Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Exams

Options
  • 08-08-2013 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm currently a first year part-timer in HCCE and I dont think there is any chance of me getting a decent enough mark in my repeat Maths exam to get me a pass or even pass by compensation.

Does anyone know if I would be able to still progress onto the second year and take the Maths exam again at a later stage?

Also do you know of anyone who had to repeat a whole year with just the bare minimum modules to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

I recall two on the guys on the Full Time course, repeating the Maths module on Saturdays, while in 2nd Year, not sure how that would work with the Evening Course, since you already do Saturdays.

You can repeat just the failed module over the year(without progressing onto the 2nd year), think it costs around €1000.

If you fail, best to contact the college and see if there is any wiggle room with a pass by compensation or maybe some extra project you can take on to push the mark up.

Advertisement