everyone who bought drugs they were all responsibile for every murder.
    Obviously wasn't talking about himself though just normal people

She definite has the looks for presenting on radio.

She definite has the looks for presenting on radio.

Don't be so mean, I think she is very handsome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I used to like Breakfast Republic as a good background foil to my morning commute. But since Lottie arrived (and somehow took over from Keith as lead DJ), I've been listening less and less. Her voice wrecks my head and that shooting (pew-pew) thing she does when getting a question right on smarty pants is beyond annoying!

Of course, I could just switch over to something else and not listen to her at all.....but then I'd have nothing to give out about!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I’ve stopped listening since she became a permanent fixture. I can’t put my finger on why but I just get irrationally annoyed listening to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I used to like Breakfast Republic as a good background foil to my morning commute. But since Lottie arrived (and somehow took over from Keith as lead DJ), I've been listening less and less. Her voice wrecks my head and that shooting (pew-pew) thing she does when getting a question right on smarty pants is beyond annoying!

Of course, I could just switch over to something else and not listen to her at all.....but then I'd have nothing to give out about!:)

Unfortunately I say giving her that lead DJ gig was the plan as soon as her father passed away. Whether she earned it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

TCM wrote: »

In the Baz article? No.
    Interestingly the headline has been changed from "Gerry Ryan took me under his wing" to something about his Mam now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

razorblunt wrote: »
    In the Baz article? No.
    Interestingly the headline has been changed from "Gerry Ryan took me under his wing" to something about his Mam now.
    the clown has to use his elderly mother as a prop for his own failed career.

Mod Note

Post edited.
    Don't make serious allegations about individuals on this forum, for your own sake as much as anyone else's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

kravmaga wrote: »

“people will be looking over at me in traffic”

she’s actually deluded

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement