Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo towns to live in

Options
  • 07-08-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

I may have the opportunity to work in Sligo soon.
    I am not from Sligo & was looking at towns in south Sligo to live in, as they would be nearer to where I am from.

Is there any you would recommend, Tobercurry, Curry, Ballymote or any other areas. I have heard mixed reviews about Tobercurry but dont know how true they are.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

ballymote and its a nice town, it's got everything you need and is friendly. Just stay away from tower hill housing estate

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    ballymote and its a nice town, it's got everything you need and is friendly. Just stay away from tower hill housing estate

Thanks for the heads up about tower hill

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

What about Charlestown or Collooney. Personally I'd stay clear of Ballymote, never liked that town just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Roger00 wrote: »
    What about Charlestown or Collooney. Personally I'd stay clear of Ballymote, never liked that town just my opinion.

Ya would be open to both those towns, have you much experience of them

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

I hear that Ballygawley is good as well. Its a nice quiet village with lovely people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

personally I'd give Collooney a whirl. Close to town on the dual carriageway, train station, decent few wee shops and pubs but retains its village character.

Advertisement