Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 8 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sadly, I have no power here - I'm a mod of the forums listed under my ugly mug to the left there. But I reported my last post, so if we're lucky a passing American Football mod may be able to hook us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Scoring and team makeup is fixed until the playoffs so going to put it in place that it kicks into normal boards scoring for the playoffs? But staying as default as we can't change it now anyway.
    Playoffs will be for 6 teams from week 14 so that fixed up now and we're also stuck with the current team makeups until playoffs (1 QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K and then either another RB or WR...... )
    Input from managers if ye get a chance on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

It's probably better to just leave the flex spot until the end of the season, obviously I don't have a vote though.

You just forgot to mention DEF right?

I'd be a fan of keeping it the same till the end, no point focusing on getting the best time we can up till the playoffs, then changing what that means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

i agree, keep it the same for the whole season, including playoffs. Change then next season.

• Advertisement

Grand, i'll leave it as is then....
    Yep there is a DEF as well with the teams. I saw you can split that as well, that sounds scary....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Sounds good. Yep run with it to end of season as there could be scrambling for players for that 3rd WR spot with trades and waivers at playoff time.

Nearly there now!!

Can't wait for this to kick off although the more i look at my team the more i begin to realise i hardly have anyone worth trading unless there are alot of injuries in week 1

Do we need to finalize our teams at some stage today? These are then locked until after Monday night football i guess?

You have the chance to change your bench etc and propose trades but think its too late to pick up from FA
    Think there have been a few trades happening in the wings

• Advertisement

I have traded with someone but it says it will go through tomorrow. Why the delay? Also, will that traded player be available to choose for Sunday?

To be honest i'm not sure on the timings of the players transfers. But think that if someone hasn't played you can bring them off the bench midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The delay is so anyone with an objection to the trade can vote to cancel it. Don't think it will come into play in a league like this but you do get collusion and the like in some.

As far as I remember from last year any trade has a 2 day processing time. Waivers are normally next day with the exception of if they are during gametime (Thursday-Monday) in which case they are processed Tuesday morning

Unrelated, but is everyone who drafted a Broncos offence player feeling happy with themselves? I know I am.

yeah, pretty happy to have Peyton Manning but i left Julius Thomas on the bench this week. I won't do that next week.

Think i may have just edged out the Portlaoise Patriots in the 1st game of the season.
    It really is a game of inches

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

DBIreland wrote: »
    yeah, pretty happy to have Peyton Manning but i left Julius Thomas on the bench this week. I won't do that next week.

Meh, wait until the cold kicks in over in Denver. His arm will seize up...I only say that as I was playing against Peyton this week.

Meh, wait until the cold kicks in over in Denver. His arm will seize up...I only say that as I was playing against Peyton this week.

...I only say that as I was playing against Peyton this week.

So it was you that beat me! I thought with those 40+ points on the board i would be safe. I need RB's. Didn't get many points from them this week.

So it was you that beat me! I thought with those 40+ points on the board i would be safe. I need RB's. Didn't get many points from them this week.

I never thought to check until now, I assumed I lost. A league of twists and turns. CJ Spiller was a let down, but he should come good.

• Advertisement

Playing Fantasy makes watching NFL games very different. Was yelling at the 49ers to stop scoring so many touchdowns and start kicking field goals, since I have their kicker, and the team I was playing against had their QB. Definitely an interesting experience.

Yeah, I was willing CJ Spiller to do something while hoping the Patriots won. I have teams in other leagues too, so in one league I wanted Kapernick to score while in another league i was against a guy that had him. My head didn't know what it wanted to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

PauloConn wrote: »
    Think i may have just edged out the Portlaoise Patriots in the 1st game of the season.
    It really is a game of inches

Haha paul i was praying that green bay would have got another sack or interception - i had green bays defence - you had 49ers defense - also you had gore that packers kept quiet for 3 and a half quarters and then he popped up with a td!! SICKENED

Good craic tho!!

I think one of my TE's actually got negative points in the week? What did he do? Score and own TD????

Haha paul i was praying that green bay would have got another sack or interception - i had green bays defence - you had 49ers defense - also you had gore that packers kept quiet for 3 and a half quarters and then he popped up with a td!! SICKENED

Good craic tho!!

It was indeed, close game and by looking at the other scores in the league, i'm not feeling too confident. Need to get some players in big style

PauloConn wrote: »
    It was indeed, close game and by looking at the other scores in the league, i'm not feeling too confident. Need to get some players in big style

stop - need to get a second rb - and a wr - after that i think i should be ok!
    you would think with the saints coach loving a running game that they would have a decent running back - ingram is crap haha!! If i had of put my bench def team in(RAMS) i would have beat ya! such a dope!!

sounds like a lot of people want/need RB's. With 16 teams the pool of good ones is a bit shallow.

sure even when we were drafting at the 3rd round there was very little quality left in wr or rb! its a lot tougher with 16 teams!

That'll be where the league is won and lost, in how people drafted after the first 3 rounds. Getting a bit of luck on a 7th round flier will make a huge difference.

• Advertisement

I have no 2nd DEF or K but have 4 WR and 5 RB..... madness.
    Need to take alook and start trading cause there has to be some other people out there getting a match ahead of my bench

Its only a matter of time before QB's start catching their own passes!!!....The game has evolved so much. Watching Kaepernick, Pryor, Wilson and co. this weekend shows where its heading. Having a QB that can scramble and rush as well as thread the needle is some weapon to have.

Trash time is where you can get killed in fantasy land too so hopefully loads of games will be close just like a lot of them were this weekend.

Do the trophies mean anything? I got one for having Peyton Manning and he was top scorer overall. Is it any use to me?
    Looks like a way to advertise Snickers more than anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lost my opening game by 1 point!

Compounds a bad NFL weekend with Tampa fúcking up as well.

Had Cam Newton instead of Sam Bradford. Newton got 12 points, Bradford 20!

Went with Best Player rather then assessing the matchup.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lost my opening game by 1 point!

Compounds a bad NFL weekend with Tampa fúcking up as well.

Had Cam Newton instead of Sam Bradford. Newton got 12 points, Bradford 20!

Went with Best Player rather then assessing the matchup.

These are going to be the struggles we face as GM's..... I'll be looking at the projected scores in weeks where i'm too busy in work but i had a few points over on the bench that would have made it more comfortable but won it by 2 points or something.
    Going to be very interesting although i have about 4 transferes in this week. Need to rebuild the team now

Whatever about our games in fantasy land the real stuff was brilliant this weekend. So many games went to the wire. I got over the line by half a point or something thanks to a monster 42pts from 2 players in the monday night games. Sorry dude!!

• Advertisement

setanta74 wrote: »
    Whatever about our games in fantasy land the real stuff was brilliant this weekend. So many games went to the wire. I got over the line by half a point or something thanks to a monster 42pts from 2 players in the monday night games. Sorry dude!!

Yup, that was me. Was roughly about 30 points clear going into the Monday games in 2 leagues and lost them both thanks to the same two players. Was a fun night though, congrats

Two weeks and two defeats! Each week i played the highest scoring team in the division, some day, some where, some how Wilfork for Cash will catch a break!

EDIT: next week i play the second highest scoring team this week! Who creates these schedules!

I may lose to what I can imagine is an inactive manager. He has two players on IR in his starters. This season is not going well for me

There was nothing getting me the W this week.... and made some strange subs. Austin on the bench with 17.5 points and played Randle with 1.4!!! WTF Randle
    anyway, looks like 1-1 and playing the Kerry Kings next. Going to be an epic battle

Barring a 60 point game from Roethlisberger, I'll be going 1-1. Oh well, at least I'm doing better than the Redskins.

• Advertisement

Two weeks and two defeats! Each week i played the highest scoring team in the division, some day, some where, some how Wilfork for Cash will catch a break!

EDIT: next week i play the second highest scoring team this week! Who creates these schedules!

That will be me next week. I generally panic and make rash subs on gameday and usually end up winning loads of hunger foul trophies for most points left on the bench. So dont despair...I often find ways to loose games.

Not sure how the schedules were picked, i'm assuming there's a man in a room in NFL HQ cutting out all the names, putting them in a hat and creating them for the thousands of leagues..... but he goes home knowing he's made a difference

Well, not there best start. Beaten by a team with two inactives. I used to be good at this fantasy lark. Looking forward to next week, playing the wet bandits. They should win based on name alone!

What do you think is needed to make the playoffs?...8-5 or would you squeeze in with 7-6. Going to be tough to make top 6.

I reckon it'd be an 8-5 to make it. Now officially at 1-1 but looks like a well open game against the Kerry Kings.... Can't wait for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bring it on Paulie!

Can't believe I won this week with 58 points! It was pathetic, but I got lucky!

In contrast, I racked up 103.7 the week before and lost!!!

Having serious doubts about QB1 now. Cam's not firing at all, and Sam Bradford has had a lovely start with over 600 yards and 5 TD's, to Cams 350 and 3 TD's.

Best of luck! (Hopefully not the best of Andrew Luck though :P )

Anybody looking to offload a RB let me know.

1.2 pointe bwteeen the East Kimmage Steelers and th Kerry Kings..... It's on a kinfe edge with 1 player each still to go....

Its Welker v Prater!!!!!

I need a pretty stunning performance from Demaryius Thomas this evening, or the Portlaise Patriots will be breaking their streak over my head.

Stupid Hakeem Nicks, not catching anything. >:(

I know, think i had an extra 10 points sitting on the bench...

• Advertisement
Advertisement