Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"See posts I've reported"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Beasty wrote: »
    I really don't see why the reporter should get any more info than any other regular user. If the post warrants a card they can see it. If the post is deleted they will see it's not there. If the poster gets a warning PM it's none of the business of the person who reported it. The reporter will also see any other message the mod makes in-thread

Asking mods to PM with details of action taking is, tbh, a lot of hassle (it would probably drive the Soccer Mods mad for example, and then the rules lawyers will be dissecting every fine details when they see the remotest inconsistency) - If the reporter considers it serious enough they can PM the mod anyway

Lets say for example I report someone I believe to be spamming/shilling and nothing is done about it. A pm explaining that the person has permission to link their website or that the posters are in fact separate etc would affect the way I post/not post in that thread.

I never suggested it be mandatory or that it happen in all fora, just that if the OP doesn't tell the mod that they would like feedback how is the mod to know?

Advertisement