Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roasting pan - non-stick, stainless steel, hard-anodized aluminium or le creuset type

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

I have a couple of Mermaid baking trays, and they warp at high heat as well. I think your best bet is heavy stainless for the hob to ovenability - have you tried TK Maxx? Non-stick isn't worth much of anything for roasting as you actually want juices to caramelise and gunge up a bit. Non-stick just doesn't get hot enough.

That Aga one is designed to fit into an Aga oven in place of a rack so may not be ideal unless you actually have an Aga.

All that said, I have a cheap ass six euro enamelled yoke from Dunnes, bought in desperation at the last minute before nine starving golfers descended on the house, that has done sterling service for four years. I never use metal utenstils in it, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

Thanks emaleth, i should have tried TK maxx also. I finally got the masterclass stainless steel one. Its got a few decent reviews so i hope its works out fine. I'm not so great at that final decision stage where you have to choose one for the last two or three choices.
    Thanks again for the input.

Advertisement