Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Music All Access live in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BopNiblets wrote: »
    If you add stuff to My Library from this will it stay there after the free trial ends? :)

Itll stay there as long as youre subscribed. Otherwise its just free music :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Strange thing to say but I want to wait before this comes out on iOS before I subscribe. Cant live without it, its why I'm using rdio right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can you do this?

Any idea how?

Google made a hash with ids of some of my more underground shtuff....
    Hi,
    apologies only seeing your post now.
    A lot of my old music I have on the cloud is from the days of getting a song off your friend without worrying about Copyright and all that stuff.
    So a lot of it didn't have album art.
    You go to Google Music and you click edit and it will allow you to edit everything including the album art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Condi wrote: »

its remarkable because they're effectively pirates and the infrastructure is all they have to pay for. Most of Spotify's revenue ends up back with the record companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Condi wrote: »

ADD: Reading through this thread and others on the net, it appears the service is streaming fine for other users :(

No problems streaming here either ok mobile. Had it streaming in hq for about 5 or 6 hours worth of driving the last few days, even saving the tracks onto device while streaming hasn't impacted quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

I'm having an issue with the Play All Access & it's driving me nuts. I notice I'm not the only one either. I get the following message "unsupported payment method" no what card I try and pay with, therefore am unable to activate a subscription
    This has to be related to when I tried to get access to the services' free US trial a couple of months ago (but failed). I have removed any US addresses from Google Wallet, and then removed my cards and re-added them.Nothing is working so far. If anyone has found a way around it, please do share!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Try removing your Google account completely from the phone then re-adding it.

Thanks, but it's happening on the desktop anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Obskure wrote: »
    Thanks, but it's happening on the desktop anyway!

It seem that anyone who signed up using a vpn before is having the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There does seem to be a big more choice music wise on Google Access - was surprised to see the full Oasis catalogue there when there's nothing on Spotify.

nedd wrote: »
    It seem that anyone who signed up using a vpn before is having the same problem.

That would include me too! I don't really want to have to use a different account, just for the sake of All Access if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Gonna spend some time fixing my album art for all my music in the cloud :)

It seems to pick all album art well all on it's own mate ;-) Also, if I sign up now and cancel and then sign up again down the line will I still get it for €7.99 a month guys!? I know, I know......I'm just trying to cover all bases as dunno if I can really afford it right now.....

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    It seems to pick all album art well all on it's own mate ;-) Also, if I sign up now and cancel and then sign up again down the line will I still get it for €7.99 a month guys!? I know, I know......I'm just trying to cover all bases as dunno if I can really afford it right now.....

Cheers,
    M
    I've seen on Android Central that a guy managed to sign up for the $7.99 price using a prepaid credit card so when the trial was up he got an email from Google saying they couldn't get the money out ie wasn't anything left on the card and I've yet to see what happens but the idea is that Google will put everything on "hold" until they can get the money. So you change your Card details whenever you're ready and that should keep it at the promotional price!

Edit: Gonna try find that thread, raging I didn't bookmark it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I'm not interested in streaming but I see that I can upload my music collection to google's cloud. Can this be used as a backup? If I upload can I download the tracks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Discodog wrote: »
    I'm not interested in streaming but I see that I can upload my music collection to google's cloud. Can this be used as a backup? If I upload can I download the tracks?

You can alright, to a degree with the phone, and using the PC client you can also, I believe there may be a limit though - twice a year or something, not quite sure, I put mine up a few weeks ago, it's so bloody handy for listening anywhere!

Fieldog wrote: »
    You can alright, to a degree with the phone, and using the PC client you can also, I believe there may be a limit though - twice a year or something, not quite sure, I put mine up a few weeks ago, it's so bloody handy for listening anywhere!
    The limit is 20,000 songs regardless of their size. Be they 100kb or 10mb. So if you really wanted to you could stitch some songs together to save space but I highly doubt you'll ever get near 20,000 songs.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Exactly, upload as many songs as you like (20k is the limit) via the PC client and you can acess them via the Android app. You can stream them via the app and download them from another PC to save space or whatever. The idea is for Nexus devices with their internal storage, ie all your pictures and videos on Google+ Auto Backup and your music on Google Play Music.

I've seen on Android Central that a guy managed to sign up for the $7.99 price using a prepaid credit card so when the trial was up he got an email from Google saying they couldn't get the money out ie wasn't anything left on the card and I've yet to see what happens but the idea is that Google will put everything on "hold" until they can get the money. So you change your Card details whenever you're ready and that should keep it at the promotional price!

Edit: Gonna try find that thread, raging I didn't bookmark it.

Any luck finding this mate? I am gonna take the plunge and try the free trial today....may as well!!

Cheers,
    M

Any luck finding this mate? I am gonna take the plunge and try the free trial today....may as well!!

Cheers,
    M
    I haven't found the thread, haven't tried looking tbh :pac:
    I've a 3V card that may still be valid and I'll try it with that.
    Then I'll have 70 days Rdio prepaid, 2 months Spotify and 1 month All Access lol

I haven't found the thread, haven't tried looking tbh :pac:
    I've a 3V card that may still be valid and I'll try it with that.
    Then I'll have 70 days Rdio prepaid, 2 months Spotify and 1 month All Access lol

Happy days! I took the plunge and am now enjoying All Access ;-)

Happy days! I took the plunge and am now enjoying All Access ;-)
    That's great!
    If you save a song for offline listening will that be up in the cloud and counted as 1 of your 20,000? I want All Access but at the same time I want to wait lol

That's great!
    If you save a song for offline listening will that be up in the cloud and counted as 1 of your 20,000? I want All Access but at the same time I want to wait lol

Anything that you upload will count towards your 20,000. Anything else you save for offline listening etc. using 'All Access' will not be counted towards your 20,000 :-)

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

That's great!

Songs purchased (or obtained free) from the Google Music store are added to your "personal" cloud along with the up to 20,000 songs uploaded from a PC.

All Access is a streaming service - you can store songs offline on a smartphone etc but they will be deleted upon expiration of a subscription to All Access.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Songs purchased (or obtained free) from the Google Music store are added to your "personal" cloud along with the up to 20,000 songs uploaded from a PC.

All Access is a streaming service - you can store songs offline on a smartphone etc but they will be deleted upon expiration of a subscription to All Access.
    Anything that you upload will count towards your 20,000. Anything else you save for offline listening etc. using 'All Access' will not be counted towards your 20,000 :-)

Cheers,
    M
    Thanks to both of ye.
    So if I make a playlist on my phone using say a mix of my own music and streaming music will it be available across all my devices via the app?
    Sooo tempted to take the plunge!

Thanks to both of ye.
    So if I make a playlist on my phone using say a mix of my own music and streaming music will it be available across all my devices via the app?
    Sooo tempted to take the plunge!

Yep.....you can access it on your phone and your tablet and a PC. On the mobile devices it will stream the tracks from the cloud if they are not already on the phone\tablet. I just took the plunge for All Access and love it so far!!

Cheers,
    M

I am one of the people who got the free trial when it was in the US. I didnt bother keeping my subscription going at the time.

I wanted to give it another go and was having trouble because my CC is Irish. I logged onto Google Wallet and changed the address on my CC to the us and just signed up to the US All Access for ~€7.50. So its cheaper than the Irish version and seems to be working fine.

• Advertisement

The one feature that I think the Play Music app really needs is the ability to upload music directly from your mobile device. Eg, you got a song via other means (wasn't purchased) or you have some music already on your phone, you should be able to just upload it to Google Play Music and then stream from all your devices.

The one feature that I think the Play Music app really needs is the ability to upload music directly from your mobile device. Eg, you got a song via other means (wasn't purchased) or you have some music already on your phone, you should be able to just upload it to Google Play Music and then stream from all your devices.

That would be handy alright. I rarely use the PC I have Music Manager installed on so every few weeks I have a batch of music to upload. I could have uploaded each new album as I get it.

nedd wrote: »
    That would be handy alright. I rarely use the PC I have Music Manager installed on so every few weeks I have a batch of music to upload. I could have uploaded each new album as I get it.
    I've a load of songs to upload still, hopefully they'll add that feature soon.
    I've 1,873 uploaded in total.

Oh well.....we now know for sure ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone know where the cross fade is?

Also anyone know how to delete downloaded music without using a pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

I can't access the free trial when I try I'm diverted to the price in pounds and it won't let me further help please

I'm officially cancelling my contract. It's just not better than spotify. I tried to justify it but in the end it's just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I cancelled Spotify about a week after I started using All Access. There's not much in it really but the UI is much better IMO and it's handy having my library in the same app.

• Advertisement

Craigels wrote: »
    I can't access the free trial when I try I'm diverted to the price in pounds and it won't let me further help please

Any luck with this, Craigels? I'm still caught. Doesn't look like I'll be able to avail of the early bird discount, as I am too redirected to the Stg£ price.

I still can't access it on the euro price. I changed the address of my CC to a random Post Code in the US and got signed up that way. It is working out more or less the same price as the early bird price. $9.99 is about €7.70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Lads did anyone ever manage to sub to all access after? Im getting the unsupported payment type as well having used vpn before to buy the nexus4

celticsfan wrote: »
    Lads did anyone ever manage to sub to all access after? Im getting the unsupported payment type as well having used vpn before to buy the nexus4

Still no luck. I can swap my account to UK and be presented with the UK play store, apps priced in stg£. Play music would then let me use my payment method for the free trial @ a cost of £7.99 p/m. When I switch back to €uro, Play Music offers the trial in stg£ but if I opt to pay, I get the error again. Looks as though I'll have to use a separate account just for Play Music all access! Can't find another way around this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

The Google Music player has to be one of the worst players out there. Downloaded it a month ago. Uninstalled an hour later. Non responsive and the album covers were both inaccurate and 8bit quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Obskure wrote: »
    Still no luck. I can swap my account to UK and be presented with the UK play store, apps priced in stg£. Play music would then let me use my payment method for the free trial @ a cost of £7.99 p/m. When I switch back to €uro, Play Music offers the trial in stg£ but if I opt to pay, I get the error again. Looks as though I'll have to use a separate account just for Play Music all access! Can't find another way around this...

Yea Im the same bud,i thought i had it sorted when i got my app prices to appear in euros,only to go to the option to sub to all access and be presented with a £ symbol and and error message,done the same with $ and still showing as £7.99 when trying to sub.. So tonight i just got fed up and set my play account back to pounds so subbed for £7.99,tried spotify as well the past week but the app is just really poor..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

pajopearl wrote: »
    The Google Music player has to be one of the worst players out there. Downloaded it a month ago. Uninstalled an hour later. Non responsive and the album covers were both inaccurate and 8bit quality.

The thumbnails on your own music are uploaded from your own collection, if they're poor quality it's because that's the way they are. Uninstalling it after an hour means you didn't give it a chance, it's had lots of updates in the first few weeks. It's all I use now when out and about, it caches the last 100 played songs locally so you can play them anytime. It's a lovely polished app, miles better than the Spotify app.

Has anyone tried xbox music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I gave it a go Alpha Dog. As i own all Android devices i will stick to all access i think however (and its €2 cheaper).

I believe Xbox has 30 million songs compared to Spotify's and Google's 20 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I signed up yesterday as I have an Xbox at home but I haven't tried the Android app yet. Am i right in saying that the PC version is only Windows 8 or Windows RT? I have Win 7 and an XP machine and cant seem to find it to get it on the PC.

Once I give it a few weeks (it has a 30 day free trial) I will post back on what I think of it.

BTW I find Google Music brilliant
    I have a shared Gmail account set up so everyone in the house can use our music library and I have signed up to the All Access trial so will asses once the 30 days comes up to see if we want to keep it. I have used the Radio function a bit and its been great so far.
    We loaded up 6000+ songs and some had crappy album art attached but I have gone in to the application and edited the covers of some of them and some details and now most of my collection looks stunning in the app both on a PC and Android.

It takes a while to go through all the album art but with my OCD for all things tech I will get there eventually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

tui0hcg wrote: »
    I have Win 7 and an XP machine and cant seem to find it to get it on the PC.

Try http://music.xbox.com/

It is browser based like all access.

I actually deleted my 20,000 songs so i could tag them properly and attach a decent resolution image to every song. It is taking me awhile but Mp3Tag is a great piece of software.

• Advertisement
Advertisement