Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house in next week, moving from UPC to Eircom

Options
  • 07-08-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I will be moving house next week and I want to port my number from UPC in current house to Eircom in the new house. The line in the new house is currently with Vodafone and the contract on it is currently not terminated. Calls to Eircom have indicated that I need to wait until current contract on the line is terminated before I can port the number. Unfortunately, my current UPC contract will be finished before the contract on the new line is terminated and I am afraid of losing my number. Is there any way around this?

Also, how long would it take to get broadband on the new line ? I have checked the line with Eircom and it is broadband ready.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

skippyk wrote: »
    I will be moving house next week and I want to port my number from UPC in current house to Eircom in the new house. The line in the new house is currently with Vodafone and the contract on it is currently not terminated. Calls to Eircom have indicated that I need to wait until current contract on the line is terminated before I can port the number. Unfortunately, my current UPC contract will be finished before the contract on the new line is terminated and I am afraid of losing my number. Is there any way around this?

Also, how long would it take to get broadband on the new line ? I have checked the line with Eircom and it is broadband ready.

Hi skippyk

Yes this is a tricky situation indeed.

Is the current vodafone contract in the new house in your name? If not should the owner not close their account to let the new tenant (you) decide which provider you would prefer?

I really do not know a way around this but the good news is that your number will not be given to another person or put back into circulation for a year and 1 day after you cancel it unless you specifically request this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skippyk

Hi skippyk

Yes this is a tricky situation indeed.

Is the current vodafone contract in the new house in your name? If not should the owner not close their account to let the new tenant (you) decide which provider you would prefer?

I really do not know a way around this but the good news is that your number will not be given to another person or put back into circulation for a year and 1 day after you cancel it unless you specifically request this.

Thanks

Al
    The current vodafone contract is in the current house owners name. She is willing to terminate her vodafone contract from tomorrow but I believe that can take up to 1 month for vodafone to release the line. During that time it seems i am effectively locked out.

When I get this sorted out, is the process to reclaim my current number straight forward?

The current vodafone contract is in the current house owners name. She is willing to terminate her vodafone contract from tomorrow but I believe that can take up to 1 month for vodafone to release the line. During that time it seems i am effectively locked out.

When I get this sorted out, is the process to reclaim my current number straight forward?

Hi skippyk

Yes this is relatively straight forward, upon the end of the vodafone contract you would contact eircom sales to request them to change the account currently at the new premises to eircom. this will take about three to five days. When this is changed to eircom you would then contact eircom sales again and inform them you would like to transfer your UPC number to your line at the new premises. If the UPC account is still active then a GNP authorisation form will need to be completed by you (will be given by eircom sales) or if it is a ceased UPC account a more basic number swap will be conducted.

There is no guarantee that eircom will be able to hold offer you the same number you have with UPC. The number must be served by the same exchange for this to work. If you are moving to a location served by a different exchange then it will be very unlikely that you will be able to move your number to eircom from UPC.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skippyk

Hi skippyk

Yes this is relatively straight forward, upon the end of the vodafone contract you would contact eircom sales to request them to change the account currently at the new premises to eircom. this will take about three to five days. When this is changed to eircom you would then contact eircom sales again and inform them you would like to transfer your UPC number to your line at the new premises. If the UPC account is still active then a GNP authorisation form will need to be completed by you (will be given by eircom sales) or if it is a ceased UPC account a more basic number swap will be conducted.

There is no guarantee that eircom will be able to hold offer you the same number you have with UPC. The number must be served by the same exchange for this to work. If you are moving to a location served by a different exchange then it will be very unlikely that you will be able to move your number to eircom from UPC.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan,

As it happens the new premises is on the same exchange so it seems I am ok there.

Thanks Alan,

As it happens the new premises is on the same exchange so it seems I am ok there.
    That's good skippyk

It should be fairly straight forward so

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement