Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

PauloConn wrote: »
    I know, think i had an extra 10 points sitting on the bench...

I didn't know about Davis' injury and left him in the starting lineup. Need a low scoring FG fest to beat you know.

Also left Bernard Pierce on the bench and he got 13 points! Only myself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah but Prater is projecting 12 points while Welker is projecting 6.4..... needs to have the game of his life but this one is going to be right to the wire.
    This is "Any Given Sunday" all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Wilfork for Cash...are you a Bronco fan?...only asking as your team is loaded with them and I really really really hate the Broncos. Judging by your name you must be a Pats fan though. Broncos and Patriots....Man, Im struggling to find ways to feel bad about winning tonight ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

setanta74 wrote: »
    Wilfork for Cash...are you a Bronco fan?...only asking as your team is loaded with them and I really really really hate the Broncos. Judging by your name you must be a Pats fan though. Broncos and Patriots....Man, Im struggling to find ways to feel bad about winning tonight ;-)

Pats fan, not sure how i ended up with so many Broncos. I will be in serious trouble when they are on a bye week.

You will but I think the Donkeys could go all the way and probably go 13-3 or 14-2 or something mad like that so you could run up good numbers every week. You would have beaten about 12 teams this week with your score. Some very low scoring winners out there!!!

3 weeks in and I have played the highest scoring team EVERY week!
    I am 0-3 despite having the 3rd highest point total across the season so far.
    Who is up next? A 3-0 team, marvelous! :eek:

I think the game will change from here on out. Bye weeks will mean that we can't always pick our strongest team.

DBIreland wrote: »
    3 weeks in and I have played the highest scoring team EVERY week!
    I am 0-3 despite having the 3rd highest point total across the season so far.
    Who is up next? A 3-0 team, marvelous! :eek:

Been there , wore the t-shirt. Its rough alright. Hang in there! One year I was 1-5 and then won 6 from last 7 to make playoffs on 7-6.

Beaten at the line by Kerry Kings, super close game and even though Welker played out of his skin, Prater beat the spread by 3.... gutted.
    Down to 1-2 but another open game coming up. This is mad craic altogether

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Good game from D. Thomas, but not good enough. Ah well, I'm in good company at 1-2. #stillbetterthantheredskins

Beaten at the line by Kerry Kings, super close game and even though Welker played out of his skin, Prater beat the spread by 3.... gutted.
    Down to 1-2 but another open game coming up. This is mad craic altogether
    Hard luck, it was the first thing I checked this morning.

I picked Prater up early enough in the draft and so far he's been Money.

I'm 2-1 now so happy with the start. Hope Vernon Davis gets fit for next week though.

The great thing about playing fantasy football is the knowledge you get about players all accross the league and not just your own team. One season playing this and you will know all the players, their form, injuries, matchups, different types of offenses and who shuts down the pass or run well etc etc....you even know who are the clutch kickers. Its class.

Only thing is 6 hours straight of NFL redzone on a sunday night can leave your head in a spin at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

sorry raphael it was a close one - ingram was injured for me - which tbh wouldnt have made a difference as he hasnt run anything for the saints this year - DIRT!! had packers defense on the bench and they got 14 points last week which would have really boosted my score! 1-2 now - scored well the first week - nightmare in the second and now got my first win - booom! but kerry kings seem very good so gonna be 1-3 after this weekend! haha

sorry raphael it was a close one - ingram was injured for me - which tbh wouldnt have made a difference as he hasnt run anything for the saints this year - DIRT!! had packers defense on the bench and they got 14 points last week which would have really boosted my score! 1-2 now - scored well the first week - nightmare in the second and now got my first win - booom! but kerry kings seem very good so gonna be 1-3 after this weekend! haha

I felt for you when I saw how the packers defence did. Not for long, but a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

love the modest thought for me - but then competitiveness comes in and your like.... YES! YES! YES! haha!!
    As a new fantasy footy player this year and only been watching the nfl for the last 2 years - I have to say that im very green with scoring and picking some of the lower players - but im definately hooked now! it really improves your knowledge of players and plays and all! Roll on the weekend

• Advertisement

Good News - Barring my Spare Wide Receiver and Tight End losing me 20 points, The Racial Epithets are 2-2.

Bad News - I lost my QB and a RB to injury. Hope they do ok, and it might make me more screwed than I thought next week.

Up by 40 from the Super Donnelly's but this one is going to the wire....
    He has 3 to play with a projected 36 points, this is going to be close. But hopefully i'll get to 2-2 after this. Massive, massive game

But looks like Fingal Hail Mary's could be sitting pretty on 4-0 after the last matches after the Tomlinson's and Crushers dropped their first matches this week.
    But looks to be a good bundle of 2-2 coming out of this week, and a handful at 3-1 just to keep the pressure on.
    And a couple of teams looking to take their first W of the season; Wilfork for cash and Conso Bruisers, best of luck in the final game tomorrow evening.
    Hope everyone is enjoying it so far anyway

Got my ass handed to me this week. All bar my QB underperformed. No complaints though . Fair play to The Mongols. Even with all guys firing it would be hard to beat a score like that.

Reckon 8 wins is the magic number for a trip to the playoffs.

50 point beat down from Raphael.

2-2 now with the pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

.3 of a point down going into tonights game. RB vs RB. Thinking I could shade it but going to be on the edge of my seat watching it. Any thoughts about a possible meet up for the league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

.8 ahead with 8 mins left. Squeeky bum time for me

So after getting absolutely assaulted in that final game and losing by 3 to the evil Super Donnelly's, I can only look up from my 1-3 position. Daylight robbery at its very worst.....
    Anyway, Fingals's are sitting pretty with a perfect 4-0 with 5 teams chasing on 3-1 and 5 further back on 2-2.
    Still 2 teams looking for that elusive 1st win but never give up, only 4 weeks in and all to play for yet.
    But we should defo organise a meetup as well jonny, will post up about it soon. Feel free to fire in what sundays people are free as well.

I can only look up from my 1-3 position. Daylight robbery at its very worst.....

It'l be 2-3 this time next week. I've lost both my QBs (1 to injury, one to the bye) and 2 running backs (bye). My team is crippled this week.

Thanks Raphael, but i'm not taking anything for granted..... I may have a few gaps myself.
    Damn bye weeks

This is the only week that really wrecks me, I lose at most one starter from my current lineup in the others. Jake Lockers injury is going to mess me up much worse in the long run, he was starting to look really good. =(

But who's next in line to fill in for him though? Could be chance for 2nd/3rd string to get a run....

Hoyer is available...

There seems to be very little trading going on in the league. Or is this how these normally are?
    From reading NFL Fantasy articles you would be lead to believe that trading is a much bigger part of it. Almost nobody has filled in the trading block section for our league.

To get the ball rolling i am prepared to off load Jason Witten and/or CJ Spiller. Any interest?

Hoyer is available...

There seems to be very little trading going on in the league. Or is this how these normally are?
    From reading NFL Fantasy articles you would be lead to believe that trading is a much bigger part of it. Almost nobody has filled in the trading block section for our league.

To get the ball rolling i am prepared to off load Jason Witten and/or CJ Spiller. Any interest?

Might be interested in Spiller although his injury concerns me.

Hoyer is available...
    Not any more he isn't ;)

I went ahead and filled my trading block, if anyone wants to go and take a gander.

Raphael wrote: »
    Not any more he isn't ;)

I went ahead and filled my trading block, if anyone wants to go and take a gander.

me too. no lowball offers though.

• Advertisement

Reckon i've got my team as strong as its going to get this week and no gaps unless someone decides to get injured on me....
    Lets get that W

Don't be worried about Spillers injuries, i'm sure he will be fine. Over the worst of it I'm sure. :D

I've filled out my Trading Block further.

Good start to week 5 with Freddie Jackson running in 2 TD's and getting a solid 21.3 points. Nice.
    Although Bills Def only got 4.... damn projections were for 15!!!
    Lies, all lies

Not any more he isn't ;)

Forget Warren Sapp, you are the real QB Killer!

Forget Warren Sapp, you are the real QB Killer!

I must use my powers for good... By which I mean try and get my hands on Romo. :D

Not 1 TD this weekend.

Not by a my QB or RB or D or anyone (Except Sam Bradford who I decided stupidly to keep on the bench for Cam Newton!)

1 player left, a questionable Vernon Davis. Need a TD and 50+ yards from him, and I could still win thanks to the Cardinals D and Prater.

24 and 17 points respectively.

...By which I mean try and get my hands on Romo. :D

Romo got 40 points tonight, i wonder would ToonRaiders be still willing to trade him (he is on the trading block).

That was one hell of a game.

I'm so lucky i have so many Broncos :D

I notice some teams in week 5 were playing team members that were on byes or inactive.

Bad form lads.

On another League thread they are talking about a similar problem, there seems to be two rules designed to deal with this problem...
    4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

I would have lost this week but for someone playing an ineligible player so i'm not complaining.

• Advertisement

It is possible to just make a mistake, as well, or set your team on Tuesday before it's known/confirmed a player will be inactive - that's happened to me at least once.

The inactives are understandable if they are doubtful or game time decisions but not the byes.

I dunno, some of my players last week might as well have been on a sodding bye...

I'll be taking a look at this alright although having enough fun managing my own team without taking over 3-4 other teams as well.
    On a side note, finally got that elusive W to move up to the dizzying heights of 10th place.... And another close game ahead this week against the Tomlinsons.

Anyway, if teams are looking like they're careening towards an iceberg (metaphorically of course) send on details and i'll look to contact.

I'm in freefall and riddled with byes next week Paulo so you are the favourite. Wilfork and me are top of the pts against list so we seem to attract the high scoring teams so the odds are in your favour.

Plenty of FA out there for us all to improve our teams with but yeah, starting to get mixed up a bit now. The last of the perfect records are gone and its all to play for again.
    But looking at your team, if its based on projections (which count for snot these days) reckon it'll be to the wire. Its not like i got 4 adrian petersons yet alone 1

• Advertisement

Wow, lot of waiver activity overnight.

Raphael, nice work getting Gonzalez back. With Jones out he should get more targets.

I've been sweating bullets over that for the last week, really regretted dropping him. Dunno what I was thinking.

Your lucky you put him first in your waiver order, i was behind you waiting to grab him.

Which is precisely WHY I put him first in my waiver order =D

To stop wasting everybody's time The Peeping Tomlinsons are open for trades especially at WR. There is only so many rejections a guy can take.

Will consider offers for McFadden and Bell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement