Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Good result for the Bears last night and looks like Toonraider made good use of them with Marshall putting up a very respectible 20.7 points in the week.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I played the wrong Giants player last night. 7 points from Hakeem Nicks on the field, 23.4 from Brandon Jacobs on my bench. ****. I think that's gonna bite me in the ass.

I know what you mean Raphael, i didn't have anyone playing last night but i've been caught out from the thursday night games..... can be a right head job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Can't believe i lost that one! With Manning, J. Thomas and Decker against the Jags I thought i would be home and hosed!

Also lost Cobb to a serious looking injury.

Bad week :(

Back to back W's for a change.... but hard fought battle against setanta. Had an additional 20 points on the bench from the bears game but all worked out. Few big results as well from the division; GK and the Mongols looking good for 5-1 after an absolute battle with the Wet Bandits. Fingail Hail Mary's up there too at 5-1 with Tallaght Band looking good for it too and Super Donnellys still in a war against the k-dart crushers but looking likely to progress.
    Full updates to follow after the Monday night game

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Yeah good win for you as expected. I didnt expect my guys to do anything this week. Losing Julio Jones is a disaster. Theres just nothing left out there after 6 weeks. All the sleepers have been picked up by now. We are in a slump now. Hard to see where a win will come from.

Its all about bye weeks now and with some injuries coming surely squads will be digging deep.... its still all to play for. A glut of teams on 3-3 and even 4 on 5-1 but loads of little wins to be had

So Fingal Hail Mary's are sittin pretty atop the Division 8 league but with 3 other teams with them at 5-1 as well. Kerry Kings sitting just behind the lead pack with 4-2 and then 6 other teams at par of 3-3.
    Big congrats to Conso Bruisers who picked up their first win with just the wet bandits now looking for a first W....
    Week 7 has some interesting matchups with your very own GM taking on the high flying Fingal Hail Mary's.... LIVE on PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

PauloConn wrote: »
    the wet bandits now looking for a first W....

uggh....I predict a de-flowering. Bye Weeks are a bitch

Another interesting week in Division 8 and still the Vikings and the Giants to scrap it out tonight.
    Kap looks to have found his stride again, Luck battled Manning in a tight game and the Bears got scalped by the Redskins.....
    I'll give a brief update tomorrow when the scores are in

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in picking up a Tight End? Can't play two of them, so one of Jordan Reed or Tony Gonzalez is stuck on my bench.

All trade offers considered.

Lost 4 in a row ...aaaaarrrggghhh. The Tomlinsons are gonna unleash hell on some poor soul soon.

Hope Gonzalez helps turn the tide for you. Unless you're against me, naturally.

Also, is the a reward for most points on bench, bceause if there is, I think I'm winning. 67 points so far - I made poor choices =(

It is a pity you can't use a TE in the Flex position.

Can I get a trade vetoed please? I did offer Vick for Cutler three weeks ago (while Vick was still healthy) and forgot all about it. Cheeky fecker just accepted it now that Cutler is out for 4 weeks!

Commish, you're up! Happy to put it to a vote.

Hi Greebow, I understand your frustration but it is your team to manage. If you put the offer out there and don't retract it then it should stand.
    I could have every contract lawyer in the country coming down on my like a ton of bricks if i get involved but i would ask that managers act in good faith. You should put it back to the other manager and if we can't get a resolution then we may put it to a vote.....

And it's official..... everyone now has a W! Good work to the Wet Bandits who have shot off the bottom of the table.
    And now 2 teams stand alone at the top of the table at 6-1; GK and the Mongols and the Tallaght Bandits. Just behind them on 5-2 are the Fingal Hail Mary's and the Super Donnelly's with 5 teams nestled behind them on 4-3.
    It's still all to play for with some big games this week and a top of the table clash which will see 1 team go top of the mountain on their own.
    Exciting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

PauloConn wrote: »
    Hi Greebow, I understand your frustration but it is your team to manage. If you put the offer out there and don't retract it then it should stand.
    I could have every contract lawyer in the country coming down on my like a ton of bricks if i get involved but i would ask that managers act in good faith. You should put it back to the other manager and if we can't get a resolution then we may put it to a vote.....

I'd normally agree with you but the standard boards settings is a 2 day window before it's auto retracted.

Good man Paulo...Bring down the hammer ;-)

• Advertisement

Tough but fair. I'm in the market for a QB if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I voted against the trade, if enough players do it wont go through. While its not strictly against the rules its hardly fair. No-one picked up Amondola when one of the lads dropped him by accident, hardly seems in the spirit of the league to sit back and do nothing

jonnybadd wrote: »
    I voted against the trade, if enough players do it wont go through. While its not strictly against the rules its hardly fair. No-one picked up Amondola when one of the lads dropped him by accident, hardly seems in the spirit of the league to sit back and do nothing
    That's a fair point, I've added my vote.

Yeah, I vetoed too.

Lots of trades happening this week, makes it more interesting. Peeping Tomlinsons seem to be really strengthening with the addition of Tony Gonzalez and Brandon Marshall.

If people keep their Trading Blocks up to date it could lead to more trades.

I did also mention that managers should act in good faith and hopefully this will not need to go to a veto. I agree it does leave a bad taste which isn't what we want at all. I wasn't aware of the 2 day window either. Is this something i can adjust in the settings for the future.
    Please look to resolve this amicably....... either way it looks like a veto will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

Hold on, a trade is a trade. I took QB Dog Killer Vick for Smokin Jay Cutler. It's not my fault someone doesn't pay attention and manage his team properly. I don't care about bad taste etc. this is the internet, it's not as if I see or think about you people everyday. So man up, accept your mistake like an adult and stop whinging about it to cyber masses. You gotta learn from your mistakes. In time you'll thank me for the lesson. It's not a fair game when people club together and veto this trade. Viva Lavaman. YOLO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/nfl-fairplay
    In most scenarios, these transactions are completed with relative fairness to all owners. In some cases, however, there are owners who transgress the fair play guidelines of the game. Regardless of intention, these unfair league actions are prohibited.
    NFL.com Fantasy players are encouraged to be mindful and report/veto any one-sided trades, collusive decisions between owners or any other actions that impede players from engaging in a fair, competitive and, ultimately, fun environment.

I didn't veto because he complained, I veto'ed because what you did was contrary to the fair play guidelines in my opinion.

A healthy player (Vick) for one that may miss the rest of the season (Cutler) is 100% an unfair trade - therefor veto.

On top of that it was a pretty underhanded move on your part. This is boards.ie Division 8 league. The bottom rung! How are we meant to attract new players into leagues to play for fun if people take advantage of things like this.

Leaving your best player on the bench after a bye-week is a mistake that someone will learn from.

Having a trade that wasn't replied to so you presumed was rejected weeks ago come back to bite you in the arse (partly because the time limit wasn't set according to the Boards.ie FF guidelines) is not really something that will happen more than once anyway.

DBIreland wrote: »
    Lots of trades happening this week, makes it more interesting. Peeping Tomlinsons seem to be really strengthening with the addition of Tony Gonzalez and Brandon Marshall.

If people keep their Trading Blocks up to date it could lead to more trades.

After about 20 attempts finally managed to pop my trading cherry in this league. Happy enough but tempered due to the fact Cutler is going to be out for a while but after losing 4 in a row I had to try something drastic.

I'd like to thank both managers for resolving this issue, you have restored the leagues credibility and even though the trade was left out there you have shown true sportsmanship in coming to a resolution.
    You've all made me very proud today.
    Now back to business as usual

Uh, Paul, the trade went through this morning. The situation was certainly resolved, but I wouldn't exactly call the manner in which it occurred sportsmanship.

• Advertisement

The way i see it Raphael is that it all worked out, the trade was reversed, i know there were some grumblings but this is a case of contract law v nfl sportsmanship rulings and the sportsmanship won.....
    So massive sucess as far as i'm concerned. Now lets never talk of this again

But as far as I can see, the trade wasn't reversed. On the league website, I see that "Super Donnellys (Greebows team) traded Michael Vick QB - PHI to GK and The Mongols (randomClusters team) for Jay Cutler QB - CHI"

Vick is now showing up on GK and The Mongols' team page, Cutler is on Super Donnellys page. The trade went through, randomCluster now has Vick, and Greebow has no QB fit to play.

One of us is definitely mistaken about what happened, that much is for sure.

Raphael wrote: »
    But as far as I can see, the trade wasn't reversed.

Yeah, sorry folks. I am now the proud owner of an injured Jay Cutler!

Paul, happy to deal with this however you see fit, and I'd certainly appreciate a veto, but don't want to start an all out debate on sportsmanship. Hopefully I'll make the playoffs and me and Random can duke it out "on the field"!

Thanks to those that vetoed, and everyone take this as a lesson.

Close out your trades each week.

Now, back to football

There are some starting QB's available in FA, Henne/Ponder/Campbell. Though none of them have favorable matchups SF/GB/KC respectively.

If you fancy Thad Lewis, make me an offer!

Ponder isn't actually looking like starting this week. Clemens (Rams) is another option, though that's another bad matchup (Seahawks).

Freeman looks to be out with concussion, so either Ponder or Cassell will get a game (both of whom are available).
    Trading for someones backup might be your best bet but you would need to move soon so it can complete in time for Sunday.

If you can make it through the week, I'm open to an offer for Roethlisberger, though I need him this week to cover the Titans bye.

Cheers for the advice folks. I'll consult my all-knowing spreadsheet this evening and I may be getting in touch.

Apologies Raphael

When i saw it this morning i was of the impression that we had parity again. I was wrong.
    Greebow, I will change the teams this evening and restore Vick for Cutler.
    Once i find out how to either veto this trade or else it'll be manual change.

Order will be restored once i get out of work

Changes have hopefully been put through now.
    Super Donnelly's have Cutler and GK and the Mongols now have Vick.

• Advertisement

All sorted, thanks a million

Officially drawing a line under this now

Open Trades

Football!!!!

Anyone heading to London this weekend? I was at the Vikings game a few weeks ago and it was INCREDIBLE.

Head out to Wembley nice and early. The atmosphere is cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

Greebow wrote: »

Open Trades
    ______________________________________________.

This is bang out of order. Lynchmob mentality. I saw an opportunity to weaken a rival and strengthen my team. A rival slipped up and I capitalised, generally that's what happens in competitions. I took advantage of it and some people try to shame into unsportsmanlike conduct. Spare me the lecture. Basically if you cry and moan you get your way. I was offered a trade, I accepted, end of story. If this reversal stands it turns this division into a farce.

Alright everyone

I would have been of the opinion that if trades are left open then its a "seller beware" market. And i would have agreed with you randomCluster on this. However, when the site that provides the services gives what are essentially rules of conduct then we must abide by them. Its their site and their rules.
    In the real world i would have let the trade pass and said "let this be a lesson to everyone else, manage the trade blocks" but what can we do.
    Anyway, we all know how this works now, there isn't a lynchmob mentality, i'm sorry if you see if that way.
    The reversal is final, plenty still to play for so lets all focus on the 2nd leg of the season.

P

Greebow wrote: »

Open Trades

Football!!!!

Anyone heading to London this weekend? I was at the Vikings game a few weeks ago and it was INCREDIBLE.

Head out to Wembley nice and early. The atmosphere is cracking.

Yes Im heading early saturday morning. 4th trip so far. Looking forward to it. The rain could make it a run game. Either way the niners should win with a bit to spare but I'll be rooting for the underdog.

Pity about the mess over the trade. I can see both sides of the argument.

No winners here it seems. Would have to allow for the fact we are a new league also and there is a slightly different way of playing the game with the "boards" rules compared to other leagues we might be in. There was bound to be a few hiccups.

I know setanta, was hoping that things would go smoothly but we're bound to hit 1 or 2 little things like this.
    I hope it doesn't ruin anyones season is all so maybe we'll all be able to get along from here on in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Does anyone on this know ROZG3?

He's playing me this week and has 2 empty spots on his team.

If he doesn't fix something, would you mind taking over Paulo?

It would be unfair of me to get an easy (possibly) win, and i'd be a bit peeved if I got into the playoffs for example on the back of a win like this.

RozG3 is active, the spaces are due to a trade that completed this morning. I'm sure he will set his team up before Sunday.

Remember that the games start at 5 this Sunday instead of 6, for those late changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

After a slow start I think I may scrape through this week thanks to Romo and Megatron. All players from our matchup are now finished or in play so we should know in the next few hours who comes out on top

****ing Romo. ****ing Megatron. >: (

At least I'll be put out of my misery early

Edit: Oh, and ****ing Steelers also.

• Advertisement

.4 points of a difference. I need a drink after that.

Advertisement