Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert headphones with removable cable to wireless bluetooth headphones?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can convert headphones with removable cables into wireless bluetooth headphones? :confused:

For example is there a small bluetooth receiver that can by plugged directly into the headphones via the standard 3.5mm jack and a small transmitter plugged into the standard 3.5mm jack on the music device e.g. an android phone?

I've seen bluetooth adapters advertised, but they all involve plugging the headphone cable into the adapter, which is of limited utility.

Thanks

p.s. I did a search on the forum and could not find anything, apologies if it missed it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

I this this in my car, plug straight into my Aux In port.

Does the job, charged from Mirco USB. I'm sure you'll get cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

That looks like the sort of thing I'm on about alright, must investigate.

Thanks for the info. :)

Thanks for the update.

I'll keep an eye out for them, but it is a little bit bigger than I would have liked.

That's just my opinion, I hope constructive observations are encouraged - I'm pretty fussy. :)

Are all the functions compatible with Android phones?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sorry smokey, had to remove that last post as we don't encourage people signing up purely to promote their business.

Also, not sure if the htc adapter would work as surely you would need some sort of amp in order to drive your headphones?

No problem. I was wondering about the commercial element alright.

You might well be right about the amp, I don't know much about the technical side of audio products. I just thought it should be possible to turn removable cable headphones in to wireless via some bluetooth adapter, but maybe you need an amp. It's not a burning issue for me, it just might be handy. Also I was curious if it could be done.

Thanks for the response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PPC uses a Sony MW600 which converts any headphone into a wireless device.

Heard good things about it. The stock buds are probably good too.
    You should be able to find it for €50-60 online.

Advertisement