Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I neither like Lottie nor dislike her.

Don't be so mean, I think she is very handsome

like the way that you'd say a horse is handsome?

a face for radio and a voice for the mute button.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

glasso wrote: »
    like the way that you'd say a horse is handsome?

a face for radio and a voice for the mute button.

No in my day, good looking women were called handsome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Taking aside the fact that I don't think she has any discernible talent whatsoever, she wouldn't be able to cope in an ordinary job not connected to RTE or her father. She is a great example of nepotism as there are tonnes of more talented people out there who could do a much better job than her.

Out of interest has Lottie Ryan ever had a job that WASNT in RTE or that her daddy had no part in getting? Genuinely curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Taking aside the fact that I don't think she has any discernible talent whatsoever, she wouldn't be able to cope in an ordinary job not connected to RTE or her father. She is a great example of nepotism as there are tonnes of more talented people out there who could do a much better job than her.

Out of interest has Lottie Ryan ever had a job that WASNT in RTE or that her daddy had no part in getting? Genuinely curious.

Just because she isn't conventionally talented doesn't mean that she shouldn't be on the radio. She is Gerry Ryan's daughter after all.

• Advertisement

Just because she isn't conventionally talented doesn't mean that she shouldn't be on the radio. She is Gerry Ryan's daughter after all.

Ha ha good one. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

[QUOTE=Wanderer2010;110072207

Just because she isn't conventionally talented doesn't mean that she shouldn't be on the radio. She is Gerry Ryan's daughter after all.[/quote]

If she started her career away from Rte maybe some local radio station and built her career and honed her skills people might have more respect for her rather. I’d imagine she’s on a pretty tax payers penny aswell. Has Lottie ever said what her salary is?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,586 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When will she be given a major RTE tv role where she replaces Jennifer Pirelli-Semperit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I think she worked in the states for awhile on greys anatomy tv set

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I don't know why she comes in for such a hard time of it tbh. There's far more irritating people working on that radio station. And a fair smattering of them on today fm too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

cena wrote: »
    I think she worked in the states for awhile on greys anatomy tv set

Unpaid internship I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

If she started her career away from Rte maybe some local radio station and built her career and honed her skills people might have more respect for her rather. I’d imagine she’s on a pretty tax payers penny aswell. Has Lottie ever said what her salary is?

She's on about €140K. But some people would say that she is well worth it.
    If she had come in from outside RTE there is a possibility that she would never have been regarded as good enough to be on the radio at all; then she would never have had the opportunity to be a celebrity who is very well paid for very little work. Would that have been fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoife2017

I wouldn’t agree that she would have had the opportunity to be a “celebrity” had she not gone into the radio slot. It would appear that at least one of her siblings has tried to go down that route as an influencer with no real success (unless you count the Sunday Independent’s multiple articles).

But even if she was the second coming in radio dj’s, €140k (if that’s correct) is crazy money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Knockers everywhere, give her a break he trying to build up a career in radio and media the hard way.
    It's not like the nepotism Ryan tubridy enjoyed

well, breakfast republic is gone. What does this mean for Lottie.

Knockers everywhere, give her a break he trying to build up a career in radio and media the hard way.
    It's not like the nepotism Ryan tubridy enjoyed

Exactly. It's not her fault she's on in the morning with the single 3 most irritating people in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

I thought her early breakfast show was okay. She seems more bearable when she is solo.

jvan wrote: »
    I thought her early breakfast show was okay. She seems more bearable when she is solo.

Yes I used to enjoy the solo morning show when I was driving to Dublin from Galway for ice hockey practice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

jvan wrote: »

Ya me too that Keith is a total arsehole with his boring dreary voice..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Back to being an entertainment correspondent for 2fm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Probably be given some exciting title like "entertainment editor" or "head of goss" or the like.

She should be fired and told straight out "there is no position available here for you". Imagine her working in a local radio station on a fraction of her current wage and none of Daddys contacts, she wouldn't last a second. 140k ffs that's criminal money to be on for what she does. And no im not only saying it about her, all of the RTE stars are on way too much money but it still doesn't change the fact that were it not for Gerry she wouldn't have gotten so much of a look in and the girl seems content to stay in RTE forever.

Shes very unambitious to not want to spread her wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

where has the €140k figure come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

If I was earning 140k a year, I'd not want to spread my wings either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I see its just been announced her Sister is getting some time on expose on virgin.

So shes either gotten the role on merit as virgin is beyond the reach of the nepotism of rte or else its more of a closed circle small Dublin industry thing? hopefully the former

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I see its just been announced her Sister is getting some time on expose on virgin.

So shes either gotten the role on merit as virgin is beyond the reach of the nepotism of rte or else its more of a closed circle small Dublin industry thing? hopefully the former

I'd say they're hoping she'll draw in some of the audience she has as an influencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Adele Plain Duet

I'd say they're hoping she'll draw in some of the audience she has as an influencer.
    Their viewership will increase by 4

Hell if I had a permanent/untouchable job for 50grand a year id hardly move now

WTF is this 'influencer' crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Adele Plain Duet

WTF is this 'influencer' crap?

mostly attractive girls(seeing fellas now doing it as well) on instragram shilling stuff in hope to get free haircuts/make up/other **** by doing insta posts saying how great the insert product is and blabbing every little thing they do, thinking we care its one of their 50 bff's birthday or a waiter didn't go over the top for them......vacuous dopes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Their viewership will increase by 4

Hell if I had a permanent/untouchable job for 50grand a year id hardly move now

So double their audience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement