Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

flazio wrote: »
    Look this is going around in circles. If you are serious about putting her on the dole queue then build a case against her. Send upholdable complaints to RTÉ and the BAC. Highlight to opposition TDs how many complaints she's receiving through official channels and force the conversation.
    Fishing for thanks in a boards thread won't do jack.

Why would anyone be fishing for Thanks? Do you get paid for thanks?

It’s a discussion on a discussion forum. If you shut down every discussion then no boards

What exactly are you going to complain about? Everyone can see she is terrible at her job. 2FM can see she is terrible at her job or they would have given her a full time slot. So complaining to tell them she is terrible will do what exactly?

They would probably have her on a Late Late special about hate mail and internet trolls, totally ignoring the fact she is useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have no idea what college she went to....

It's mentioned in the thread a few pages back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No, I steadfastly refuse to believe she is unsackable.
    How about a public boycott of any product or service that sponsors a 2FM programme she's involved with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

No, I steadfastly refuse to believe she is unsackable.
    How about a public boycott of any product or service that sponsors a 2FM programme she's involved with?

I think Rte will just ask the government to provide the cash to cover the shortfall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I think Rte will just ask the government to provide the cash to cover the shortfall?
    I think the voting majority will let them know what they think if the government goes ahead with that.

• Advertisement

I think the voting majority will let them know what they think if the government goes ahead with that.

Me too, I intend to anyways, hope others do too.

Mod Note

This thread is going nowhere. You guys have been repeating the same statements for seven years, and occasionally quoting articles from gossip magazines.

It is the only thread on the Radio forum that never discusses radio content. This is a radio forum.

From now on, anybody who consistently posts about Lottie Ryan without OCCASIONALLY showing evidence of actually listening to her programme, will be asked to leave this thread.

You can still post about Lottie Ryan as a public figure, but at least put some occasional references to the show here.

–Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Lottie was setting feminism years when she was talking about the tampon add

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Great show. Love listening in everyday!!!!!

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Great show. Love listening in everyday!!!!!

What show?

• Advertisement

What show?

Jennifer's show, that lottie Ryan is covering.
    3 hours of nonstop entertainment!!!!!!!

A post was just deleted there...
    This is bonkers!!!!!!!!

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Jennifer's show, that lottie Ryan is covering.
    3 hours of nonstop entertainment!!!!!!!

But she is only covering, you said you listen in everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

But she is only covering, you said you listen in everyday

It’s a joke based on the mod note? I laughed.

I listened the other day and she was fine. Sounded a bit unprepared for newsy bits, like she wasn’t sure on what she was going to say going into the link, but that happens to most people at some point probably.

She was okay as well for the bits I heard today. Prefer her to Chris & Ciara as any link I’ve heard from them is dull and mainly Chris talking. I get that he’s the anchor but Ciara feels a bit more like an assistant than co-presenter.

Anyway, if I was Lottie at this point, I feel like I’d be working 100% all the time to make every link great, just to prove myself after so long of doing cover. Maybe she wants to stay in entertainment news and doesn’t want to present full-time though!

It’s a joke based on the mod note? I laughed.

I listened the other day and she was fine. Sounded a bit unprepared for newsy bits, like she wasn’t sure on what she was going to say going into the link, but that happens to most people at some point probably.

She was okay as well for the bits I heard today. Prefer her to Chris & Ciara as any link I’ve heard from them is dull and mainly Chris talking. I get that he’s the anchor but Ciara feels a bit more like an assistant than co-presenter.

Anyway, if I was Lottie at this point, I feel like I’d be working 100% all the time to make every link great, just to prove myself after so long of doing cover. Maybe she wants to stay in entertainment news and doesn’t want to present full-time though!

Entertainment news should be a young presenter learning the ropes, work experience type role

Not a woman in her mid 30s who isn’t good enough to hold down her own slot. She is in covering a slot which is all about interviewing people, something another Ryan was famous for, she is not capable of interviewing people so she shouldn’t be in the slot

Had a segment about recyclable fashion but all talked/giggled about was how great she was from giving her younger sisters her hand me downs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

I tried to listen to Lottie after all the talk here .

Don’t like her accent / don’t like her material.

Guess what ? .. I don’t listen anymore . Problem solved.

And this nonsense about her getting a job because of her dad ?? Like .. who gives a sh/it??

Everyone takes whatever opportunities they can to get ahead.
    Absolute begrudgers!!!!

Don’t like ?? Don’t listen.....
    no need to get so wound up !!!

Maybe get another hobby ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If you get an opportunity you should take, the problem lies with the people giving you the opportunity.... and then the begrudgers :)

doughef wrote: »

And this nonsense about her getting a job because of her dad ?? Like .. who gives a sh/it??

Absolute begrudgers!!!!

?

What when they Constantly fall flat and are still given opportunity after opportunity adhead of more talented, more deserving, qualified people?

What when they Constantly fall flat and are still given opportunity after opportunity adhead of more talented, more deserving, qualified people?

I’d probably just look at my own life - try see why I’m so angry over something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with me ...

But that’s just me

• Advertisement

I’d probably just look at my own life - try see why I’m so angry over something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with me ...

But that’s just me

As long as the flock are happy to accept elitism & nepotism the status co will remain. Rte is a mess and should be challenged

I tried to listen to Lottie after all the talk here .

Don’t like her accent / don’t like her material.

Guess what ? .. I don’t listen anymore . Problem solved.

Absolute begrudgers!!!!

Don’t like ?? Don’t listen.....
    no need to get so wound up !!!

Maybe get another hobby ?

Bregrudgers should change the station!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

As long as the flock are happy to accept elitism & nepotism the status co will remain. Rte is a mess and should be challenged

I had a look at the current list of presenters, as I never listen to the station. The only name I recognise is Dave Fanning. On that basis I am going to say that the so called nepotism in RTE does not extend into 2 FM. The claim of nepotism in the Lottie Ryan case has not been proved on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I had a look at the current list of presenters, as I never listen to the station. The only name I recognise is Dave Fanning. On that basis I am going to say that the so called nepotism in RTE does not extend into 2 FM. The claim of nepotism in the Lottie Ryan case has not been proved on this thread.

I have some magic beans I’ve been trying to sell for a while. Are you interested?

Flock ??
    You need a rest I’d say

2FM isn’t for me anymore / I don’t listen to it.
    RTE is a fine public servant. You can see when they are needed they really step up .
    Obvious example is the pandemic.

Most people were glued to the news for updates / government briefings etc .

2FM is sh/it - I’d agree ....

But don’t bitch about RTE because you have unrequited feelings for Lottie ...

#findanotherhobby

Flock ??
    You need a rest I’d say

2FM isn’t for me anymore / I don’t listen to it.
    RTE is a fine public servant. You can see when they are needed they really step up .
    Obvious example is the pandemic.

Most people were glued to the news for updates / government briefings etc .

2FM is sh/it - I’d agree ....

But don’t bitch about RTE because you have unrequited feelings for Lottie ...

#findanotherhobby

Listen to lottie for the rest of the week and come back let us know if she’s doing a good job. Remember now she’s been at the station for a long long time so your not comparing her to a newbie and if ya come back and tell us she’s there on merit I’ll too sell you some magic beans

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Bregrudgers should change the station!

The thing is the taxpayer is paying for the national broadcaster so we have every right to shine a light on the nepotism. When it happens in public service it is something to be concerned about, and believe me it does happen in the public service. I have seen it first hand.

The thing is the taxpayer is paying for the national broadcaster so we have every right to shine a light on the nepotism. When it happens in public service it is something to be concerned about, and believe me it does happen in the public service. I have seen it first hand.

I'm just pulling the pistachio nuts, I posted last week about the weak "typical Irish begrudgery" and "why don't you change the station" posts. Can include "it only costs you a few cent / euro out of the licence fee" posts with those too.

Maybe we could have a thread for posters to make these 3 points and also for people to complain about people complaining about RTE (not seeing their own hypocrisy)?

Or maybe somewhere to catalogue/discuss rte nepotism outside of the threads on that actual show ?

Nepotism is a serious issue as it cheats people out of deserved roles they should have gotten on merit and it is also wrong in the sense that the taxpayer is funding it. If I see things that bother me on private channels I.e boards, newstalk, bbc etc it doesnt bother me as much as I am not funding it so I dont feel a need to highlight it.

Listen to lottie for the rest of the week and come back let us know if she’s doing a good job. Remember now she’s been at the station for a long long time so your not comparing her to a newbie and if ya come back and tell us she’s there on merit I’ll too sell you some magic beans

As I said - I don’t and won’t listen to her .

Not my cup of tea.

Life’s easier that way.

I never said anything about her being there on merit. I simply don’t care.

Maybe you should trade your magic beans (you seem to have loads) for some anti anxiety meds.

• Advertisement

As I said - I don’t and won’t listen to her .

Not my cup of tea.

Life’s easier that way.

I never said anything about her being there on merit. I simply don’t care.

Maybe you should trade your magic beans (you seem to have loads) for some anti anxiety meds.

So if you don’t and won’t listen to her why are you posting on a Lottie Ryan thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement