Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Sorry only checked this now, my team is Toonraiders

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

What happens if guys start losing interest and stop picking their teams each week handing virtual walkovers to others? Am sure its in the charter somewhere. Bound to happen in a 20 team league!..Ive been stung a few times in leagues before because of this. Really really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

setanta74 wrote: »
    What happens if guys start losing interest and stop picking their teams each week handing virtual walkovers to others? Am sure its in the charter somewhere. Bound to happen in a 20 team league!..Ive been stung a few times in leagues before because of this. Really really annoying.

I agree, ultimately you're relying on people's decency. Also, a 20 team league will consist mostly of newbies and by Rnd 4 or 5 of the draft will have a pretty vague idea about the remaining players. This then contributes to the loss of interest. Would 2 ten team leagues seem a little more appropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Alright, the doodle poll is closed and we have a tie..... nothing is going to be simple in this division.
    As GM i am going to use my casting vote and the final draft date will be Sunday 1st September at 9pm so see you all then.
    With regard to the league, we will be moving to a 16 team league from this evening. So it will create parity with the other leagues.
    With regard to players getting lazy, yes this will happen. Inactivity will mean a team is locked and no trades or transfers will happen with those players so all the more reason to declare your intentions now.
    Thanks again, i'll see you all on Sunday (or sooner)

Well done Mr. Goodell. I trust you will be a strict but fair league commish. Let the games begin. See you sunday night.

• Advertisement

Thanks you sir and welcome aboard.
    Division 8 is now setting sail for new horizons....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Paul, when will the draft order be decided/announced?

Hey DB, the draft is 9pm on Sunday

On another note, i'm looking to promote 2 players up to division 7. The RB has agreed, who else fancies it? Come back to me if you want a quick promotion....
    First in gets it
    Thanks
    P

I wouldn't mind. One of the lads in my other league is there so would be nice to kick his ass in two leagues all season

Sorry Jonnybadd, Cormac999 beat you to it by a short head....

16 team league, draft in for 1st September 9pm. See you all there

• Advertisement

Its better to be at the bottom of the pile and work your way up to the top eventually ala The Bucs and The Saints.

With the first pick of the 2013 draft setanta74 selects..............Tim Tebow.....ooohh yeah...get some!!!

or not ;-)

Brady gets taken out in first play and is out for the season and Tebow will show everyone what he is capable of.....
    Anyway, reckon you're a shoe in if you have him 1st in your draft.
    Can't wait for Sunday, normal 16 team league going to be brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Awesome, that gives me 3 days to learn precisely how the **** drafting works. WOOO!

Well if you're about for the live version, just login and pick people closest to the top of the NFL list when its your turn.... thats why i'm doing it.
    And to stay up late drinkin beer as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

How long do you get to make a pick?

90 seconds between picks, snake format (so if you;re the first for roun 1, then you;re the last in round 2) so by the time it flys through 16 people you could easily go for a run around the block, get a bag o cans, pack o smokes and still be back in time.
    But if everyone online, then it'll be quick

If guys set their draft up for autopick if they dont stay for the full duration that might help. Also I think if they are not logged in the thing will autodraft for them quickly.

I may not be able to make the start of this, can you drop in at any stage and take off the autopick? If not its no worries

Division 8 draft seems to be set to an offline draft??

"Draft Information
    Draft Type: Offline
    Draft Order: The League Manager will determine the draft order."

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Division 8 draft seems to be set to an offline draft??

"Draft Information
    Draft Type: Offline
    Draft Order: The League Manager will determine the draft order."

I'm seeing that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i have live on my info guys

scrap that its just changed to offline

The combined victories of the Dubs and Liverpool have created a disturbance.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

what's the story kiddos, are we doing this?

I hope this goes ahead. Drafting is the best part.

it only changed about 20 mins ago! hope paul is working on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

come on folks, don't let me down - came home early from the pub for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Offline draft for me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

So, looking at the poll, seems like Paul wasn't going to be able to do now, so he may not be around. =/

• Advertisement

OK I'll go first......
    Adrian Peterson

Advertisement