Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Brown Bins

Options
  • 07-08-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Whatever happened to the service greyhound used to provide that when they collected the brown bin that they sprayed the interior with an antibacterial solution.
    This hasn't been done in our estate for about 2 years about the same time that they took over doing all of the bins in the city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Samantha4

Bloc wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the service greyhound used to provide that when they collected the brown bin that they sprayed the interior with an antibacterial solution.
    This hasn't been done in our estate for about 2 years about the same time that they took over doing all of the bins in the city.

GREYHOUND are a company who don't care about their Irish customers. The facts are:

1. They are registered in the ISLE OF MAN, THEY ARE NOT EVEN REGISTERED IN IRELAND.
    2. Yesterday in the Irish Times, Phil Hogan criticized bin companies for raising their prices who say they have to raise them and blaming it on the levies. GREYHOUND SELL THEIR WASTE ABROAD, yet they STILL raised their prices.
    3.GREYHOUND DUMPED THOUSANDS OF TONNES OF WASTE ILLEGALLY AND TO MY KNOWLEDGE HAVE YET TO BE CHARGED FOR IT BY THE EPA.

Also: they have owed me a tidy sum of money for over a YEAR, and they will not give it back to me and refuse to say why.
    These people are not good for Ireland and Irish people. (They owe a relative money as well, just 12 euro but still, refuse to give it back).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

100% Irish family owned according to their website.

100% Irish family owned according to their website.

They may be family owned - the Bradleys, I believe - but being registered is a different matter. And they are registered in the Isle of Man, based on what I have read.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Samantha4 wrote: »

Also: they have owed me a tidy sum of money for over a YEAR, and they will not give it back to me and refuse to say why.

Take them to the small claims court. Very easily done.

http://www.courts.ie/rules.nsf/53bd32841fc5bbf280256d2b0045bb5d/4d0bf6c6ca50c813802576a5003adcdc/$FILE/Schedule%20C%20-%20Form%2053A.1.pdf

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrent/224D3F40A61421D280256DA6002EB56B?opendocument&l=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Having problems getting our brown bin collected....we have all the cooked and raw foods in a black plastic bag. Is this why? Do they have to be completely loose?

• Advertisement

Maybe they only want to collect the green bins because it's Paddy's weekend?!
    Ah no, seriously, though...it's probably the plastic that you have the food in. The food should be in one of those biodegradable bags, as far as I know.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Yeah they need to be loose or in a biodegradable bag alright.

Advertisement