Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New nexus 4 - signal dropouts worse than they ever were with iphone 4

• 08-08-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I got a nexus 4 about a month ago and live in a week signal area. the old iPhone 4 used to drop the mobile signal about once a day and always had one bar.
    the nexus spends most of the day and night with no signal at all.
    I can only get o2 in my area too.

can this be fixed. or can I get a mobile signal booster that I can boost even the gsm signal with. no BB either at my house so femtocells are out too.

I love this phone but its for the bin if I can't use it. Lucky I kept the iPhone or I wouldn't have any signal at all.

the phone is fine in stronger signal areas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Why is it the phones fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So, just to be sure.

The phone itself is fine, but you have a terrible signal in your area, and it's happened on both phones.

How is the phones fault exactly?

As a side note you can get a signal booster in Argos I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

bidiots wrote: »
    Why is it the phones fault?
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    So, just to be sure.

The phone itself is fine, but you have a terrible signal in your area, and it's happened on both phones.

How is the phones fault exactly?

As a side note you can get a signal booster in Argos I think.

Lads, he said he has signal on the iPhone but not the Nexus. It`s reasonable for him to think that there is an issue with the Nexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Woofstuff wrote: »
    Lads, he said he has signal on the iPhone but not the Nexus. It`s reasonable for him to think that there is an issue with the Nexus.

At least someone understood the question.
    lads its only a question. clearly the nexus 4 is far worse in a low signal area than my old phone or even my wifes current phone.
    I am just looking to see if there is a solution to either improve the nexus 4 reception or a way to improve the signal in the house.

So can we please leave the fanboism out of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Try a new sim?

Is both 3g and regular a problem? Maybe one phone is better than the other switching between the two.
    Try the nexus with 3g both on and off to see if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement

Try a new sim?

Is both 3g and regular a problem? Maybe one phone is better than the other switching between the two.
    Try the nexus with 3g both on and off to see if it makes a difference.

thanks.
    I've tried that. my sim gets one bar most of the day I'm the old iPhone 4 and in the wife's phone. but in the nexus it spends most of the day with no signal. even set to 2g only. there's never 3g where we live anyway. using my wife's sim in all the phones produces the same result.

if I was in the attic there is at least a 1 bar signal on the other phones and most of the time a 1 bar signal on the nexus.

if I could get a repeater that I could put in the attic that would be great. does anyone no of anything like that? I see a lot of them on the net but would like to hear from anyone who actually used one in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Not sure which provider you are with, but if it's vodafone this might be an option:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/mobilephoneservices/suresignal/

I'm currently using both an N4 an iphone5 (personal and work phone) and havent noticed any difference in reception between the two but I tend to be on the 3g network most of the time.

Not sure which provider you are with, but if it's vodafone this might be an option:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/mobilephoneservices/suresignal/

I'm currently using both an N4 an iphone5 (personal and work phone) and havent noticed any difference in reception between the two but I tend to be on the 3g network most of the time.

Even on 3g outside the house and up the road a bit the n4 is worse.
    we can't get BB in our house. Eircom say we can't get it even though next door is on finer(whole other nightmare dealing with Eircom) so any thing using BB won't help us. A booster of some sort looks to be the only option.
    Want to get rid of Eircom after their behaviour but can't unless we can depend on mobiles in the house.

I've had it.
    I got a HTC one x and signal is great. Anyone want to buy a nexus 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I've had it.
    I got a HTC one x and signal is great. Anyone want to buy a nexus 4?

Stick it up on adverts or donedeal. It'll sell handy enough. I've noticed dropouts tend to be a bit worse for me as well, but only occasionally and not enough to really bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Sold now anyway. Thanks

Advertisement