Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS transfer advice needed

Options
  • 07-08-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for some advice. I need to get a RAS transfer from Sligo to Dublin and am wondering if anyone has successfully obtained a RAS transfer and how they went about.

I have lived with illness and disability over the past 4 years. All my medical team agree that part-time work, and moving to Dublin, would greatly improve my overall well-being and I would be closer to my doctors. I am inexperienced in my trained profession, as I became ill soon after finishing college, and have found it impossible to find suitable part-time work in Sligo.

I tried to transfer to Dublin City Council RAS last summer but was told by the Housing Department that they were not accepting transfers under any circumstances. I have very specific housing needs that would make it very difficult for me to go back onto Rent Allowance as I would be unable to find accommodation to meet my needs for the monthly rent I would be permitted to pay. DCC did tell me however that they would accept me onto their housing list. As a single man with no children I know that the chances of getting offered accommodation in the next five years is very slim.

I haven't tried requesting a transfer to any of the County Councils within Co. Dublin, yet. Has anyone any advice that might help? It would be greatly appreciated as I really do think my well-being is suffering here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try the other councils in the Dublin area.

Also try contacting the voluntary housing associations (Cluid, Respond, etc): they need you to be on the council list, but if perchance they have something that suits your needs that they are having difficulty filling, then they might be able to help things along.

And try contacting some disability support organisations for ideas too.

Advertisement