Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor has eFiber but Eircom wont connect me and we have verified with Eircom we ar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

rovoagho wrote: »
    I'd escalate to ComReg if I were you.

I have.
    i hope comreg arent happy to let Eircom enter into contracts and steal customers from other providers and then just ignore their side of the contract.
    I want them to force Eircom to keep their side of the contract and not just release me from my side of it to solve this.  I have kept my side of the contract and paid good money to Eircom. now Its time for them to honour their side and they won't.
    that's just not on.

Hi Mustard1972

I fully appreciate why you wish to take the matter further.

I am sorry I was not able to get the information or resolution you were looking for.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

TheTorment wrote: »
    WOW!!

Best of luck OP. Keep posting your progress.

How I wish I had read this forum and all the unhappy customers before I signed up to Eircom.

This lack of customer support is actually unbelievable! 

Ive tried to get somewhere with my own problems in the last few days but it seems Im in for the long haul!!! And Im twice as bad as Ive a problem with Emobile too!!

Are all ISP like Vodafone etc. like this too?
    They all have to go through Eircom.  Eircom is the bottleneck and effectively still have a monopoly on their hpone network in this country.
    If you go to Vodafone, they ask Eircom to connect you.  Eircom say not possible and Vodafone just tell you that Eircom are the problem, nice try goodbye.
    The problem here is that Eircom have total control of the phone lines.  The only thing that is split out is who you pay your bill to.
    If Eircom arent interested in fixing your phone line then its tough luck, no matter who the reseller is.
    Disgraceful situation.
    And to make matters worse if you wanted to order eFibre you have to order an Eircom phone line, get it connected and enter a 12 month contract for a phone you dont even want.  Only then will Eircom test the line and if you still cant get eFibre they will still charge you for the 12 months for the phone line you never wanted on the first place.  They will make no attempt to troubleshoot any problems on your line for eFibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Satriani99

Hi,
    I'm looking for some help here.

My nextdoor neighbor has eFibre already installed and Eircom will not sell it to me because our addresses are different areas - Old houses.

If I PM you the next door neighbors phone number, who has fiber already installed and mine can you help?

Neighbors have Fiber installed already.  I dont even have half a meg DSL.
    I am closer to the cab than they are.
    I have a pain in my face talking to Eircom on the phone for the past 2 months.  They just wont listen.
    I even got another phone line installed, but its just off the same line that was already there and no Fiber on that.  I can even see the damaged phone line about 100M from my house.  There are no other cabs within 3 miles of us either and I have confirmed with Eircom tech support that I am on the same cabinet as a neighbor who is further away than me and got Fiber installed. I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me I should get it.  He said that the addresses where I live are all messed up.

But when I call Eircom "Computer says No".

What can I do?  They wont help me at all.  I dont know how else I can get them to understand.  I signed up with them on the promise of "Free upgrade to Fiber when it comes to your area." Well it is in my area and next door has it.
    Hope you got your e-fiber because Thelinor aka KN networks just let go most of there install engineers 
    from galway to letterkenny no sure whats up 

Advertisement