Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for an 18yo girl

Options
  • 07-08-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi everyone, please help me out.!

I've just started driving lessons (I've done 2 so far) and I really want to get practicing in my mums car. It's an Opel Astra 1999, 1.4 engine. I've got one quote already and it was in the €4000 region, I nearly died when I heard.!! :eek: I'm in the Tipperary area and I've had my permit for a month now

Any advice or anyone been in the same boat before.?? :confused::confused:

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

For you to drive your Mum's car, it will have to be a policy in her name with you as an an additional driver. What has her current insurer quoted to add you as a named driver? It shouldn't be anywhere near that

Your Mum needs to get on the phone and ring around. Log on to Axa.ie to get an indication. Remember to put her details in as proposer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Just yesterday I added my 18yo son to my policy on a 1.4 litre 2000 reg car

Cost for approx 9 months was almost 800 as a named driver (yes, still pricey)

First Ireland seems to be recommended for those who have done their EDT and want first insurance in their own name...

http://www.firstireland.ie/drive_first.asp

Advertisement