Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm

Options
  • 08-08-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

I have replaced the PCB in a HKC panel(the old one was faulty) at home.
    Havnt wired an alarm in a few years so Im a bit rusty.
    Have a few questions for ye.
    Some of the windows(shock sensors) seem to be wired in parallel?
    Red and Black to the 12v supply and blue cables back to the zone 5(still with link attached) tampers were not connected.
    Also there is an internal PIR, when I want to arm the house for when Im home I dont want to arm the PIR, how do I do this?
    Thanks.
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

It sounds to me like you have point id sensors on zone 5. This are configured by changing the zone hardware to point id on zone 5. Then in the devices menu scan zone 5 and press in the tamper to id the device to the point number. P50...p51 .p52 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

for the pir you have to go to zone options for whichever zone its in and select exclude partset a. then when you arm the system with partset a (0#7) you will have that zone inhibited.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are they point ID sensors.
    +- and data connection. If so these links parallel back to the panel with the data connection going into zone 5 & 6 depending on the number of sensors involved. 10 can connect to zone 5 and 10 to zone 6. You wire the data cables to the return side of the zone but leave the link in place.

Thanks for the help lads.
    Will try that today.
    I'll let ye know if I get stuck again.

• Advertisement

I got the pir sorted thanks.
    I'm having trouble identifying z5 devices.
    The panel is recognising 5 out of 7 point id sensors.
    When i try and identify 50, its shpwing no id. I have pushed in the tamper switch but made no difference.
    Tried it on a different device with the same thing?
    Any ideas?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a device on 50 that needs to be removed first?

I don't think so.
    I'll check.
    Thanks

There's no other devices there already, any ideas why it's not recognising when I press the tamper on any of the devices?
    Thanks

How many ID devices have you in total?
    Can you put them onto Z6?
    Also can you check the voltage getting to all devices.
    I never had much faith in those ID devices. Most of them I used gave trouble at one stage on another.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    How many ID devices have you in total?
    Can you put them onto Z6?
    Also can you check the voltage getting to all devices.
    I never had much faith in those ID devices. Most of them I used gave trouble at one stage on another.

7 downstairs and 3 upstairs.
    I'll check the voltage tomorrow.
    Is there an alternative to the Id devices the way its wired if I can't get it to recognise them.

How many different 4 core cables are feeding these windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

you could use those id sensors but bypass the little pcb inside and wire in the head directly. cut the heads off and connect them to your wires and use them like regular sensors. no need to add and id then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thebomberhow

Looking help also folks. I have Id sensors through a quick bridge on a 8-12 panel. I somehow knocked them out and can't get the panel to I'd them back in. Any suggestions???

Do you mean ID sensors or wireless sensors?

Do you mean ID sensors or wireless sensors?

Apologies wireless sensors

So has the receiver been defaulted?
    Is it seeing any of the devices?

So has the receiver been defaulted?
    Is it seeing any of the devices?

Schoolboy error. Devices have to be programmed through quick bridge n not keypad. Cheers all the same koolkid

Not a bother. Glad you got it sorted..

Forgot to say I got all sorted.
    I had to run a new cable to a few of the sensors.
    The front windows were wired very strangely.
    I just used the Id sensors as normal shock sensors in the end.
    Thanks for all the help!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update. Probably the best solution in the long run, those devices can be more hassle than they are worth.

Yeah I thought that alright.
    Thanks again :-)

Not a bother. Glad you got it sorted..

Have you any idea on how to default an infinite panel. Can't get into the programming to remove a faulty device

A bit off topic for a thread called HKC Alarm.
    Please start a new thread and give some more information on the system you want to reset.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement