Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-employed Irish catch a visa break in Australia

Options
  • 07-08-2013 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

sorted it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

I know a few people doing this. They set up their own business and sponsor themselves. As far as I know its a 4 year thing like other sponsorship.

You have to pay your own super though.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

You lost me at "VisaFirst" mentioned in the article.

If people wish to come to Australia, do their own research first. There may be a way of doing it, with a lot of collateral upfront and not using VisaFirst you will avoid a lot of the cost.

If you are not able to do your own research about doing this then I would have grave concerns about your ability to run a business anywhere, let alone Australia!

I know someone that did this for under $1000 as he thought the company looking for more than $6K was out of order.

He had to pretend he was receiving money by getting mates to deposit in his bank account for 4 weeks in a row. Lots of other tricky stuff. But he's all good now and his girlfriend is de facto with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

sin_city wrote: »
    I know someone that did this for under $1000 as he thought the company looking for more than $6K was out of order.

He had to pretend he was receiving money by getting mates to deposit in his bank account for 4 weeks in a row. Lots of other tricky stuff. But he's all good now and his girlfriend is de facto with him.

Out of curiosity what visa is this?
    People have mentioned this before but always say sponsor (to me sponsor = 457) which doesn't quite fit in

yeah 457...the hard part is actually setting up the legit business...after that its just like any other 457 I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement