Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen prawns as bait - rock fishing

Options
  • 07-08-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm just wondering are frozen prawns ( Aldi's frozen prawns / king prawns) any good for rock fishing? If so what is the best way to fish them and for what species? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm just wondering are frozen prawns ( Aldi's frozen prawns / king prawns) any good for rock fishing? If so what is the best way to fish them and for what species? Thanks in advance.

Better to net/collect some live fresh shrimp for FREE from any of the thousands of rockpools around the coastline on a low tide.

Also some fresh muscle too and live peeler crab,from under the rocks.

Remember to put the rocks back in the exact same way that you found them.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

For convenience they can be handy.

I have used the whole type (inc legs and head) from Chinese supermarkets in the past as a backup bait or as a tipping bait. Off the rocks have had Pollock and wrasse on them.

Not as productive as fresh crab but on days when the fish are really on and you run out of bait they have their place.

Advertisement