Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building cost for an en-suite?

Options
  • 07-08-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi guys. I have a query for any builders out there.
    I want to build an en-suite in my bedroom. A friend of mine has one in a 6foot by 5 foot space so I would aim for this size. This would include a shower, toilet and wash basin.
    Now to fund this i will be talking to my friendly Credit Union. What I need to know is a rough ballpark figure of the cost of doing this.
    Ok, any and all suggestions are welcome.
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Cost and how easy it is to do will depend on the configuration of the house and where the waste pipes would go etc... It might be quite easy or could be a complete pain.

I would guess around 5k, but that's purely a guestimate...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jet007

It will be next door to the main bathroom so I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to hook up to the existing services.
    Actually I've just thought wiring for the electric shower may be tricky as I assume this will need a dedicated power supply.
    Thanks anyway DD :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

the cost will depend on what sanitary and tiles you choose. The cost different can be massive across the ranges.

Oh, it wont be fancy. Pretty mush the cheapest I can get :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

Jet007 wrote: »
    Actually I've just thought wiring for the electric shower may be tricky as I assume this will need a dedicated power supply.
    If there is an existing electric shower, power supply may be an issue.

Shape will also be an issue.

• Advertisement

Hi Victor
    Yes there is an existing electric shower and how will the shape matter ?
    It will probably be square or rectangular..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jet007 wrote: »
    how will the shape matter ?
    It will dictate the area of wall, finishes and size of shower screen, length of piping, amongst other things.

I did give the dimensions in the original post :-)))

Maybe if someone has done a similar job they might have a rough idea of the cost :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Serlokas

If the outside wall of the en-suite has a waste pipe hung as some houses do Approx cost would be 2k labour. if not, then another 700 for ground-works/ floor-works. Exact price can be made after a visit. so the first post of around 5k all in was right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement