Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Nighmare

Options
  • 08-08-2013 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I signed up to Eircom broadband a few months ago, much to my regret. From start to finish it has been a disaster. I live in Cork city centre, but the internet didn't work properly from day 1. In any given day intermittent broadband was all I could hope for. I obviously contacted Eircom 'technical support.' They sent out one engineer after another. I had roughly six visits from different engineers. In the end two technicians were sent out with these devices that would pick up interference and disturbance to the signal. They were unable to rectify the problem. After many phone calls, during which I had to endure listening to music, while on hold, the broadband was cancelled. Eircom admitted there was nothing they could do to provide a proper internet service. Now I am faced with the prospect of ending my landline contract, with Eircom demanding 600 euro for terminating the contract. As well as this, I have bills for the Eicom landline service, which I only installed so that I could avail of their internet service. When I ring Eircom's customer service line, I am directed and redirected from person to person, in various departments. It seems like they don't want to listen to me, or deal with my issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

[font=Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Verdana]Consumer contracts are protected by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980.[/font]
    [font=Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Verdana][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have a contract with a supplier of[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]services[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you can expect that:[/font][/font]
    • The supplier has the necessary skill to provide the service
    • The service will be provided with proper care and diligence
    • The materials used will be sound and that goods supplied with the service will be of merchantable quality
    [*]
    [font=Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Verdana]You can read more about your rights when you buy a service here.[/font]
    [font=Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Verdana]The above shows the rights of a consumer in relation to purchasing a service form a service provider. I signed up for Eircom's broadband service, a service which they couldn't provide me with. But the attitude of the company is 'pay up,' even though they couldn't fix my broadband for me.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Johngoose wrote: »
    I signed up to Eircom broadband a few months ago, much to my regret. From start to finish it has been a disaster. I live in Cork city centre, but the internet didn't work properly from day 1. In any given day intermittent broadband was all I could hope for. I obviously contacted Eircom 'technical support.' They sent out one engineer after another. I had roughly six visits from different engineers. In the end two technicians were sent out with these devices that would pick up interference and disturbance to the signal. They were unable to rectify the problem. After many phone calls, during which I had to endure listening to music, while on hold, the broadband was cancelled. Eircom admitted there was nothing they could do to provide a proper internet service. Now I am faced with the prospect of ending my landline contract, with Eircom demanding 600 euro for terminating the contract. As well as this, I have bills for the Eicom landline service, which I only installed so that I could avail of their internet service. When I ring Eircom's customer service line, I am directed and redirected from person to person, in various departments. It seems like they don't want to listen to me, or deal with my issues.
    Hi Johngoose

Please PM me your eircom account number and a mobile contact for you. I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

Hi Johngoose

Please PM me your eircom account number and a mobile contact for you. I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al
    Still have heard nothing from you Alan,thought you were looking into my account details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Johngoose

Thanks

Al
    Still have heard nothing from you Alan,thought you were looking into my account details...
    Hi Johngoose

Thanks for taking my call, I'll be back to you as soon as the investigatiion is counducted which could run in to tomorrow.

Thanks

Al

Hi Johngoose

Thanks

Al
    Hi Johngoose

Thanks for taking my call, I'll be back to you as soon as the investigatiion is counducted which could run in to tomorrow.

Thanks

Al
    Any updates Alan?Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Johngoose

Thanks

Al
    Hi Johngoose

Thanks

Al
    HI Alan I have the new bill now which has gone up to 500.74 euro. My account number is <snip>. Can you sort this out as promised and get back to me. I will be at work, so would appreciate it if you rang me after 4 p.m.,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Johngoose
    I have seen your post to second thread and replied there.. I would advise against postingany account details though. You should remove this.
    Tony

Advertisement