Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sidling...

Options
  • 08-08-2013 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭

So I've started to re-read all the books, up to Guards Guards already and you tend to notice a lot of themes running through the writing.

The puns and comparisons are funny enough for the most part but what has really started to any me is the constant sidling that goes on. Everyone does it every all the time, it must be a global discwide past time or something :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

So I've started to re-read all the books, up to Guards Guards already and you tend to notice a lot of themes running through the writing.

The puns and comparisons are funny enough for the most part but what has really started to any me is the constant sidling that goes on. Everyone does it every all the time, it must be a global discwide past time or something :)

As in rincewind sidled over to twoflower? I would've thought that by guards guards he would have firmly hit his stride/policemans step

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The only character I remember sidling extensively is Nobby. But then he can sidle forwards as well as sideways.

Advertisement