Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPhone 4S suddenly no signal bars?

• 07-08-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

No signal or coverage all of a sudden. Tried the sim change, turning off, and factory reset. All to no avail. The meteor logo still appears in left hand corner but no bars .
    Am I in trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Can you still make a call even if there are no visible bars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Did you buy it off someone or forget to pay your bill ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Bought it off someone...... Cannot make any calls or texts. Reckon it could be blacklisted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Did you buy it from somebody you know? If it's on Apple's blacklisted database then there's little you can do unless the seller is willing to refund.

Don't know the person I bought it from. The phones Internet data is still working for me but no calls. Does this sound like blacklisted material? Could it be the antennae?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Sounds very like the phone has become blacklisted I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Did you get it with the original box, headphones and charger?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Passenger wrote: »
    Did you buy it from somebody you know? If it's on Apple's blacklisted database then there's little you can do unless the seller is willing to refund.

There is no apple blacklist database.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Did you get it with the original box, headphones and charger?.

Even with all that there is literally no hope of getting the blacklist removed

called meteor and my phone is blacklisted.
    The joys of buying off Donedeal eh.....
    What are my options now regarding selling? Am I limited to US market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

muint wrote: »

Not sure, you could well be in possession of stolen property.

I could be but I have it a year so I'd say the registered owner just didn't pay his bill.
    Tough luck on me.
    Thanks for all your replies anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

My IPhone 4S has started acting up in the last 6 weeks. I have tried all of the above to get the bars up. Meteor shop tells me it's the Antenna, I have the phone since November 2010 and I bought it online from the apple shop. I have to go outside my house with the phone so as people can hear me. I feel like I am getting the run around. How long should one of these phones last before they give trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

muint wrote: »

Once you have had the kill signal I don't think the phone is usable anywhere.

ads20101 wrote: »
    Once you have had the kill signal I don't think the phone is usable anywhere.

It will work in other countries. I've read posts here before saying it the blacklist sometimes only blocked certain networks and it would still work on others in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Anyone know why I have a bad signal with Meteor, I forgot to say on my post that Meteor chat helpline told me to replace Sim card, the guy at the Meteor shop could not understand this advice as I only moved to Meteor last November and I got a new Sim then. The new Sim last week did not solve anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

guil wrote: »
    It will work in other countries. I've read posts here before saying it the blacklist sometimes only blocked certain networks and it would still work on others in ireland

This definitely used to be the case. I've heard conflicting reports about whether it's still true.

Advertisement