Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which city to live in Australia

Options
  • 07-08-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am looking to travel to Australia early 2014 on a whv and have no idea which city to settle in, which would be better for work opportunities, not to high on living expenses etc. I had heard that perth was good for work but more so for manual / construction work. I have a degree in mathematics and 2 years experience working in statistics. I understand that im not going to walk into a job within my field but if anyone could give me advice on what city would offer the best opportunities that would be great.. or even let me know where I could find out more information..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne I would think.
    Have a look on seek.com.au and see where the most opportunities are.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dell2013 wrote: »
    2 years experience working in statistics
    May be worth your while checking if they have a section in Oz, or a sister company down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tomm86

Hey Dell2013,

I just sent you a PM with names of some recruiters that I dealt with earlier this year - wasn't sure if I could name them on forum...

Melbourne and Sydney have the most statistics/analytics work, I was told.

Advertisement