Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

• 07-08-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the big leagues of Division 8!!!!

I've setup a league on NFL.com so if you've been 1 of the lucky 20 to be selected, can you send me a PM and i'll send you on details.

League members are:
    Pauloconn
    The RB
    Random Cluster
    Gerrard Cup
    Setanta 74
    Greebow
    Garconn 77
    kdart
    Jonnybadd
    Nasty Crash
    DDC1990
    Raphael
    Liam2012
    Smcglan
    Conor Fitzpatrick 88
    t.bluffer
    micramaniac

There'll be a few more joining but at the moment this is the panel. Will come back when draft details, etc are finalised with senior management so watch this space....

We're going to be doing a poll on this from doodle for the draft week at the start of September. This will all start on the 5th September so sooner we get it done, the more time we have to trade, mix it up etc. Add your user name and i'll keep you posted on when it will be.

http://www.doodle.com/feznsd4g5pqcrhdb

When will the Division 8 Draft be?? 12 votes

26 Aug 18:00
    0% 0 votes
    26 Aug 19:00
    0% 0 votes
    26 Aug 20:00
    0% 0 votes
    26 Aug 21:00
    0% 0 votes
    26 Aug 22:00
    8% 1 vote
    27 Aug 18:00
    8% 1 vote
    27 Aug 19:00
    0% 0 votes
    27 Aug 20:00
    0% 0 votes
    27 Aug 21:00
    16% 2 votes
    27 Aug 22:00
    8% 1 vote
    28 Aug 18:00
    0% 0 votes
    28 Aug 19:00
    0% 0 votes
    28 Aug 20:00
    0% 0 votes
    28 Aug 21:00
    8% 1 vote
    28 Aug 22:00
    25% 3 votes
    29 Aug 18:00
    8% 1 vote
    29 Aug 19:00
    0% 0 votes
    29 Aug 20:00
    0% 0 votes
    29 Aug 21:00
    0% 0 votes
    29 Aug 22:00
    8% 1 vote
    Other
    0% 0 votes
    Autopick for me!!!
    8% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Looking forward to getting stuck in - Cheers PauloConn for taking the reins

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Can't wait to get started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Reporting for duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Im in anyways - any idea when were looking to do the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 t.bluffer

In. 20 is gonna be tough. It'll be all about the draft. There won't be any free agent pool left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

There are a few people who aren't about till the week starting the 19th August. I'll pick an evening that week if it suits everyone but given there are 20 people in this it may go on majority rules.
    I'll see how the other divs are running this and get an idea.....
    It's my first day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

PauloConn wrote: »
    There are a few people who aren't about till the week starting the 19th August. I'll pick an evening that week if it suits everyone but given there are 20 people in this it may go on majority rules.
    I'll see how the other divs are running this and get an idea.....
    It's my first day
    Thanks for taking the reins!

Kerry Kings here, played FF for 2 years, (never got a live Draft due to the timing, so that should be fun).

Won my First Year and Lost in the Final last year. Will be much tougher in a big league however.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Lads just for you new guys and GM just make sure you pay attention to the rules set out from day 1 that Spongey threw up again in the main thread:
    1. Each League will have it's own specific thread that will be started by a Moderator at the start of July each year.

2. As well as this there will be a 'Sign Up' thread opened at the same time each year so that those who didn't participate the previous season have a chance to play in the coming season. All new players MUST register their interest no later than July 31st each year in order to be considered for a position in a league this year.

3. Each Gameweek will also have it's own thread that will be used for all divisions. This will be for general queries such as: “Who should I start this week; Garcon @ Oakland or Rice @ Cleveland?

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

5. All League General Managers will have to be re-elected by those in their league for the next year.

6. ALL Boards League drafts MUST be held between the end of the final pre-season game and the Thursday night season opener.

7. ALL Boards Leagues MUST play by the same set of League settings to avoid any confusion. League settings will be attached in a seperate post as well as in the opening post of each individual league thread.

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

10. Anyone who sets out to deliberately mess up a league by signing up and dropping all their players after drafting or offering very obviously one sided trades to make another team too strong will be banned from both the Fantasy Football Forum and the American Football forum as a whole permanently.
    - NFL.com standard scoring
    - 9 starters (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, PK, DEF) and 5 man bench
    - Waivers, pick and back to the end of the queue
    - 6 team playoff run over wks 14, 15 & 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Alright, the Roebuck Racial Epithets are ready to go. Here's hoping this goes better than my first season of Premiership Fantasy went.

Thanks TO. I'll make sure they're all in place and we'll get a draft date setup.
    So we'll look to organise draft for the week of the 26th to 29th August. That'll give people time to trade, exchange sportsmanlike banter and swagger around the Division 8 locker room like they own the place before a match even starts.
    I'll setup a vote in this thread so we can get some visible consensus on the whole thing.

P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just note Rule 6 in relation to the draft. Considering the last preseason game is on the 29th August you cant have a draft date before that

Thanks TO. I'll make sure they're all in place and we'll get a draft date setup.
    So we'll look to organise draft for the week of the 26th to 29th August. That'll give people time to trade, exchange sportsmanlike banter and swagger around the Division 8 locker room like they own the place before a match even starts.
    I'll setup a vote in this thread so we can get some visible consensus on the whole thing.

P

As Spongey says per Rule 6. For the Prem we used Doodle.com for the poll as its easy to enter multiple choices in for people to vote and then we took majority time and date. Right now we have 30th Aug - 4th Sept. These are the only available dates for drafts per rules.

Alright, i'll get that poll closed and set it up again....

Alright, i'll get that poll closed and set it up again....

Give guys more than 1 option also trust me you will see why it is a smart move to. Also consider using doodle or one of them that way they have to enter their name/boards name beside their vote so you can see its actually only league members voting and not random joes or trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

The Peeping Tomlinsons are in. Looking forward to this.
    Hope there are a few donkey and faider fans in this league for some good natured banter!!
    Go Bolts!

Waiting for the mods to take down the poll and i'll put up a new one. Might do doodle thing TO. as well, make it handier

Im on holidays from the 26th to the 31st of August - id be up for any time from the 1st! Paul your head is gonna be wrecked as gm - thanks a mill

Im on holidays from the 26th to the 31st of August - id be up for any time from the 1st! Paul your head is gonna be wrecked as gm - thanks a mill

Too late but it will look very good on the auld CV.... as long as i make it through to SB weekend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conor fitzpatrick 88

this is gonna be great! cheers for takin the time to take the reigns PauloConn!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Anyone heading to London for any of the games this year? We could have a Division8 meet up >> good natured argument >> heated debate >> full on fist fight >> prison shower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 conor fitzpatrick 88

Greebow wrote: »
    Anyone heading to London for any of the games this year? We could have a Division8 meet up >> good natured argument >> heated debate >> full on fist fight >> prison shower

Ive been puttin thought into goin..looks to be good. Be cool if a group went!

Greebow wrote: »

will be there for the niners/jags game.

10 teams in the divisions signed up so far. 2 more due to join in the next few days. Be interesting to see if we get the full 20.
    I'll be watching the Wembley game from home this year..... would be great to be at it but the finances aren't there

Will be at the Niners/Jags myself.

Going by myself so wouldn't mind meeting a few Boardsies, if this league stays friendly :P

Any update on when were looking to have the draft? I'm all for any day after the 31st!

Would love to be going to London for the games there! Where is everyone from and we can organise to meet somewhere to have a division 8 evening on the beer watching the games!

Still waiting on 9 managers to come back to me to actually join the league. Still looking good for the 1st September at 9pm based on the 3 votes in already

So hopefully people can vote soon on this

http://www.doodle.com/feznsd4g5pqcrhdb

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE......

Sunday the 1st is no good for me, Kerry are playing Dublin, so will have the Sunday game to Celebrate/Cry Over that evening.

All day Saturday suits though.

Obviously, if it suits everyone else I'll autodraft.

Could be any date up to the 5th September so follow the link in previous post and add in preferences.
    Democracy will prevail

Wednesday suits me best for live draft. Will see how it all pans out. Last year the league I was in was won by a guy who did an autodraft and I think he only made one change through the season!!...He got real lucky with his draft picks.

• Advertisement

Had inputted my stuff, just never saved it! Sorry!

Done now.

Advertisement