Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor has eFiber but Eircom wont connect me and we have verified with Eircom we ar

Options
  • 07-08-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for some help here.

My nextdoor neighbor has eFibre already installed and Eircom will not sell it to me because our addresses are different areas - Old houses.

If I PM you the next door neighbors phone number, who has fiber already installed and mine can you help?

Neighbors have Fiber installed already.  I dont even have half a meg DSL.
    I am closer to the cab than they are.
    I have a pain in my face talking to Eircom on the phone for the past 2 months.  They just wont listen.
    I even got another phone line installed, but its just off the same line that was already there and no Fiber on that.  I can even see the damaged phone line about 100M from my house.  There are no other cabs within 3 miles of us either and I have confirmed with Eircom tech support that I am on the same cabinet as a neighbor who is further away than me and got Fiber installed. I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me I should get it.  He said that the addresses where I live are all messed up.

But when I call Eircom "Computer says No".

What can I do?  They wont help me at all.  I dont know how else I can get them to understand.  I signed up with them on the promise of "Free upgrade to Fiber when it comes to your area." Well it is in my area and next door has it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

my issue is similar to this guy.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Broadband-efibre-or-joke/td-p/39366So

and this guys

touch.boards.ie/thread/2057004344/1/#post85890227

my issue is similar to this guy.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Broadband-efibre-or-joke/td-p/39366So

and this guys

touch.boards.ie/thread/2057004344/1/#post85890227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,
    I'm looking for some help here.

My nextdoor neighbor has eFibre already installed and Eircom will not sell it to me because our addresses are different areas - Old houses.

If I PM you the next door neighbors phone number, who has fiber already installed and mine can you help?

Neighbors have Fiber installed already.  I dont even have half a meg DSL.
    I am closer to the cab than they are.
    I have a pain in my face talking to Eircom on the phone for the past 2 months.  They just wont listen.
    I even got another phone line installed, but its just off the same line that was already there and no Fiber on that.  I can even see the damaged phone line about 100M from my house.  There are no other cabs within 3 miles of us either and I have confirmed with Eircom tech support that I am on the same cabinet as a neighbor who is further away than me and got Fiber installed. I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me I should get it.  He said that the addresses where I live are all messed up.

But when I call Eircom "Computer says No".

What can I do?  They wont help me at all.  I dont know how else I can get them to understand.  I signed up with them on the promise of "Free upgrade to Fiber when it comes to your area." Well it is in my area and next door has it.

Hi Mustard1972

If you would like to send me on your account details and a mobile contact for you and I will seek clarification on this issue. We may not have an update on this for you within 10 working days.

Thanks

Al

Thankyou Alan.
    Im going to PM you my details and details of my neighbors eFibre details and phone number and also a map with both houses marked on it,

Hi Alan,
    Is there any update on this?
    Was the google earth photo of the two houses showing that they are only 20 meters apart useful for you in getting to the bottom of this.
    Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,
    Is there any update on this?
    Was the google earth photo of the two houses showing that they are only 20 meters apart useful for you in getting to the bottom of this.
    Thanks for your help.
    Hi Mustard1972

I have sent this to the efibre operations team and I'm still awaiting feedback on this issue. As soon as I have an update I shall let you know.

Also, I've checked a few systems here and run a few tests and I can confirm that there all tests I have conducted confirm to me that efibe is unavailable to your line.

I will hopefully have an update soon and as soon as I do I will make contact with you here.

Thanks

Al

Hi Mustard1972

I have sent this to the efibre operations team and I'm still awaiting feedback on this issue. As soon as I have an update I shall let you know.

Also, I've checked a few systems here and run a few tests and I can confirm that there all tests I have conducted confirm to me that efibe is unavailable to your line.

I will hopefully have an update soon and as soon as I do I will make contact with you here.

Thanks

Al

hi Alan
    Thanks for your help on this.
    I'm aware that Eircom tests say my.line is not capable of getting fibre , but I'm sure you'll appreciate that when you put in my neighbours details which I sent you and marked the 2 houses 20 m away that it cannot be denied that fibre is "available in my area". and since I transferred to Eircom on the basis that I would be upgrade to fibre when it comes to my area, that you owe me a connection to eFibre. And you had no problem taking my phone line back from my original provider or taking my money from me on that basis.
    I have been on to support and sales numerous times and they won't even give me an incident number so that I can forward it on to Comreg.
    At least Alan you are trying to help, so thanks for that.

Hi Alan
    Do you have any update on this for me.
    Also COMREG are looking for a reference number for my complaints to Eircom, but on all of my calls to them they said they couldn't give me a reference number.
    Can you tell me how do I get a reference number?

Hi Alan
    Do you have any update on this for me.
    Also COMREG are looking for a reference number for my complaints to Eircom, but on all of my calls to them they said they couldn't give me a reference number.  
    Can you tell me how do I get a reference number?
    Hi Mustard1972

I have no update and I do not know when I will have an update. As advised, I will let you klnow as soon as we receive an update on this issue and at present it remain that eircom cannot offer you efibre broadband.

You would need to make an official complaint to our complaints department to get a reference number. The complaints department can be contacted on free phone 1800200481.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan,
    I think I have discovered the problem here if you can check it out for me.

My house is an old house and other houses have been built in the area.
    The post office have changed our address and others in the area in the last few years to be more in line with the rest of the houses on the road, but all of our utiilitie are still send to us using the old address.  The post man knows us so this has never been a problem before.  I suppse we should have updated the address with all of the utility companies, but we never got around to it.

I'll PM what the correct address of the house is and what the old address that we never gave a second thought to is.
    Can you check this out for me.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Alan,
    I think I have discovered the problem here if you can check it out for me.

My house is an old house and other houses have been built in the area.
    The post office have changed our address and others in the area in the last few years to be more in line with the rest of the houses on the road, but all of our utiilitie are still send to us using the old address.  The post man knows us so this has never been a problem before.  I suppse we should have updated the address with all of the utility companies, but we never got around to it.

I'll PM what the correct address of the house is and what the old address that we never gave a second thought to is.
    Can you check this out for me.
    Thanks.
    Hi Mustard1972

I have been looking through your case and the complaint that you logged on Friday. We have had a few customers as you have highlighted where neighbouing address' can avail of the efibre and some may not.

The problem is not the address listing as the lines are connected to the cabinet as per the cabinet grid lay outs which some times can a be a road dividing houses even within an estate. I am afraid the preliminary investigation shows your address is under a different cabinet to the neighbours number you posted to Al.

However if you want to PM me with the amended address I can double check that for you.

Mark 

Hi Mustard1972

I have been looking through your case and the complaint that you logged on Friday. We have had a few customers as you have highlighted where neighbouing address' can avail of the efibre and some may not.

The problem is not the address listing as the lines are connected to the cabinet as per the cabinet grid lay outs which some times can a be a road dividing houses even within an estate. I am afraid the preliminary investigation shows your address is under a different cabinet to the neighbours number you posted to Al.

However if you want to PM me with the amended address I can double check that for you.

Mark 

Hi Mark
    I pm'd that detail to you the other day. if you can't find it let me know and I'll pm it again.
    Can you check what cabs we are both on because we are the last cab from the exchange. there aren't any others for miles.
    Also your tech support checks for me before and verified we are both on the same cabinet, so if you can let me know what the cabs are if they are different that would be great.
    thanks again for the help.

Hi Mustard1972

Mark 

Hi Mark
    I pm'd that detail to you the other day.  if you can't find it let me know and I'll pm it again.
    Can you check what cabs we are both on because we are the last cab from the exchange. there aren't any others for miles.
    Also your tech support checks for me before and verified we are both on the same cabinet, so if you can let me know what the cabs are if they are different that would be great.
    thanks again for the help.

Hi Mustard1972

I am still following up on your issue. Sorry about the wait I should have some news by the end of the week.

Mark

Hi Mustard1972

I am still following up on your issue. Sorry about the wait I should have some news by the end of the week.

Mark

Thanks Mark

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark
    Did you get any update on this.
    Can you supply me the number and location of the cabinet that myself and my neighbour are on if they are different.
    COMREG have told me that I will need them.
    Thanks again.

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark
    Did you get any update on this.
    Can you supply me the number and location of the cabinet that myself and my neighbour are on if they are different.
    COMREG have told me that I will need them.
    Thanks again.

Hi Mustard1972

As far as I am aware at the moment the cabinets seem to be the same. however I am still waiting on an update / confirmation.

Mark

So is there any news on this or are we just wasting time.
    Wouldnt it be far easier to send an engineer out to my house to figure this out?
    He could test the lines,  or just to the cabinet to connect it up,  test the neighbours lines and maybe get you some more customers since you seem to be refusing service to half the houses in the area, but giving it to others.

Hello Mark,
    Is there any news on this?
    We havent heard anything from you in over a week.
    COMREG said someone from Eircom would be in contact with me too, which they havent.  Or does this thread count as contact with Eircom for COMREG purposes?

Hello Mark,
    Is there any news on this?
    We havent heard anything from you in over a week.
    COMREG said someone from Eircom would be in contact with me too, which they havent.  Or does this thread count as contact with Eircom for COMREG purposes?

hi Mark
    How about an update or preferably a resolution.
    so far we have established that myself and the neighbours are on the same cabinet. so the condition made with me when eircom persuaded me to move from Vodafone to Eircom, of free upgrade to efibre when it comes to my area has not been met by Eircom.
    What happens next?

• Advertisement

Hello.
    can someone from Eircom follow up on this please?

Hello.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Great to see Eircom's customer service still at the same heady levels as ever.

Hello.

Hi Mustard1972

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have been trying to get some information from our networks team.

They confirmed that the efibre service is not available at your address. I have been trying to get clarification as to why that is the case. Given the information you provided which I sent on the escalation.

I have been advised that "the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Believe me I fully understand how vague the response is, I outlined clearly all the information you provided in your PMs. I have not got back to the thread as I have been checking every avenue.

However it is not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

I am sorry I could not get back with better news.

Mark 

Hello.

Hi Mustard1972

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have been trying to get some information from our networks team.

They confirmed that the efibre service is not available at your address. I have been trying to get clarification as to why that is the case. Given the information you provided which I sent on the escalation.

I have been advised that "the efibre service is not guaranteed to any address, there are network, cabling and distance issues that can affect availability. There can individual factors for each address and the networks team investigated and stated the service is not available at the address".

Believe me I fully understand how vague the response is, I outlined clearly all the information you provided in your PMs. I have not got back to the thread as I have been checking every avenue.

However it is not possible to check every customers request to the specific reasons as to why the service is not available.

Mark 
    Hi Mark.
    So where do we go from here, given that Eircom signed me up from Vodafone on the basis that I would get "a free upgrade to eFibre when it becimes available in my area".
    First Eircom say "I am not on an enabled exchange" - We rubbished that lie.
    Then they said "I am not on an enabled cabinet" - We rubbished that one too.
    Now they come back with the vaguest response ive ever heard.
    Clearly Eircom have soigned me up under false pretenses and owe me an eFibre connection.
    You need to keep up your side of the deal here.
    I think you should arrange for an engineer visit to fix this issue.  It is clearly a fault on your phone line.  Something that is within your power to fix, so that you can hold up your end of the deal.

Hello.

Hi Mustard1972

Mark 
    Hi Mark.
    So where do we go from here, given that Eircom signed me up from Vodafone on the basis that I would get "a free upgrade to eFibre when it becimes available in my area".
    First Eircom say "I am not on an enabled exchange" - We rubbished that lie.
    Then they said "I am not on an enabled cabinet" - We rubbished that one too.
    Now they come back with the vaguest response ive ever heard.
    Clearly Eircom have soigned me up under false pretenses and owe me an eFibre connection.
    You need to keep up your side of the deal here.
    I think you should arrange for an engineer visit to fix this issue.  It is clearly a fault on your phone line.  Something that is within your power to fix, so that you can hold up your end of the deal.
    Hi Mustard1972

I checked every avenue I could.  I can not take the query any further from here. Unless you want to try escalate the case through the efibre team 1800 661 622.

Mark

I'd escalate to ComReg if I were you.

rovoagho wrote: »
    I'd escalate to ComReg if I were you.

I have.
    i hope comreg arent happy to let Eircom enter into contracts and steal customers from other providers and then just ignore their side of the contract.
    I want them to force Eircom to keep their side of the contract and not just release me from my side of it to solve this. I have kept my side of the contract and paid good money to Eircom. now Its time for them to honour their side and they won't.
    that's just not on.

Absolutely. You have a supporter here anyway, well done and keep at it.

• Advertisement

WOW!!

Best of luck OP. Keep posting your progress.

How I wish I had read this forum and all the unhappy customers before I signed up to Eircom.

This lack of customer support is actually unbelievable! 

Ive tried to get somewhere with my own problems in the last few days but it seems Im in for the long haul!!! And Im twice as bad as Ive a problem with Emobile too!!

Are all ISP like Vodafone etc. like this too?

Advertisement