Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

3rd segment. After teasing us for 20 minutes we finally get this 'juicy celeb gossip' re noel G and Rhianna. Lottie proceeds to read an internet report how Gallagher is surprised and angry about the fact Rhianna has a big entourage. Lottie gives her own input saying that rhiannas lifestyle is crazy. Interesting view Lottie. We are then promised MORE celeb gossip, this time re one direction. Lottie , the gift that keeps giving!

As promised, after another 2 crap songs, Lottie delivers her celeb gossip, like Pat Mustard delivers milk on a crisp craggy island morning. This 'gossip' is tinged with sadness. It seems liam from 1D had a fire on his patio :-( no doubt this gossip hasnt been on every newspaper and internet blog. Great exclusive Lottie. COMING UP MORE CELEB GOSSIP!!! Wow, this , just , wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Her accent seriously grates on my nerves... I can't listen to it for longer than a couple of minutes without having to switch over. Needless to say I'm not tuning this morning.

Aw, Lottie has a soft side. Her next 'straight off the press' segment of gossip is about Gwyneth partlows post natal depression. Lottie informs us that celebs are humans also and that they suffer also. Is that a subtle hint world. This 'celeb' dj may have feelings also. How emotional , Lottie. :'(

Oh and coming up, something different. CELEB GOSSIP. Eh, but this is silly gossip about arnold schwarzeneger.

• Advertisement

Lottie tells us all about arnold schwarzeneger. I mean she tells us who he is, where he came from, his movies and his governer years. I must admit i had never heard about him so thanks Lottie. . . . . . . . . . . . THEN, sad news, lotties google has obviously gone down and she calls a halt to her 'celeb gossip segment' or her ten celeb gossip segments. Sad moment. Coming up, texts from people. Yeahy. People that send in texts are rivetting. I mean, you remember them for ever. Great talking points in the pub for tonight. Oh lottie, you are excelling today. . .

Controversial text. Lottie is challenged about a comment she made regarding arnie. I mean, how petty. If you have a problem with lovely lottie, at least build a solid argument. Lottie 1 texter 0. And then lottie gives us not 1, not 2 , but 3 Texts . Theres a birthday, a wedding anniversary and a random one about a kid going to croke park. They'll be talking about those texts all day. Ive just noticed, they are playing ZERO ads this hour. Hmmm, imagine ringing 2fm and demanding your ad be heard during lotties show!! Tells its own story, doesnt it.

In her final segment Dj Gossip reads 2 more texts. She then tells us, brace yourself, she WONT be here next week :'( BUT she will be back the week after.

That was an hour, ill never get back. In future years, her shows will be re dug up and used in torture chambers. I need a disprin or ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listened to the last forty minutes. Clearly lottie had been reading Arnies wiki page and seemed to have not known about him being governor of California. She talked over the end of a song for some texts about Croke park and some under age final in Wicklow. She is not here next week(I know I've been away a lot says lottie), but that she is back the week after and not going anywhere for a while. I'm sure louise Mcsharry is trilled she gets a lie in on saturdays now.

• Advertisement

I think the country is thrilled they get a lie in on saturday now. Excruciating listening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Only one problem with all the posts you made about the 2fm breakfast this morning.

That was Not Lottie Ryan that was presenting this morning!

Face palm.

Yes it was. Face palm to you (whatever that means!)

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Yes it was. Face palm to you (whatever that means!)

The regular presenter was back this morning. Lottie will be filling in for her again next week.

If your going to give a two page critique of someone at least know who the presenter is!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Totes Mcgoats lioke !!

If it wasnt im very embarrased and i agree, poor form from me! Whoever it was, the same applies. Shocking radio. Apologies. In a meagre defence, i can offer I tuned in just after news and the girl had a strong accent similar to Lottie. And her style of this 'celeb gossip' cr@p misled me to think it was her. Thanks for clarifying

If it wasnt im very embarrased and i agree, poor form from me! Whoever it was, the same applies. Shocking radio. Apologies. In a meagre defence, i can offer I tuned in just after news and the girl had a strong accent similar to Lottie. And her style of this 'celeb gossip' cr@p misled me to think it was her. Thanks for clarifying

You'll know when lottie is on, she makes this mornings presenter sound like Seamus Heaney in comparison!

If it wasnt im very embarrased and i agree, poor form from me! Whoever it was, the same applies. Shocking radio. Apologies. In a meagre defence, i can offer I tuned in just after news and the girl had a strong accent similar to Lottie. And her style of this 'celeb gossip' cr@p misled me to think it was her. Thanks for clarifying. BRING BACK LOTTIE

As promised, after another 2 crap songs, Lottie delivers her celeb gossip, like Pat Mustard delivers milk on a crisp craggy island morning. This 'gossip' is tinged with sadness. It seems liam from 1D had a fire on his patio :-( no doubt this gossip hasnt been on every newspaper and internet blog. Great exclusive Lottie. COMING UP MORE CELEB GOSSIP!!! Wow, this , just , wow!

That wasn't a fire, it's called a Barbecue.

Can't move your head for the handbag swinging on here.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

If it wasnt im very embarrased and i agree, poor form from me! Whoever it was, the same applies. Shocking radio. Apologies. In a meagre defence, i can offer I tuned in just after news and the girl had a strong accent similar to Lottie. And her style of this 'celeb gossip' cr@p misled me to think it was her. Thanks for clarifying. BRING BACK LOTTIE

But McSharry grew up in the US.

Well listen to her accent. It was a southside Dublin accent. I amn't familiar with Mcsharry but she seems to have attended the same DJ prep school as Lottie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Well listen to her accent. It was a southside Dublin accent. I amn't familiar with Mcsharry but she seems to have attended the same DJ prep school as Lottie.

Here's an idea, if you don't like something don't listen? Newstalk have a help line at the moment teaching how to change the dial. Maybe give it a ring

And was it seriously a different presenter then the thread title? After all the running commentary... Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Think maybe this thread may outlast her radio career !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Great commentary from the OP:D classic "I feel your pain":D

@ eggonyourface, heres an idea. Understand the context of the thread. Its not that we are forced to listen to any of our national stations, its that we fund them, and hence have a voice in criticising how they are run and who they employ etc. Not that that voice is heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

@ eggonyourface, heres an idea. Understand the context of the thread. Its not that we are forced to listen to any of our national stations, its that we fund them, and hence have a voice in criticising how they are run and who they employ etc. Not that that voice is heard.

It should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I heard Lottie Ryan on 2FM last Saturday.

I was taken aback at how weak it was.

Let me be kind and say Lottie Ryan is not yet ready for national radio.

(I will keep my nasty comments for Ronan Collins and Marty Whelan - they've had over 30 years to learn to be proper radio DJs, and have never managed to become that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Well for Lottie's sake I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while but enough is enough. None of the following is intended as a personal attack but an attack on the neptotistic sham that constitutes our national broadcaster.

Might I remind people 2FM is being 'run' by new man Dan Healy. He began in June, its now September and patently obvious he hasnt a bulls notion what a radio station is, let alone how to programme one.

I mentioned at the news of his appointment my fears that he was merely a media salesman with next to no programming experience, my fears have alas come to fruition.

I think its exceptionally unfair in some respects to put a novice on national radio because it will draw criticism from quarters purely because 2FM is being funded in part by the tax payer. When the aforementioned novice is clearly totally unprepared and inexperienced to present a radio show it highlights the illogic even more.

Lottie would struggle on hospital radio, and thats actually doing a huge disservice to community / hospital radio. She is quite obviously reading her links. The links themselves are repetitive and totally lack personality. her delivery is monotone and its clear she's purely concerned with getting to the end of the link in one piece.

Lottie doesnt do herself any favours when she continually pronounces the names of artists incorrectly, in a recent instance she repeatedly said EmiliA Sande instead of Emilie , its one vowel, but if you get it wrong , it kind of robs you of any credibility. Lottie would need to go off do a brief course in radio presentation (I think Today fm are doing one in october arent they ?) and learn her craft gradually. In radio you need to clock up your air miles, unless you are a born natural, Lottie is not a natural. She needs to earn her spurs in community radio then local radio then maybe if she's lucky national.

Quite apart from the ludicrous nepotism on display here what disgusts me is Im paying for this sodding awful radio product!! If Lottie was a radio presenting genius Id have a bitter taste in my mouth because of the nepotism, but i might be placated by her 'must listen to', radio show. The fact Lottie's presentation skills make Energy FM sound like bbc radio 4 speaks volumes.

While BBC radio 1's Scott Mill's show are racking up 3million hits in 3 days for their live lounge performances 2FM are treating us with Baz and Lucy's replacement .. Lottie Ryan..

While Capital FM's Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdon are broadcasting live from vegas for the premier of Justin Timberlake's new movie which very nicely coincides with the Iheart radio music festival featuring some of the biggest music names in the world, 2FM treat us to Hector name checking goat herders and 'keeping her lit'.

2FM Ive said before is a national disgrace. If it was an independent commercial entity it would have died yaers ago. I thought John mc Mahon and John Clarke before him missed out on a gilt edged opportunity to make it relevant and it looks like Dan Healy will be guilty of more abject waste.

I challenge dan Healy to come on to this forum and justify Lottie's presence on the national airwaves at tax payers expense, I challenge Dan Healy to justify his continued employment of Gogan , Fanning , Clarke and Hayes .. I challenge him to spell out his roadmap for 2FM, what is its identity ? Who is the station aimed at ? For a salesman you arent selling it to me and believe me I appreciate good radio when I hear it whether I like the presenters / format / music or not.

Never thought I say it but Lottie Ryan makes Baz and Lucy look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bureau2009

@ heybaby

That's a long post above and

I completely agree with every word of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement