Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Ahwell

All I need, please, is for someone to give me the proof. Until then I will take her at her word.

https://vipmagazine.ie/lottie-ryan-hits-back-at-the-haters-i-didnt-get-my-job-because-of-my-dad/

Lottie Ryan hits back at the haters: “I didn’t get my job because of my Dad”
    The 2fm star says she got by on her own merits

I don't know who is being more naive, you or Lottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Lottie & rte forever talking about how she works in a studio that was named after her father is........

Can you attach them links? I could do with a laugh.

You deserve that misery for always listening to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Ahwell wrote: »
    I don't know who is being more naive, you or Lottie.

“I know people might think that it might be easier for me, but it might have been a lot harder for me in a lot of ways as well”

Imagine how hard she’d have found it at any other radio station. Hypocrisy & Naivety at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And what are RTE paying this millionaire with our money?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

And what are RTE paying this millionaire with our money?

Dont think it's been released and anecdotally from the thread it doesn't seem to be the eye watering amounts of other staff. But its regular money for old rope all the same !

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Dont think it's been released and anecdotally from the thread it doesn't seem to be the eye watering amounts of other staff. But its regular money for old rope all the same !

I’d imagine she’s in joint 11th place, they only release the top 10 earners

Lottie Ryan hits back at the haters: “I didn’t get my job because of my Dad”

Imagine thinking of yourself that highly. Another rotten to the core RTE employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Years ago I worked with someone who went to the same private university as her (Griffith College, I think). He mentioned that in the final year, there was an assignment where you had to interview and write about a well-known local figure. Standard stuff - in my course I interviewed a local politician. My former colleague told me he did the same, but informed me that Lottie apparently interviewed Bono :D

No nepotism there, obviously. Just strong journalism instincts to figure Bono would be a good choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Most likely she was helped by RTÉ more than others, their are plenty of RTÉ voices with more experience and they’ve only managed to get into continuity!

Lottie was give opportunity across the board on RTÉ over the years.

I don’t think she should be criticized because her father died and she ended up in the company that employed him but RTÉ are filled with families.

I can’t see her getting a regular peak time slot, much like tub’s 5 years in Jerry’s slot while he became RTÉ most un-bankable star. Best move him back to Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

For anyone defending Lottie, please listen to her for 30 mins and then comeback. She must be filling in for Jen as she was on this morning. I listened to about 1 minute when she was interviewing some podcast people or something

It was awful, absolute cringe fest, I think even the two guys she was interviewing wanted it to stop

That is the basic of radio, having the ability to have a conversation and she couldn’t handle it....the constant giggling like a 16 year old doesn’t help, she is nearly 40

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Most likely she was helped by RTÉ more than others, their are plenty of RTÉ voices with more experience and they’ve only managed to get into continuity!

Lottie was give opportunity across the board on RTÉ over the years.

I don’t think she should be criticized because her father died and she ended up in the company that employed him but RTÉ are filled with families.

I can’t see her getting a regular peak time slot, much like tub’s 5 years in Jerry’s slot while he became RTÉ most un-bankable star. Best move him back to Radio 1.

Agreed its not her fault at all and she seems like a nice girl. I wouldn't blame her for applying for the job or accepting it. It's the hiring policy of rte who foster this nepotism culture that is to blame. Her situation is just a symptom of what's going on at rte.

Who knows what the nepotism story is with the people who aren't in front of the camera.

Edit: on reflection the above is assuming that there ever was an open competition for her contract in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭6o9fv7jpreb180

Tried listening today for a few minutes with an open mind.. section on horoscopes... every time she finished a sentence, i could hear her inhaling (more like wheezing) through her mouth.. her questioning was terrible IMO.. had to switch station after about 3 minutes..

Hopefully the BBC or ITV dont want to steal her from RTE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

PieOhMy wrote: »

Who knows what the nepotism story is with the people who aren't in front of the camera.

That's what I was asking.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    For anyone defending Lottie, please listen to her for 30 mins and then comeback. She must be filling in for Jen as she was on this morning. I listened to about 1 minute when she was interviewing some podcast people or something

It was awful, absolute cringe fest, I think even the two guys she was interviewing wanted it to stop

That is the basic of radio, having the ability to have a conversation and she couldn’t handle it....the constant giggling like a 16 year old doesn’t help, she is nearly 40

Giggling like a 16 year old while talking across her guest and the forced hysterical fake laugh

Sorry I don't follow, as in you were wondering how many other non-presenter staff in rte may have been hired as a result of nepotism? I'd like to know that myself anways!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The De Courcy sisters one was head of children’s & the other is currently executive producer of Fair City.

Tried listening today for a few minutes with an open mind.. section on horoscopes... every time she finished a sentence, i could hear her inhaling (more like wheezing) through her mouth.. her questioning was terrible IMO.. had to switch station after about 3 minutes..

Hopefully the BBC or ITV dont want to steal her from RTE!!

No matter how many times RTE tell us it is clear BBC or ITV do not want any of the “stars”. If they did they would be able to hire them in the morning

Imagine how the interview went (if there was one).

What qualifications do you have Ms. Ryan for hosting a prime time radio show on the national broadcaster?

Lottie: You know those 30 second sound bites on what the Kardashians are up to or dancing with the stars gossip and what's happening on Emmerdale Farm...

...MY DAD IS GERRY RYAN!

"hired"

Lottie should cut her ties with RTE and try cut it with an independent radio station. It’s the only way to stop all this and prove all the nay sayers wrong

Lottie should cut her ties with RTE and try cut it with an independent radio station. It’s the only way to stop all this and prove all the nay sayers wrong

You will be waiting a long time for that to happen, the only gravy train will need to stop first

• Advertisement

Samantha Barry : Not hired
    Lottie Ryan : Hired

Of course Lottie you got hired on your own merits

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How much is she on?

I have heard between 80-140k a year, I don't know where I heard this it might have even been on this thread. Scandalous money, but she definitely deserves and obtained this salary through her own hard work grit and determination. Lottie doesn't understand the meaning of nepotism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Lottie's uncle also works in RTE Radio - Mike Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Years ago I worked with someone who went to the same private university as her (Griffith College, I think). He mentioned that in the final year, there was an assignment where you had to interview and write about a well-known local figure. Standard stuff - in my course I interviewed a local politician. My former colleague told me he did the same, but informed me that Lottie apparently interviewed Bono :D

No nepotism there, obviously. Just strong journalism instincts to figure Bono would be a good choice!

Private college...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Lottie's uncle also works in RTE Radio - Mike Ryan.

Nephew of a former chair of the Radio Éireann Authority, Eamonn Andrews. Who was also Gerry's Godfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

This thread has been running for 7 years and has hundreds of posts consisting of angry and, sorry now, vapid nonsense about the most superficial characteristics of a minor reporter on 2fm. Many of us won't even have heard her speaking, because that's not our area of interest so we just leave it alone. Like a normal adult.

But ultimately the standards of this forum are down to the users. People might not believe it, but mods don't just go around taking down things we don't like. If someone reports that a conversation is going too far, or if people show concerns about the direction of a thread, that will have to be looked at. There's also absolutely no rule against stepping in and telling someone when they've crossed a line. The tone of this place is up to all of us as individual users to use or common sense, and as you've seen youraelf, there's a wide spectrum. I'll stop there.

How come duffy, tubridy and darcy are fair game for harsh comments?????
    Why does she need defending by the mods?

Some of the posts in this thread are spot on, and just because you disagree, it's not vapid nonsense!!!!
    I'm sick of your nonsense!

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    How come duffy, tubridy and darcy are fair game for harsh comments?????
    Why does she need defending by the mods?

Some of the posts in this thread are spot on, and just because you disagree, it's not vapid nonsense!!!!
    I'm sick of your nonsense!
    Ok. Anyway dont worry Lottie is still "fare game" for grown men to lampoon on the internet. I was simply agreeing with another poster that it seems over the top, and ...actually no, I'm simply not going to rephrase a perfectly clear previous post. If you disagree so be it.

I am, however, conscious from other comments that the Radio forum shouldn't be seen as a toxic, angry place. That's my only concern, and I'm sure many of us who use the forum would feel similarly. But, all sides can be heard and give their views.

Ok. Anyway dont worry Lottie is still "fare game" for grown men to lampoon on the internet. I was simply agreeing with another poster that it seems over the top, and ...actually no, I'm simply not going to rephrase a perfectly clear previous post. If you disagree so be it.

I am, however, conscious from other comments that the Radio forum shouldn't be seen as a toxic, angry place. That's my only concern, and I'm sure many of us who use the forum would feel similarly. But, all sides can be heard and give their views.

Im a female, can you change your sexist comment, more is expected from a moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Can the grown men And grown women on the radio Forum have an opinion on a grown woman???
    Is that allowed?

You don't have rephrase anything, I know it was clear and I definitely disagree with you.

I don't find the radio forum a toxic or angry place. It's actually hilarious and rather enjoyable.

Delighted all sides will be heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

It is the RTE jetset who get criticised the most on this forum and rightly so. Tubridy, Darcy, Duffy, Lottie, Eoghan McDermott etc. None of them are worth their hefty pay packets out of the public purse. Most of the private sector DJs avoid criticism because we are not paying for them. Other RTE DJs (Jenny Greene, Ronan Collins, John Creedon etc) avoid the ire of posters because they are competent/likeable. Ray Darcy is stealing a living for example, hard to argue with that. Eoghan McDermott is a PC bore who comes across as preachy and unpleasant. I would actually say that Lottie isnt a bad person but has little discernable broadcasting talent and was lucky to have connections in RTE, to put it mildly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement