Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottie Ryan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

alaimacerc wrote: »
    This does seem to reflect a general expectation in public life that if people are given a chance to gouge, gouge they will. But this for me just stresses the importance of minimising such opportunities. If we're not allowed to criticise LR for accepting money for old rope, can't we at least criticise RTE management for not merely buying it, but continuing to inflate the price?

But apart from her having nothing to say, and not being able to say it, grand, then?

Its in every walk of life. Not just RTE. If ya go for a job and know someone who might be able to make you stand out from the crowd you'd be very foolish not to use that contact.

She delivered what she had to say perfectly, bar being a little close to the mic when breathing. What she had to say didnt interest ME, but would interest others

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Its in every walk of life. Not just RTE.
    I refer you to which thread this is, and in which forum.
    If ya go for a job and know someone who might be able to make you stand out from the crowd you'd be very foolish not to use that contact.
    And if you were the mug that was paying for rampant nepotism in the hiring of mediocrities, you'd be very foolish to be happy about it. As one of such, I'm not.
    She delivered what she had to say perfectly, bar being a little close to the mic when breathing. What she had to say didnt interest ME, but would interest others
    So she's almost able to perform the basic minimal requirements of the (alleged) profession. Quite the ringing endorsement.

I have very little interest in "showbiz" news either, and am not terribly thrilled with it now being a regular thing on 2FM. But the other two regular presenters (Taragh Loughrey-Grant and Amanda Fennelly, if memory serves) are clearly vastly more able for the task. If LR weren't LR, people would be mystified as to why she was on the radio at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

if lottie ryan has a tiny bit of talent it would be a help but she is terrible, rte obviously feel some sort of guilt towards gerry ryan, if she had the looks they would have her on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hootanany wrote: »
    Has anyone found out what Lottie did on the Good Wife yet.

Someone said she got a few shifts.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

id say she got plenty of shifts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

jezzer wrote: »
    id say she got plenty of shifts

Really?!

she is a shifter alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Schwartz wrote: »
    Lottie Ryan presented the breakfast show on 2fm last Saturday. Was anybody listening ?

There aren't too many listening in if the latest JNLR figures are anything to go by. Her Saturday morning show gets 2,000 listeners and 1,000 on a Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Those dire numbers are a fair reflection of her utter terribleness on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

There aren't too many listening in if the latest JNLR figures are anything to go by. Her Saturday morning show gets 2,000 listeners and 1,000 on a Sunday.

But I thought a high profile name would bring in listeners? A local radio DJ would be disappointed with numbers like that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Deedsie wrote: »
    But I thought a high profile name would bring in listeners? A local radio DJ would be disappointed with numbers like that?

But she's not a high profile name.

And she is excruciatingly difficult to listen to!

She has no presenting talent what so ever.

But clearly RTE think they owe her a living!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

But she's not a high profile name.

And she is excruciatingly difficult to listen to!

She has no presenting talent what so ever.

But clearly RTE think they owe her a living!

They owe her something alright....it's called the truth! But obviously nobody has the balls to tell her she is crap.
    As for the showbiz stuff she does, how can anyone make such a cock up of reading a script someone else has prepared for you?!?!?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

They owe her something alright....it's called the truth! But obviously nobody has the balls to tell her she is crap.
    Maybe she's working for cheap. Due to being "independently" wealthy. (i.e., monies originally paid by the same organisation...)
    As for the showbiz stuff she does, how can anyone make such a cock up of reading a script someone else has prepared for you?!?!?!:confused:

To be fair, there are decent presenter who are good with off-the-cuff stuff and interviews, etc, who seem terribly wooden when reading from scripts, just as there are those who seem very natural doing scripted stuff... just don't actually ask them to talk and think at the same time.

Somewhat OT remark, admittedly, since LR is equally terrible with both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

It’s worse she seems to be getting

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It’s worse she seems to be getting

Doesn't matter one iota, she has a job for life.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

NIMAN wrote: »
    Doesn't matter one iota, she has a job for life.:(

Er, she got that job for life on talent alone !!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I seen a girl on TV3 or Virgin MEdia the other night, her name was Bonnie Ryan.

I can only assume she is another of the Ryan dynasty?

Her job title when her name came up? "Netflix reviewer".

Its not what you know in this country, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I think this performance got her where she is today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

Sir Dosser wrote: »

There are no words for the embarrassment of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Holy moly, I mean to get an opportunity to perform that rubbish on a prime time Saturday night show on Rte really says it all. And they wonder why alot of people are in favour of doing away with rte altogther.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

'Netflix Reviewer'!
    There's a job she is probably eminintely qualified for...... as her singing career seems to be 'on a break', so she has plenty of time to gourge on box sets.

I'd say they would be safe in signing her up for several years, as I believe the break will last some time..........:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Without a doubt the single worst presenter to have ever been on radio. When she comes on I honestly want to slit my own throat. Infuriating someone with no talent can land such a number

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Nepotism just doesn't go on front of camera.

I know many senior civil servants who go their dullard kids admin jobs in RTE in the 80s and 90's after they failed to get enough points for any college course.

Most of them are still there having rose to the giddying heights of middle-management and are unsackable.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Without a doubt the single worst presenter to have ever been on radio. When she comes on I honestly want to slit my own throat. Infuriating someone with no talent can land such a number

Dose'nt matter, she's Ryan's daughter. Thick neck comes to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

“Now she is a make-up artist and an influencer“.

What the **** is wrong with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

From the Indo:

You probably know Bonnie - the middle child of Morah and Gerry Ryan's brood of five - as the teen singing phenomenon whose band, Lady Nada, toured with Westlife when Bonnie was just 13 years of age.

No I f***kin don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Everybody's just going to think, 'But she's the music girl, why is she doing that?"

Dont fret little Lottie, your fears are unfounded there. Rest assured, nobody has ever thought of you as "the music girl".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Adele Plain Duet

893bet wrote: »
    “Now she is a make-up artist and an influencer“.

What the **** is wrong with the world.

Two "jobs" which are now popular with the no talent (mainly women now, but I do know men who are trying to be MUA/Influencers) between the age of 18-30 who are desperate for some modicum of attention...I see a lot now bloat Instagram with constant posing nonsense and spamming their pages with products in hope the brand sees them and give them free stuff(sadly im friends with a lot of these and I just have to mute them as its irritating and sad)

It seems to be any attractive girl on Instagram now is a "influencer" these days and most of their followers are lads creeping on them while they posing in bikinis etc or their mates going "stun hun" or "gayjus babes" or "totes jeal"

Sure she'll be working in a gym as a "fitness" or "nutrition" expert soon or whatever latest fad is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Sure she'll be working in a gym as a "fitness" or "nutrition" expert soon or whatever latest fad is

She might even put out a book on "wellness".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement