Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Wow, when I said I may edge it I didn't think it would be that fine. Unlucky dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hey, it added tension and excitement back into an otherwise dissapointing evening of football (as a 'Skins and Steelers fan), so Im happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Fantasy Football is a cruel game.:(
    Over the first 8 weeks i average 105 points per week, pretty delighted with that. BUT, my opponents average 111 points per week!
    As a result i am 2-6.
    How can i be so unlucky every week??? :confused:

Looking at the Breakdown league almost causes me to breakdown! I am 1st in that league 95-25, 2 games ahead of anyone else.
    I'm 2nd in the Coach League Table.
    I'm 3rd in the True Table.
    I'm 14th in the Overall table! Yeah, 14th.

Anyway, onto week 9... Anyone looking to unload a defense cheaply???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I have the Lions D spare if you want. They are horribly inconsistent, scoring in double figures one week, then -1.0 last week.

Let me know if you want to trade for them anyway.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I have the Lions D spare if you want.

No use to me this week as they are on a bye. I'm just looking for one to cover my defenses bye week. Thanks for the offer though.

Raphael, you are sitting on 3 defenses. Any of them you are willing to let go on the cheap?

• Advertisement

DBIreland wrote: »
    No use to me this week as they are on a bye. I'm just looking for one to cover my defenses bye week. Thanks for the offer though.

Raphael, you are sitting on 3 defenses. Any of them you are willing to let go on the cheap?
    Sorry didn't even check!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Fantasy Football is a cruel game.:(
    Over the first 8 weeks i average 105 points per week, pretty delighted with that. BUT, my opponents average 111 points per week!
    As a result i am 2-6.
    How can i be so unlucky every week??? :confused:

Looking at the Breakdown league almost causes me to breakdown! I am 1st in that league 95-25, 2 games ahead of anyone else.
    I'm 2nd in the Coach League Table.
    I'm 3rd in the True Table.
    I'm 14th in the Overall table! Yeah, 14th.

Anyway, onto week 9... Anyone looking to unload a defense cheaply???

I was looking at that this morning. I agree. Its really tough to accept that considering how well your team is scoring. I suppose it is like real life though as sometimes teams just get really bad schedules and just get unlucky at the end of the day.

I always look at the breakdown league as that really is the best reflection of how good your team is and like you say you are top of the hill there.

Football is a cruel game. Suck it up

I was planning on waivering one of them away, but if you have a halfway decent WR/RB or K, I'd be open to trading for one.

Edit: Decker for a DEF of your choice?

Raphael wrote: »
    I was planning on waivering one of them away, but if you have a halfway decent WR/RB or K, I'd be open to trading for one.

Edit: Decker for a DEF of your choice?

Decker? Can't stretch that far. I'll take my chances on the waiver wire.

Looking to trade Rivers for a decent RB. He's got a nice run in to end the season with two games against the broncos (up to last week the worst pass D in the league) to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

So another week has kicked off and the Kerry Kings and Conso's Bruisers look to have taken the spoils of the Cincinatti @ Miami match with the Dolphins defense turning in a superb 22 points for....
    The Tallaght Band and Super Donnellys are in a top of the table clash with the other plum tie being the Fingal Hail Mary's taking on the Toonraiders.

Yeah pretty good start for me 22 points for Miami D (who i picked up as a FA this week because my 2 D's were on a Bye) and 12 for AJ Green (No TD's but still cannot complain)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

So, I think the trading deadline is coming up soon for Fantasy. Anyone have any last minute moves to make before the playoffs?

Greebow wrote: »
    So, I think the trading deadline is coming up soon for Fantasy. Anyone have any last minute moves to make before the playoffs?

There is a deadline? Did not know that.

I'm looking to offload Witten to any team in need of a TE. Also happy to let go any of the running backs except Lacy.

When do playoffs start and how many teams will be in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Anyone else having problems dropping a player? I'm trying to put in waiver but I get telling me that the player is not editable for that week. I don't have them assigned as "undroppable".

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before - I haven't.

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems dropping a player? I'm trying to put in waiver but I get telling me that the player is not editable for that week. I don't have them assigned as "undroppable".

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before - I haven't.

Yeah, i've been getting the same thing but i assumed it was because the game week was still active. Might be fixed by morning.

Ah that makes sense. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks.

I have fit again Cutler and Matt Ryan up for trade. Looking for high end defence or decent RB.

Just added Sproles to my Trading Block. Get him while he's hot! I'm interested in a WR or top end TE.

Just interested in seeing what type of offers I get. PM or use NFL.com.

3 teams @ 8-2 now after 10 (Super Donnelly, GK and the Mongols and The Fingal Hail Mary's) with Tallaght Bandits just off the pace at 7-3 and 3 more teams back at 6-4, so don't lose faith, still all to play for.
    Congrats to Portloaise Patriots for taking the Most Satisfying Player award with Drew Brees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

Looking for a qb. Will trade alshon Jeffery. Open to proposals, except Vick and Cutler.

Looking for a qb. Will trade alshon Jeffery. Open to proposals, except Vick and Cutler.

How about Jason Campbell, lighting it up for the Browns right now!

I have Matt Ryan.

Don't forget that the Trade deadline is next Friday the 22nd November.

On that note, if anyone wants a the 5th highest ranked TE (Jason Witten) then let me know. I need a starting RB or WR....

Portlaoise Patroits put forward a fairly lackluster team this week - You still with us nasty_crash?

Looks like I might have scraped this weeks game, which is a surprise, but it looks like I'll need a miracle to make the playoffs - even if I win my remaining games, I'll need a few people above me to lose all of theirs to be be in with a shot. Ah well.

Portlaoise Patroits put forward a fairly lackluster team this week - You still with us nasty_crash?

Looks like I might have scraped this weeks game, which is a surprise, but it looks like I'll need a miracle to make the playoffs - even if I win my remaining games, I'll need a few people above me to lose all of theirs to be be in with a shot. Ah well.

Doesnt look like he has logged in for a while. He still would have lost by about 50pts anyway if he had subbed in a few from his bench.

Reckon 8-5 is needed for playoffs and at that there could be ties.

True, he would have lost anyway with his bench, but with waivering away IR/IA players he could have made it a closer game, which will matter if there's a tie, since it gives his opponents a huge boost on points difference.

8-5 is about what I reckoned also. Best I can manage is 7-6, which wont cut it unless a few of the teams on 7s and 6s now lose games over the next 2 weeks

I agree. Its annoying.

Well, we have some crunch time games this week with GK and the Mongols (8-3) travelling to Fingal Hail Mary's (9-2) which should guarantee the winner a place in the playoffs.
    Super Donnelly's (8-3) are taking on Roebuck Racial Epithets (5-6) who are still in the hunt for a spot in the post season.
    Peeping Tomlinsons (7-4) will be hosting another ployoff contender in the 6&5 Kerry Kings and other 7-4 contenders Tallaght Band and ToonRaiders taking on 4-7 outsiders the Wet Bandits and RozG3 respectively.
    Another epic weekend of football ahead.....

• Advertisement

I'm hunting for a spot in the post season in much the same way that Elmer Fudd was hunting wabbits, but I appreciate the sentiment. =)

Never lose hope Raphael......

PauloConn wrote: »
    Well, we have some crunch time games this week with GK and the Mongols (8-3) travelling to Fingal Hail Mary's (9-2) which should guarantee the winner a place in the playoffs.
    Super Donnelly's (8-3) are taking on Roebuck Racial Epithets (5-6) who are still in the hunt for a spot in the post season.
    Peeping Tomlinsons (7-4) will be hosting another ployoff contender in the 6&5 Kerry Kings and other 7-4 contenders Tallaght Band and ToonRaiders taking on 4-7 outsiders the Wet Bandits and RozG3 respectively.
    Another epic weekend of football ahead.....

I think the Tomlinsons are going down. Lost some good players on the bye so that should keep it interesting for the last few playoff spots.

As an aside I think I just have one player in my lineup now from my original draft (which was auto because of the technical hitch) at the start of the year.

Have been scrambling all season on the wire and trades to get into the shakeup. Im tired man!!!!

I know setanta, its been a grueling campaign, especially when playing against a full panel, its really down to the 3rd and 4th string and hoping they get a good run. But it has been fun

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Anyone notice anything weird adding players this morning? Trying to do some tinkering, but all of the adds are coming up as waivers for next Wednesday!

Right so, I need the 9ers to concede a load of points with no sacks or turnovers. That could happen right?

• Advertisement

I need 3 Td's from Vernon Davis to keep my very slim playoff hopes alive after a terrible showing from my WR corps.

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Right so, I need the 9ers to concede a load of points with no sacks or turnovers. That could happen right?

So long as those points all get run in by Alfred Morris, I can totally get behind this.

So long as those points all get run in by Alfred Morris, I can totally get behind this.

Well it looked good for about 10 seconds there, looking like a snoozefest

Well that's a relief, it is offically now mathematically impossible for the Roebuck Racial Epithets to make the playoffs. Here's who still has a chance:

Fingal Hail Marys, Super Donnellys, GK and The Mongols & Peeping Tomlinsons are all guaranteed a playoff spot now. Congrats guys.

If Tallaght Band & Toonraiders can win their respective matches this week, they'll take the remaining two spots, but if either of them lose then things get a little more interesting...

If one of them lose, then any of Kerry Kings, East Kimmage Steelers & K-dary Crushers who can win their game will be able to duke it out with them for their spot.

So for anyone ranked above 9, your season's not over yet! And for anyone ranked under, please make sure to put the best team you can out this weekend - given that we may have a 5 way brawl over 2 spots coming, it's very important that everyone put up the best fight they can to keep things fair.

K-Dart Crushers and Portlaoise Patriots look like they had a cracking match, only 0.04 between them. That is as about as close as you can get. Add to that the fact that Crushers had 2 inactive players and Patriots had 4 inactive players and still won!

• Advertisement

Yikes, the Crushers must be kicking themselves after that one. They might well have cost themselves a spot in the playoffs from not waivering a defence or a kicker.

Its getting interesting alright although losing to the conso bruisers was a tough pill to swallow given that was the 2nd game he'd won this season. But couldn't have fielded a stronger team and has scuppered the playoff dream.....
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. enjoy the games tonight

We'll have the playoff timetable by this time tomorrow..... exciting times, if you've got a ticket to the ball

Sickened with myself with some of my selections.

Left the Miami D on the bench in favour of the better form Cardinals. Knew the Jets O is rubbish so strongly considered the change, but stayed loyal to the Cards. 12 extra points thrown away.

Had Ted Ginn on the bench as well, but I don't feel so bad, as I never considered Benching Crotchery or AJ Green for him.

Definitely wont make the playoffs now.

Yeah, know the feeling, i had a close one with Roz, only 2 points in it and most i could have taken in from the bench was 5 but wasn't to be.....
    mid table crash n burn

I dropped Decker for the first time this week but saw fit to leave Boykin on the team. Clever eh!

I know what you mean DB, there were a few exceptional players that ended up on the benches this week, but those are the breaks.

I just noticed there is a Consolation Playoff, sweet. I thought my season ended this last weekend!
    I have a bye which means no game this weekend but there is still something to play for.

And so the regular season ends..... some hearts have been broken over the last 13, its been a long road but big congrats to The Fingal Hail Mary's on securing top spot in the division with 11-2.
    The Mongols will take on the Tallaght Band in the first championship bracket and The Tomlinsons will take on K-Dart.
    The consolation bracket will see The Kerry Kings take on Roz and Roebuck will play off against the wet bandits.
    Good luck to all and thanks to everyone else who didn't quiet make it

Great season all round. Most of the 16 teams kept competitive. Really enjoyed it. Might see most of us in Division 7 next year anyway with dropouts above us. Anyway roll on the playoffs. What a scrap to get there. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement