Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work :)

Options
  • 07-08-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Long term unemployed and i have a job interview coming up, pretty certain i`m gonna get it.

Looking about to see if the back to work scheme(work wages and percentage of dole payments for a few years) is still an incentive. Can`t find anything.

Does anybody know if they still do it?

Can safely say i would be worse of if they didn`t because of petrol costs...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Long term unemployed and i have a job interview coming up, pretty certain i`m gonna get it.

Looking about to see if the back to work scheme(work wages and percentage of dole payments for a few years) is still an incentive. Can`t find anything.

Does anybody know if they still do it?

Can safely say i would be worse of if they didn`t because of petrol costs...

thought the back to work scheme was only for people who were setting up their own business?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 johnjoejones

thought the back to work scheme was only for people who were setting up their own business?
    I know somebody who got on on around 5 years ago and i`m 100% certain he was working for a company.

All the searching i did there, the results coming up seem to be only about going self employed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

i have honestly never heard of it. you may contact citizens advice - they'll be able to tell you for sure.

i have honestly never heard of it. you may contact citizens advice - they'll be able to tell you for sure.
    I`ll give this thread a chance till tomorrow, if nobody else knows i`ll have to give them a shout, thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

If not self-employed, take a look at Revenue Job Assist. You have to fill out a form and so does your employer. It gives you extra tax credits on a sliding scale for three years.

• Advertisement

No Pants wrote: »
    If not self-employed, take a look at Revenue Job Assist. You have to fill out a form and so does your employer. It gives you extra tax credits on a sliding scale for three years.
    Finding it hard to make sense of it but is this right, i have 1 child so the first year i would get 5090euro on top of my new job wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Part-time-Job-Incentive-Scheme-PTJI---SW-69.aspx

It could be this that your friend got.

Its for part time jobs, you keep part of your payment for a period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭wellieboot

Back to Work for employees was abolished a number of years ago. It's only available for self employed persons now. Done away with in 2009

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_and_work/back_to_work_allow.html

wellieboot wrote: »
    Back to Work for employees was abolished a number of years ago. It's only available for self employed persons now. Done away with in 2009

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_and_work/back_to_work_allow.html
    Yep, sounds like that is the one, cheers.

So if i got the job, i would be 80-100euro worse off a week, screw that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm pretty certain a new scheme was put in place from July...

I'll have a scout round.

EDIT: Yup! I thought so!! :D It's called JobsPlus and details can be found here

• Advertisement

So if i got the job, i would be 80-100euro worse off a week, screw that.
    That's the spirit!

That's the spirit!
    When you`re struggling to put food on the table for your kid as it is already, common sense prevails.

I'm pretty certain a new scheme was put in place from July...

I'll have a scout round.

EDIT: Yup! I thought so!! :D It's called JobsPlus and details can be found here
    "JobsPlus is a new employer incentive, from the Department of Social Protection which encourages and rewards employers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

"JobsPlus is a new employer incentive, from the Department of Social Protection which encourages and rewards employers"

Quite. And therefore wide open to abuse...

When you`re struggling to put food on the table for your kid as it is already, common sense prevails.
    The point I'm making is that there are more benefits to having a job than just the paycheck. There's pride and increased self-esteem to start with, a sense of worth and you become potentially more valuable and attractive (in the work sense ;)) to employers simply by having a job.

Short version: it'll be easier to find a higher paying job when you already have a job.

The point I'm making is that there are more benefits to having a job than just the paycheck. There's pride and increased self-esteem to start with, a sense of worth and you become potentially more valuable and attractive (in the work sense ;)) to employers simply by having a job.

Short version: it'll be easier to find a higher paying job when you already have a job.
    I know i know, i have work for 11 years straight after coming out of school.

But like i said i`d be 80- 100 euro a week worse off, 320-400 a month less income would be a massive hit when you`re already struggling already.

Seen something about a "family support supplement", need to look into it tomorrow to see what that`s about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

I know i know, i have work for 11 years straight after coming out of school.

But like i said i`d be 80- 100 euro a week worse off, 320-400 a month less income would be a massive hit when you`re already struggling already.

Seen something about a "family support supplement", need to look into it tomorrow to see what that`s about.

I am confused! How low could salary be that you would be 80 - 100 a week worse off? How could benefits be so good or salary so low would you mind revealing?

I am confused! How low could salary be that you would be 80 - 100 a week worse off? How could benefits be so good or salary so low would you mind revealing?
    Yeah no problem, benefits i get 342 a week, full time job on minimum wage 346 a week before tax i think. I live in a rural area, so petrol to job and home again is roughly between 15-20 euro a day, 5 days a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Yeah no problem, benefits i get 342 a week, full time job on minimum wage 346 a week before tax i think. I live in a rural area, so petrol to job and home again is roughly between 15-20 euro a day, 5 days a week.

You will get Family Income Supplement.

You will never get a promotion on the dole, and the longer you are unemployed, the more unemployable you become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Fair enough - not much incentive and while I don't agree with people not taking a job, I can totally see why you wouldn't take job.

Only thing I might suggest is it is good for mood/self esteem but i know tis not as simple as that.

You will get Family Income Supplement.

You will never get a promotion on the dole, and the longer you are unemployed, the more unemployable you become.
    I`ve been told i`ll get around 90euro and maybe travel expenses from the family supplement.

So if the job is offered i`m gonna take it. Apparently i`d be getting first pay rise around the first 3-4 month mark as well.

I`ve been told i`ll get around 90euro and maybe travel expenses from the family supplement.

So if the job is offered i`m gonna take it. Apparently i`d be getting first pay rise around the first 3-4 month mark as well.
    Good luck to you and I hope it works out.

Advertisement