Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart telecom/digiweb connection & service issues?

• 08-08-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Have been a landline broadband customer with Smart for over 5 years with relatively few only minor problems. Been having poor connection and disconnects the last week or so, with no connection since last Friday. Finally contacted them Tuesday, and now phone is completely gone, no dial tone now, problem is at exchange apparently, when I last spoke to them.

Now I can't even get through to their helpline. Busy tone all morning.

Anyone else experience a major drop in service since smart became digiweb? Already considering changing, after 5 years top notch service to abysmal service in the space of a couple of weeks, what gives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Well all I can say is that I used to be a very happy digiweb customer. (On metro)
    However in the last 2 month the service has just gone to the absolute pits.
    Constant disconnects, slow speeds, timeouts etc etc.

When you talk to support you are told that its down to congestion and not having enough bandwidth. "We have the new equipment in place, but have not switched it on yet due to blablabla".

This was two months ago. Nothing has changed.
    In aprox two hours I have an eircom technician coming in and setting up "efibre". Hopefully that will be the end of my troubles regarding decent internet access.

As for dodgyweb. Run.. Run away fast. Anything is better than them (yes, even eircom).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DublinDil

I've been a very happy Smart customer too for years, but Sky were offering me a good deal for broadband & phone €55 per month. Happy Days!

So I filled in all the paper work and gave them my phone no., thats when Sky said OH SMART TELECOM, unfortunately we can't switch you over from them, the only service you can switch to is EIRCOM. Not a happy bunny.

Does anybody know how to get around this?

Advertisement