Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying wetsuits.

Options
  • 08-08-2013 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good websites besides magicseaweed and shore.co.uk where I might be able to get a winter wetsuit at a good rate.

Magicseaweed are out of my size in their sales and special offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

IF you're familiar with a certain brand and you're sure it will fit you, sorted surf shop offer good value on "last year" suits. You have to keep a sharp eye out and check every day, I saved €170 on a winter wettie (I'm a funny size though). You're going to pay for quality that will last a few seasons though. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Search locally and you'll find a decent suit at a competitive price.
    Sunset Sail in Sligo offer very good value and have a website with delivery.

Magicpissweed won't help you when you need wax or a replacement leash urgently and you're missing the best surf in years.

Oh, and anyone that "showrooms" their local surfshop and then buys online is a complete & utter kook!
    Support your own whenever possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Try Troggs.com

Andy is an absolute gent to deal with and its keeping it Irish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Decent lads & service with Troggs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Problem with buying overseas with wetsuits is the warranty, they don't cover the cost of posting the suit back to the UK and it usually adds about a month to a repair if its covered as well as been a complete pain in the ass

Where as the local shops tend to be faster, or offer you a replacement suit for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Thanks for your help I ended up buying local and got a great bargain....

http://www.tikisurf.co.uk/Tiki-Mens-Prodigy-5-4-3-G2-Heated-Wetsuit

It was bought in my local surfshop here in Ireland, that's only a link to the type of suit I bought.

€180 euro down from €370....got those heat discs and all....

A good addition to my xcel drylock powerseam.

Advertisement