Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party venue

Options
  • 07-08-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Where is the best spot for a private function that isn't too big?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It depends on the type of function I'd say.
    Birthday? Wedding afters?
    Will you need alcohol served? Food? Parking? Handicap access?
    City centre? Outskirts?
    Music provided?

The more you can tell us the easier it is to help find a place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Be a bit more specific with your requirements, number of people, food required, dj etc. Is it work or friends and what vibe.. There's loads of places in galway, so being specific will narrow the search for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

City centre preferable, even outskirts consider.

It's for a birthday, prob 60ish people. Bar needed :-) if they can do food even better but can get outside caters.

Parking not essential at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skeff has areas big enough, would do food. Fibber's upstairs, ah, depending on the night the cellar worth a shout. O connells out back, weather would be a gamble though!. New place, stock exchange on shop street could worth an inquiry. Oh and kellys, they are all basically city centre..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

DeBurgeos, perfect size for your group, and you get free security and bar staff when you book it (it's the Garda social clubs bar so the barman is a garda, no security needed :D).

Lovely spot for a private party.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

+1 for De Burgos.
    I booked with them before. They can provide food if needed, let you bring in your own if needed. They were even grand with a karaoke set up.

I don't think I can ever go back there after that last version of enter sandman.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

Yeah I was thinking about the Garda club, is it too quiet of a spot thou? also monroes or the new stock exchange. Just haven't been to too many private functions to know where was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's another in upstairs Pucan, like a small disco.
    I've been for parties there, good craic and bar in the disco. I'd said we were between 50 and 100 over the night and it didn't feel empty.
    Not sure about food etc. There was a dj but don't know who provided him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

The Rowing Club in woodquay is perfect also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

60 bottles of bucky, spanish arch for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What age, tastes in music and (for want of a better word) degree of classiness?

I have friends who wouldn't be seen dead in some places in town ... a lot comes down to how stylish you need for the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Try McHugh's on the Tuam road, across from the Corinthians Rugby club. Great spot with kitchen and great outdoor bbq area.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

Like Mrs OBumble says need age group 21st, 30th or 60th. House hotel is another id recommend. Spanish arch +1. for outside drinks O Connells

Advertisement