Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

champion sports gone? city square

Options
  • 07-08-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear anything about champion sports closing in city square, didn't hear a word about them going, the new store there is a sports shop D G or something like that.

Anybody know whats it all about? Thought champion were doing good business and they werent there that long., maybe their lease was up and just decided not to renew.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

JD Sports is the name of their parent company in the UK

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There just doing renovations, according to a sign on the shop a few weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

It was virtually gutted last weekend. Looked far more than renovations. Someone told me it's being converted to a JD Sports alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

renovations

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dk1982

The Champion Sports in Dundrum has changed to JD Sports in the last few weeks so same craic here I presume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Hopefully the customer service will improve with the new image.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Don't know about closing down but they did have a big sale a couple of weeks back. Not sure if it was a closing down sale or just clearing the stock room. Cripes, City Square will have nothing left at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Champion sports gone, JD sports gone in there now instead. All staff are being kept in their jobs which is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Deisedarren

Last year jd sports bought champion sports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

deisemum wrote: »
    Hopefully the customer service will improve with the new image.

I didn't find customer service too bad, what did annoy me was the volume of the music and not being able to think straight in the shop, i just couldnt stand being in the shop too long, especially when your already frazzled with small children. Didn't feel too welcoming in that sense but maybe thats just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I didn't find customer service too bad, what did annoy me was the volume of the music and not being able to think straight in the shop, i just couldnt stand being in the shop too long, especially when your already frazzled with small children. Didn't feel too welcoming in that sense but maybe thats just me.

sounds like you are as old as i am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Yeah, same here and it's not just you, I've had to leave the shop a number of times as it was like a 90's rave. It's a well known marketing practise to have blaring music to attract young people but they should also remember it's often younger peoples parents that are the ones paying.

I've walked out and shopped elsewhere so it's not a good marketing ploy if they lose customers who then have a negative view of the shop and company.

Yeah, same here and it's not just you, I've had to leave the shop a number of times as it was like a 90's rave. It's a well known marketing practise to have blaring music to attract young people but they should also remember it's often younger peoples parents that are the ones paying.

I've walked out and shopped elsewhere so it's not a good marketing ploy if they lose customers who then have a negative view of the shop and company.

Exactly we're the ones with the munola, its a terrible idea to have music that loud in a shop, fair enough if they want music but so loud, they often have music with high bpm so it just doeznt sit right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's a well known marketing practise to have blaring music to attract young people but they should also remember it's often younger peoples parents that are the ones paying.

Quick google search, and this appeared:
    http://www.ucd.ie/gpep/research/gpepinthemedia/loudmusicusedtolureteenbuyers/

What's the noise like in Edinburgh Woolen Mill? :pac:

Hitler used to play a high pitched noise before he went out to give speeches to get the crowd restless and agitated and whipped into a frenzy, maybe they read mein kampf!

Advertisement