Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got feedback on Solidworks training?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my boss to pay for SolidWorks training and he's asked me to try get feedback on some of the training providers before he makes a decision. I'm thinking it's a bit of a stall tactic but still I think I should try....

Has anyone gotten training from Solid Solutions in Sandyford or EduCAD Professional in Walkinstown? I know there are few more places that offer courses - Limerick IT and Pentagon Solutions being two - but I need to find something in Dublin. ( If anyone knows of another course being offered, details on this would also be very much appreciated )

Thanks in advance for any feedback / help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elless

Learning any type of 3d modelling is a slow process. Even if you get the basic training you still have to sit down and teach yourself how to use it for project work. SW is divided into several different areas ie Mold Design, Elelctrical, Piping, Sheetmetal and more. What area are you working in?

I would recommend trying the basic tutorials on www.learnsolidworks.com then purchase the iphone tutorial for €27 (there's discount on at the minute, it was €45) then the solidworks chopper model for €67 (it was €127). You will learn the basics and create a project also and you will learn a lot from these two tutorials. I would recommend this before paying hundreds for training and then still have to find projects that you can work on. Try tutorials at www.solidworkstutorials.com also. After that you can show your boss and maybe you can get further training if needed.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 opinion8d

Nice one, thanks for that. I'll do exactly what you've said - even though my boss is already starting to look for training.
    Fair play to you for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elless

No bother...Good luck with it...I'm looking at iGet It online training at the minute for SW...you can get access to various engineering courses, including SW for $295 for the year...its online video tutorials so you can access in work also...for $395 you can have up to 200 users accessing the courses so if there's more in your company that have access to SW and need training it would be a good buy... here's the link

http://myigetit.com/plans

Advertisement