Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stranger beetles in house booklice... carpet beetles??

Options
  • 08-08-2013 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

basically they seem to be all over house.. not in huge number but if you look enough, often see them scurrying :s. they are teeny tiny and black (although there are some really microscopic light greyish ones, presuming juveniles or something)

any ide what they are? they seem to hang around in drawers, skirting boards, shelves....
    have carpets on floors btw..

btw also have 2 dogs + one cat, with one dog been very itchy/scratchy lately, wondering if is related to these buggers, I think I have a few bites myself, although could be paranoia more then anything.

I have one photo I took there 2 mins ago, found in a drawer, sorry about poor quality photo, btw bugs seem to have atenea/mouthparts.. think they are either carpet bugs or booklice.. no idea though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Can't make them out in your pic, possibly silverfish?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

ScottStorm wrote: »
    Can't make them out in your pic, possibly silverfish?
    Looked at your pic again still can't see anything so probably smaller than silverfish so likely lice or fleas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

ScottStorm wrote: »
    Looked at your pic again still can't see anything so probably smaller than silverfish so likely lice or fleas.

Not silverfish or lice I dont think. Looks like fleas to me, but I didnt think they lived in drawers etc. ants?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

definitely not ants/fleas and I have gone over dogs and cats again and again.

I think they are booklice, that's my best bet so far, will try and get a better photo, they are so small, camera barely picks them up... not silverfish either

Advertisement