Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

horrible or awkward dating experiences

124»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

MugMugs wrote: »
    Everybody knows that why disabled toilets are made bigger !

And that's why I let him investigate it. God I was such an amazing potential gf. I really messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

MugMugs wrote: »
    Everybody knows that why disabled toilets are made bigger !

You can fit 6 -7 people into a disabled toilet, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Met a girl from online dating. First of all she purposely put up photos of when she was a little bit slimmer. Didn't recognise her when she arrived as she was so much bigger. I don't mind about people not looking as well as you thought in their photos if there's no deception involved. As in, someone might look pretty in photos but turn out not to be your type in person - that's life. But in this case it was ridiculous.

ohffs.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Once went on a first date where we agreed to meet in a pub - we had met online on one of the sites. I arrived first and grabbed a table opposite the bar (the guy had texted ahead for me to get a particular table down the back in the corner - thankfully someone else was sitting there). Grabbed the table, it had a long couch-type seat where 3 or 4 people could fit on one side and 3 or 4 stools around it. I sat on the couch and, after the text about the 'cosy' corner table, I put a stool deliberately in between me and the table to see what he would do. I suppose I wasn't that into him anyway from the start but hadn't been on a date in a while.

He arrived, moved the stool no bother and parked himself right beside me so that our legs were touching all the way down if you know what I mean. No sense of personal space.

He kept touching my head and hair and actually patting my head throughout the date to tell me how funny or cute I was. The barman must have had a great laugh on a quiet Monday evening to see yer man nearly sitting on my lap at an otherwise empty table and me practically bending over backwards every time he tried to touch my face. In hindsight I should have left after one drink but stayed for a second. After he got me in an almost-headlock for a kiss, I decided to call it a night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

miamee wrote: »
    Once went on a first date where we agreed to meet in a pub - we had met online on one of the sites. I arrived first and grabbed a table opposite the bar (the guy had texted ahead for me to get a particular table down the back in the corner - thankfully someone else was sitting there). Grabbed the table, it had a long couch-type seat where 3 or 4 people could fit on one side and 3 or 4 stools around it. I sat on the couch and, after the text about the 'cosy' corner table, I put a stool deliberately in between me and the table to see what he would do. I suppose I wasn't that into him anyway from the start but hadn't been on a date in a while.

He arrived, moved the stool no bother and parked himself right beside me so that our legs were touching all the way down if you know what I mean. No sense of personal space.

He kept touching my head and hair and actually patting my head throughout the date to tell me how funny or cute I was. The barman must have had a great laugh on a quiet Monday evening to see yer man nearly sitting on my lap at an otherwise empty table and me practically bending over backwards every time he tried to touch my face. In hindsight I should have left after one drink but stayed for a second. After he got me in an almost-headlock for a kiss, I decided to call it a night :D

Oh we have all been there. Where you regret the date as soon as you set eyes on the person. Happened me before. Met a girl on a night out. I was steaming drunk. Anyway swapped numbers and text a bit and arraged to meet up.

Decided on the cinema and as soon as she arrived I realised how drunk I was. Hadnt the heart to leave so we went to see the film and thats where it got worse. As soon as the lights went down she was on it like a car bonnet. Hands everywhere and putting my hands everywhere too. Thankfully it was a monday evening and the cinema was quiet.

When the movie ended i sank down in the seat until everyone else left and then made our way out. She went for the goodnight snog and I dodged the bullet. She text me after she left telling me I humiliated her. What about the 2 hours of humiliation she put me through prior to that :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

miamee wrote: »
    After he got me in an almost-headlock for a kiss, I decided to call it a night

@Leftist, was that you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

josip wrote: »
    @Leftist, was that you?

Lol! I doubt it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

josip wrote: »
    @Leftist, was that you?

there's no almost about my headlocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Leftist wrote: »
    what a creep.

yeah, he should have just asked her to blow him in a car whilst holding her in a headlock...:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nialler15 wrote: »
    Oh we have all been there. Where you regret the date as soon as you set eyes on the person. Happened me before. Met a girl on a night out. I was steaming drunk. Anyway swapped numbers and text a bit and arraged to meet up.

Decided on the cinema and as soon as she arrived I realised how drunk I was. Hadnt the heart to leave so we went to see the film and thats where it got worse. As soon as the lights went down she was on it like a car bonnet. Hands everywhere and putting my hands everywhere too. Thankfully it was a monday evening and the cinema was quiet.

When the movie ended i sank down in the seat until everyone else left and then made our way out. She went for the goodnight snog and I dodged the bullet. She text me after she left telling me I humiliated her. What about the 2 hours of humiliation she put me through prior to that :D:D:D:D

You fingered her in the cinema?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Years ago ( quite a few years ago!) I met a girl at a nightclub resulting in her giving me her address to call to her later in the week, to go out for a drink.
    Called to her flat in Lindsey Rd, Glasnevin. She opened the door and there she was in her housecoat, no make-up, all very casual.
    "Mmm", I thought, looks like we were going to have a quiet night in. Anyway I was sitting on the couch wondering why she was so casual, and not particularly talkative, as she just sat there filing her nails or whatever.
    I was just about to say, "so you don't feel like going out?", when all of a sudden her twin sister came in to the room, dolled to the nines, all set for our night out!
    Rapid change of mind-set required!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Nialler15 wrote: »

Dodged a bullet??? You were after hitting the jackpot... Hardly still have her number?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

ChewChew wrote: »
    I went on a first date with a guy who seemed nice, now this was years ago maybe 10 at this stage but we were in a bar and the whole time he insisted on me going to check if the toilets were big enough/suitable to have sex in!!!! I kept changing the subject, anyways got to the point where he had properly pissed me off, so I suggested he go check them out and ill get another round in. Off he went to the loo... Off I went to the bus stop.
    He wanted to ride you in the jacks on the first date??
    He was a keeper.

Advertisement